All Points East Festival 2019

23 hours ago, Dukey said:

Anyone heard BMTH's new single Medicine? I like it, but very different. 

Don't mind them going for a different style there were some great, more electronic sounding tracks on the last album like follow you. This just sounds a bit dull though imo, loved the last two tracks though and I'm still pretty excited for the album.

23 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I'm not sure if anyone was still expecting them for this but The Strokes are playing New York on June 2nd, so it's first weekend or nothing now. The Latitude rumour seems much more likely.

Yeah, very unlikely they come to the UK/Europe then back to the US and then back over here again for the festival tour a few weeks later, sadly. 

Also noticed Mitski is on that lineup on the 31st May. Does that solve that particular APE mystery? Can't remember which day she was expected for.

Edited by The Martini Police

1 hour ago, The Martini Police said:

Yeah, very unlikely they come to the UK/Europe then back to the US and then back over here again for the festival tour a few weeks later, sadly. 

Also noticed Mitski is on that lineup on the 31st May. Does that solve that particular APE mystery? Can't remember which day she was expected for.

Bon Iver day 

Any solid tips on who is playing the Saturday of weekend 2? Flying over for the Bon Iver gig and just debating whether I want to make a weekend of it or just stick to the one day. No interest in BMTH.

Flew over for the LCD day last year and had a great time so no issue just doing the one day again if I need to.

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Tame Impala have been announced for Boston Calling which is on the first APE weekend, so I reckon they’ll be the Saturday headliner for weekend 2. Them and Foals make sense for the remaining two days.

I dunno. Tame Impala and Pond sets at PS on Friday and then they’re both announced for We Love Green (ffs) over that weekend too.

Just now, dentalplan said:

I dunno. Tame Impala and Pond sets at PS on Friday and then they’re both announced for We Love Green (ffs) over that weekend too.

Ah I didn't know about We Love Green. Where else is there for Kevin and the lads then? Parklife and Glastonbury are the only things that come to mind, unless they do a big Finsbury gig but not sure that would sell very well. 

If Massive Attack are the next headliner than APE has fizzled out already in its second year...stop the clock...

Hyde Park is looking dull with Who and Florence...

Has there been a worse year for headliners ever across the board? I thought last year was bad... At least Prima stuffed the middle-card....

Vampire Weekend seem perfectly timed and sized to do Citadel instead. I think if they were here then they’d be headlining BKS and Primavera instead of lower slots at DTRH and Mad Cool.

Looking at that We Love Green lineup; they seem to have recently confirmed Sunday will be the day Tame Impala and Pond play there. So Saturday is perhaps feasible if if they're willing to do three shows over the weekend - six for some of the members I think, depends on what the future overlap will be.