All Points East Festival 2019

2 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

The same Lovebox whose last few headliners have been Childish Gambino, N.E.R.D, Skepta, Frank Ocean and Chase & Status?

Could they do Citadel then maybe? Not really their scene but much more than like a proper indie festival - they kind of have the Foals/Tame Impala vibes and its July 14th so perfect timing really? Probably at Latitude anyway.

Apparently, The Strokes kick off their global comeback at BBK Bilbao, meaning you won't have to expect them anywhere before July 11th. 

According to this: https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/12/the-strokes-global-comeback-2019/

Don't know if someone came accross other channels claiming this, would expect to find more with 'an press release'.

14 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

Apparently, The Strokes kick off their global comeback at BBK Bilbao, meaning you won't have to expect them anywhere before July 11th. 

According to this: https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/12/the-strokes-global-comeback-2019/

Don't know if someone came accross other channels claiming this, would expect to find more with 'an press release'.

I feel like that more means it's the first one announced than the very first show happening.

12 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

I feel like that more means it's the first one announced than the very first show happening.

I'd agree with that, the contents of the article isn't based on much, just the fact that they've been announced for BBK. Someone will announce them soon to get on the Hype train surely (if the Strokes are still relevant, I'm not sure)? I'd think they'd want to do that before Christmas but it seems too late now.

I don't think he's been mentioned that much on here so if there's a reason for that then my bad, but what about Thom Yorke? He's headlining a variety of festivals around Europe and America next year and a show in London would be pretty popular. Not too dissimilar to James Blake headlining Field Day, except it would surely be more popular

Edited by finn_with_1_n
Wrong information

12 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

I first read it like that as well, in response to someone telling me this. At the Grammy website (https://www.google.nl/amp/s/www.grammy.com/grammys/news/meet-me-bilbao-strokes-announce-global-comeback-tour-2019%3famp) they put it more like it will be their first show, but refer to the CoS article.

Would APE not have wanted to be the first to announce them, if they had The Strokes?

2 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

what about Thom Yorke?

Seems far more likely than some of the suggestions and fits more with the style of acts they booked in previous years, though he hasn't been announced anywhere until July and not on the Primevara lineup.

6 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

Would APE not have wanted to be the first to announce them, if they had The Strokes?

Thought the same thing, its not going to be as surprising an announcement whether its here, Latitude or somewhere else now.

1 hour ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

If the Strokes play Lattitude does that defo rule them out of APE. Really want to see them but APE appeals way more and I'm away for most of july.

May even be IOW tbh. Hope they do more than one festival but unlikely. Yeah, I reckon latitude will rule them out for anything else.

Edited by R Shah

1 hour ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

If the Strokes play Lattitude does that defo rule them out of APE. Really want to see them but APE appeals way more and I'm away for most of july.

The biggest thing ruling them out at the moment is probably the press release/news stories saying BBK Bilbao in July is gonna be their first show of the tour.

4 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

It wouldn't definitely rule them out.

But as Latitude is ultimately owned by Live Nation (via Festival Republic), and APE is owned by their biggest global rival AEG (via Goldenvoice), the odds of a band headlining both events in the same year would have to be seen as minimal. You'd have to expect that at least one and probably both of the promoters would squash the idea.

On 12/24/2018 at 7:20 AM, Sean1234321 said:

Anyone think Oh Sees could get announced for one of the days?

They have a little UK tour scheduled for next may with no London date, and it finishes just in time for All Points East.

I guess they could fit somewhere on the BMTH day, or another day that hasn't been announced yet.

yeah seems possible for sure.

Anyone who got cheap last min tickets last year, roughly how much were they? Was it a BST £2.50 jobby or was it all via ticketswap etc? I'm very interested in going to a couple of the days but not £62.50 interested.

1 hour ago, Guy Incognito said:

yeah seems possible for sure.

Anyone who got cheap last min tickets last year, roughly how much were they? Was it a BST £2.50 jobby or was it all via ticketswap etc? I'm very interested in going to a couple of the days but not £62.50 interested.

Yeah, secondary ticketing sites. I think finding tickets (for non-Catfish days) for below £40 was pretty rare.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, R Shah said:

BMTH just leaked live on Radio 1 that Architects are at APE. When Annie asked them about the acts, he literally said "We've got nothing but thieves, Arch- oops, some that we can't tell you about yet" it sounded so deliberate lol 

Shaping up to be a fantastic day.

So architects are on the next anncoment