All Points East Festival 2019

26 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The Good, The Bad and the lads announced for Heartland Festival on weekend two. Doesn’t particularly look like Blur are returning around the time.

Was a ridiculous thing to have made up in the first place. Blur doing Parklife in full. Yeah right...

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Was a ridiculous thing to have made up in the first place. Blur doing Parklife in full. Yeah right...

Isn't that wild. Remember that time Gorillaz played their first live show in years at some little amusement park?

All Points East. Glasto secret set. Arena tour at the end of the year. Festival tour 2020

It fits 

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Isn't that wild. Remember that time Gorillaz played their first live show in years at some little amusement park?

All Points East. Glasto secret set. Arena tour at the end of the year. Festival tour 2020

It fits 

Green Day fits, Blur doesn't in the slightest.

Not sure what relevance Gorillaz has. The point is that Blur won't want to be seen as washed-up and completely out of ideas by playing their old album (which has also dated badly).

13 hours ago, endswithMJ said:

Email from AXS said this is BMTH's only UK show of 2019...

Jordan Fish on Twitter replied to a comment saying "they may play a few more"....

Everywhere is billing it as their only UK headline show of 2019. Some people are interpreting that to mean they might play a support slot to someone (presumably a stadium band),  but personally I think it's more likely they end up at Glasto again. 

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

Not sure what relevance Gorillaz has. The point is that Blur won't want to be seen as washed-up and completely out of ideas by playing their old album (which has also dated badly).

Correct, Damon doesn't seem to want or need to rehash old glories and the others seem happy doing their own things whilst coming back occasionally for a sporadic reunion. They don't seem the type to do a Stone Roses and milk the same reunion setlist for years on end, next time they come back it'll almost certainly be in the wake of new material, whenever that may be. They're certainly not desperate enough to crank out an album anniversary tour for the cash. Besides, they already incorporate the best bits of Parklife into their live shows (and Tracy Jacks for some unknown reason) so there's absolutely no need for them to do it.

It doesn't fit.

19 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Did the guy even say it was Blur? Or are you all just assuming your guess was correct and claiming he's making stuff up for attention?

C'mon now. The comment was made that it was a britpop band celebrating an album's 25th anniversary next year that was - clunky wording coming up - 'perfect and big enough for playing a park in London'  (and then later, the last comment is a clue)

You don't need to be Columbo to solve that one.

If the info about a 25th anniversary show is correct, Pearl Jam just tweeted about how today is the 24th anniversary of Vitalogy. Not sure if that album would work live in full but they've only done 2 London shows in the past how many years and they sold out within minutes. They haven't played a UK festival since Hard Rock Calling (I think) and they've begun to play albums in full in recent years. Obviously just pure speculation as usual but they'd be a pretty massive headliner

Edit: didn't realise it was a Britpop band. Never mind

Edited by finn_with_1_n

The guys only made three posts on here and there was no mention of britpop or any other genre :lol: just it’s a 25 year anniversary show, they’d fit playing in a park in London and later that they’ve been mentioned in this topic. 

Green Day seems obvious to me, they’ve even said they're rehearsing Dookie in full recently...

2 minutes ago, AAlex said:

The guys only made three posts on here and there was no mention of britpop or any other genre :lol: just it’s a 25 year anniversary show, they’d fit playing in a park in London and later that they’ve been mentioned in this topic. 

Green Day seems obvious to me, they’ve even said they're rehearsing Dookie in full recently...

Not true

image.thumb.png.872783ed171906f0d00eb0e65de76a15.png

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Why would he suggest that names that aren't his name fit his clue?

Huh? He doesn't suggest any names. If I was posting a clue about, say, Pearl Jam, and someone posted that "Could be a long list of ageing Brit pop bands that you could mention", suggesting my hint was too open ended, I could easily reply like "Yeah but only a couple of them are big enough to do the gig", countering that suggestion, even though my hint wasn't about a Britpop act.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Huh? He doesn't suggest any names. If I was posting a clue about, say, Pearl Jam, and someone posted that "Could be a long list of ageing Brit pop bands that you could mention", suggesting my hint was too open ended, I could easily reply like "Yeah but only a couple of them are big enough to do the gig", countering that suggestion, even though my hint wasn't about a Britpop act.

Except that in the last clause of the same sentence he makes the link to a band 'perfect for a playing a park in London' which is a barely guarded reference to Parklife in the same context.

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Except that in the last clause of the same sentence he makes the link to a band 'perfect for a playing a park in London' which is a barely guarded reference to Parklife in the same context.

What? Just because it has the word "park" in it? I saw the clue at the time and thought everyone was getting way ahead of themselves by thinking that was definitely a reference to Parklife. Or am I missing something here?

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

What? Just because it has the word "park" in it? I saw the clue at the time and thought everyone was getting way ahead of themselves by thinking that was definitely a reference to Parklife. Or am I missing something here?

Yes, because he says in his messages he has provided a clue. And in the context of a statement about Brit Pop, the clunky English wording 'perfect for a playing a park in London' is exactly that. Especially in relation to an album from 1996.