All Points East Festival 2019

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

who says they'd headline Glasto? I didn't.

the source is highly accurate although has (I think) occasionally had something duff. He's very probably right this time.

Amusingly I was told 'probably on Saturday'... which is probably right, cos there's only Saturday's left to announce for. :P 

100%

• Upvote 1

Everything looks to point to The Strokes at APE which would be sick, but...

If people are saying they're big enough to headline (albeit, a small headliner) Glastonbury, then surely there's a chance of BST Hyde Park? Vampire Weekend/Bloc Party supporting would be mad - and it fits with the time they're in Europe.

Would much prefer APE though on May 25th.

10 minutes ago, R Shah said:

If people are saying they're big enough to headline (albeit, a small headliner) Glastonbury, then surely there's a chance of BST Hyde Park? Vampire Weekend/Bloc Party supporting would be mad - and it fits with the time they're in Europe.

I reckon it'll be second weekend with Bon Iver and BMTH.

31 minutes ago, R Shah said:

They struggled to sell Hyde Park last time they played so dunno why AEG would put them on there again when there's a much more suitable venue down the road 

Edited by the wonderwhy

56 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

They struggled to sell Hyde Park last time they played so dunno why AEG would put them on there again when there's a much more suitable venue down the road 

So, am I right in thinking the logic behind Glastonbury being possible is because Glasto doesn't exactly have to shift any tickets, so they can book who they like- whereas if it was Hyde Park AEG wouldn't as they think they don't think the Strokes will sell 65k tickets?

5 minutes ago, R Shah said:

So, am I right in thinking the logic behind Glastonbury being possible is because Glasto doesn't exactly have to shift any tickets, so they can book who they like- whereas if it was Hyde Park AEG wouldn't as they think they don't think the Strokes will sell 65k tickets?

People’s logic behind thinking Glastonbury is largely due to the few bits of gossip we’ve heard about The Strokes being there and no other rumours/likely suspects. I still really don’t see it but also struggle to come up with a likely substitute. But aye, The Strokes are hardly a major festival headliner anymore and if they were booked for Glastonbury it’d hardly be as the first choice - more like  backup/last option. They’re a perfect headliner for the likes of APE though. 

And as for this new BMTH album, I can see why fans of the heavier side of music might be totally put off by it, but it honesltly feels like a natural progression to me, especially in this day and age of everything sounding like The Chainsmokers. Probably the only shot at them staying in any way relevant, and tbh even though I can’t see myself ever returning to it, it wasn’t half as bad as I was expecting. Think they’ve fucked it at climbing up to major headliners, but also think it’ll see them through for another few years.

Fuck knows how Oli is expecting to sing it all live mind. A lot of backing track and keyboardist help I’m guessing.

9 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

And as for this new BMTH album, I can see why fans of the heavier side of music might be totally put off by it, but it honesltly feels like a natural progression to me, especially in this day and age of everything sounding like The Chainsmokers. Probably the only shot at them staying in any way relevant, and tbh even though I can’t see myself ever returning to it, it wasn’t half as bad as I was expecting. Think they’ve fucked it at climbing up to major headliners, but also think it’ll see them through for another few years.

Fuck knows how Oli is expecting to sing it all live mind. A lot of backing track and keyboardist help I’m guessing.

What are the rest of the band going to do live if they play a lot from this album? Lee Malia already stands there in photoshoots wearing Metallica tees looking dead inside :lol: 

9 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

What are the rest of the band going to do live if they play a lot from this album? Lee Malia already stands there in photoshoots wearing Metallica tees looking dead inside :lol: