All Points East Festival 2019

18 minutes ago, Dronx said:

Do you think they’ll announce any other uk dates? Ideally somewhere a bit further North? 

If they’re playing this then it wouldn’t be a total shock to see them pop up at Parklife or TRNSMT as a weird Liam Gallagher or NERD-type booking to get the Early Millenials through the gate. Probably not though.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

2 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

From last year’s experience: Am I going to be able to see both Strokes and Raconteurs? Do you think they end up on the same stage?

From memory, last year, the 2nd stage headliner finished as the main headliner began. 

So I left just before the end of Beck to catch the beginning of Bjork for example. You may miss a bit if they are on different stages but you'd definitely be able to catch most of each if its the same as last year.

5 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

From last year’s experience: Am I going to be able to see both Strokes and Raconteurs? Do you think they end up on the same stage?

Either the above response or they’ll sub on the main stage. Based on placings on the poster last year, more likely on the 2nd stage. Yeah Yeah Yeahs played before LCD though so there’s a chance it’s that.

Just now, PDAD said:

Really? Can't say I noticed any issues myself.

They faced a fair bit of backlash about promoting top tier acts and then clashing them. I think they even moved Future Islands considerably earlier because people were unhappy about the clash with TWOD.

Obviously some clashing is unavoidable but I suspect it’ll be more considered next time.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They faced a fair bit of backlash about promoting top tier acts and then clashing them. I think they even moved Future Islands considerably earlier because people were unhappy about the clash with TWOD.

Obviously some clashing is unavoidable but I suspect it’ll be more considered next time.

It was a pain to decide whether to see someone you’d really like to see (St Vincent for example) or have a chance to be near enough to the main stage for the headliner (Nick Cave for example).

The only ones I attempted were Lorde and The xx (where I was right near the back for the xx) and Beck and Bjork (where I was really successful at getting to my mates in a decent spot, and only got “tutted” by one person on the way there).

Edited by aidenlangan95

Just now, dentalplan said:

Fair enough. 

Yeah clashing is definitely going to be unavoidable though for The Strokes day unless the likes of Parquet Courts and Jarvis Cocker play early in the day, which I can't see happening. 

There's worse reasons for a backlash than 'There's too many good bands to fit in' though. 

33 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Have you not signed up to get emails from APE? They sent one out today; it's got a presale link that activates at 9am tonorrow

No I haven't signed up.  Any prediction how fast it will be sold out? Because I have to sort out about that UK trip with my mates first before I buy the tickets. 

1 hour ago, berger55 said:

No I haven't signed up.  Any prediction how fast it will be sold out? Because I have to sort out about that UK trip with my mates first before I buy the tickets. 

Not for a little while - only one day sold out last year - but with that undercard it's hard to tell.

There'll probably be the option of getting them through 2nd hand sites (eg Twickets) nearer the time though if they do sell out while you're planning.

15 minutes ago, Hawros said:

Not for a little while - only one day sold out last year - but with that undercard it's hard to tell.

There'll probably be the option of getting them through 2nd hand sites (eg Twickets) nearer the time though if they do sell out while you're planning.

Sure, predictions are hard to make, finger crossed.

I may combine the APE Saturday with the Slam Dunk at Hatfield on Sunday. Sounds like a good London Weekend ;)