All Points East Festival 2019

I don't suppose they'll be updating Bandsintown this time...

Think it'll be Smashing Pumpkins at the moment, given the couple of announcements from them this week and the album today. I think the Sunday of first weekend would suit as they are probably doing away with the stylistic shift between weekends one and two, and also it avoids a pileup of dates on weekend two (Heartland, potentially Primavera and BKS, maybe a couple more I've forgotten).

On 11/15/2018 at 9:43 AM, FloorFiller said:

Seeming pretty likely yeah, and main support is apparently Architects, While She Sleeps and Nothing But Thieves.

What capacity is the event? I don't see that as a Top 4 bill selling well enough to justify a big outside show. Be lucky to sell out The 02 Arena if tickets are £60-70. 

Edited by Pop Punk Sucks

1 hour ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

What capacity is the event? I don't see that as a Top 4 bill selling well enough to justify a big outside show. Be lucky to sell out The 02 Arena if tickets are £60-70. 

The catfish day was like £40 last year, not all the days to this are expensive.

21 hours ago, diogozsz said:

They recently followed Sleaford Mods, Dan Auerbach, DJ Moxie and boygenius

On the Twitter, which tbf has been much more random than the Insta follows. But I'm splitting hairs there - I do think we'll get the Mods. boygenius seem unlikely, are they doing festivals, or even playing live shows as a group?

21 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

We don't know that that's the top end of the bill, it's just speculated that those acts will appear on it. It doesn't seem unlikely to me that there's a big sub to come with em.

8 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

On the Twitter, which tbf has been much more random than the Insta follows. But I'm splitting hairs there - I do think we'll get the Mods. boygenius seem unlikely, are they doing festivals, or even playing live shows as a group?

We don't know that that's the top end of the bill, it's just speculated that those acts will appear on it. It doesn't seem unlikely to me that there's a big sub to come with em.

boygenius have been touring in the states. 

no idea if we’ll get a tour over here but I bloody hope we do 

4 hours ago, Mash011 said:

I can't see Architects being lower than sub. They were being touted as a Download sub all year on here.

On 11/17/2018 at 3:43 PM, the wonderwhy said:

boygenius have been touring in the states. 

no idea if we’ll get a tour over here but I bloody hope we do 

Julien Baker is already performing solo on the second Sunday, so she's probably touring without boygenius this summer.

3 hours ago, Orens said:

Julien Baker is already performing solo on the second Sunday, so she's probably touring without boygenius this summer.

I don’t think that makes a difference really, as long as they’re all in the same place it’s relatively easy to do. Not like a Gorillaz-Blur kinda deal 

3 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I don’t think that makes a difference really, as long as they’re all in the same place it’s relatively easy to do. Not like a Gorillaz-Blur kinda deal 

But her touring solo around that time probably means she has a bunch of solo dates piled up, so finding them all in the same place might be difficult.

Could imagine them uniting at one of Green Man or EOTR as part of s proper tour.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

But her touring solo around that time probably means she has a bunch of solo dates piled up, so finding them all in the same place might be difficult.

Could imagine them uniting at one of Green Man or EOTR as part of s proper tour.

Oh yeah I just meant her touring solo doesn’t rule it out 

3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Ha, I've not been properly following the thread but I thought that was just people on here trolling with the BMTH shout. Weird, they're so different to what seems to be the vibe of the festival.

I guess it's difficult to get sellable acts that aren't 'heritage' acts that fit the vibe of the fest, so they get what they can.