All Points East Festival 2019

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Spiritualized have dropped out!! Perhaps abandoned their tour as they were expected at another fest.

Oh is the why Jon Hopkins has stepped in? Good spot! Personally I prefer Jon, but do already have a ticket to see him in Leeds. 

P.s. Sorry for double post - can I add a quote into a post with an edit? 

that Saturday looks so sick wtf whyyyyyy did I book other things to do that day :(  the Sunday looks a lot rosier with the addition of James Blake too, even though that new album was crap.

Pissing me off how the ‘logo’ for C&TQ makes it look like she’s cancelled though, don’t know why anyone would sign off on that.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

8 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Wonder if this will keep growing until its considered one of the "big UK festivals"?  I can see AEG having this as a festival for younger people, and BST for older people

In terms of the line up it’s already probably in the third tier (assuming Glasto is in a league of its own and then R&L and TRNSMT are the next rung down).

The decent-but-not-great transport links and the size of the site will almost certainly limit it ever going any bigger, but it’s such a nice chill atmosphere I don’t know why anyone would ever want it to become one of the ‘bucket list’ events anyway.

4 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

In terms of the line up it’s already probably in the third tier (assuming Glasto is in a league of its own and then R&L and TRNSMT are the next rung down).

The decent-but-not-great transport links and the size of the site will almost certainly limit it ever going any bigger, but it’s such a nice chill atmosphere I don’t know why anyone would ever want it to be one of the ‘box ticking’ events.

I feel like some of the TRNSMT headliners are on the same level as APE headliners tbh (Stereophonics and Liam Gallagher). Plus, APE seems to have much better undercards than TRNSMT and R&L

24 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I feel like some of the TRNSMT headliners are on the same level as APE headliners tbh (Stereophonics and Liam Gallagher). Plus, APE seems to have much better undercards than TRNSMT and R&L

Yeah I know, it’s clearly not a black and white thing, but Stereophonics in particular was clearly just TRNSMT saving money to spend elsewhere, whereas they’d be a ‘main’ headliner if for some reason APE ever booked them.

APE isn’t gonna be booking Arctic Monkeys any time soon, even if they put out more records which alienate half their fanbase. Similarly you won’t find LCD or Bon Iver ever headlining TRNSMT or Reading either, whereas APE can get away with them without so much as a raised eyebrow.

Plus TRNSMT is a bigger thing culturally because it’s Scotland’s main fest whereas APE is just one of a bunch of big fests in London, obvs. APE will never get people going to it just to post photos of themselves at a festival on Instagram like they do at TRNSMT and Reading because that sort of person will just go to Wireless or even BST instead.

Best day line up I've seen in a few years that! The Strokes, Raconteurs, Jarvis, Interpol, Courtney Barnett, Johnny Marr, Parquet Courts. Incredible. Got Glastonbury and Nos already booked this year and don't think they'll have a day as good as that this year. Unfortunately I'll thrown a few feelers out this morning and no one can make the thing though ?

Ents 24 have got a presale tomorrow as well. Got an email about it bout an hour ago. I'm sure if you register on the site they'll send you one. Wouldn't surprise me if there's one posted on the APE Facebook site tomorrow morning too

https://m.ents24.com/london-events/victoria-park/the-strokes/5476602?referer=presalealert&utm_medium=email&utm_source=presalealert&utm_campaign=advanced-alerts