All Points East Festival 2019

19 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I remember it starting to turn dark when she started playing. Definitely in the dark on the whole. 

That's sound then. It really does make such a difference that this festival takes place at a time of year where headliners can play fully in darkness, one of a few things that puts it a cut above the rest of the London fests.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

What the hell why did you single Bjork out for asking whether they played in daylight? Why not Nick Cave, who played the corresponding show last time? Baffling post.

thought you'd pop up. Sunday innit. I just thought of Bjork cos that was the weekend I went to. 

3 hours ago, Mash011 said:

thought you'd pop up. Sunday innit. I just thought of Bjork cos that was the weekend I went to. 

Oh right. Still only started a couple of mins before LCD Soundsystem. Nick Cave started before 9pm so a week closer to solstice and if he starts as early (probably will to do a 22min break) then I think it might be still a wee bit light by the time it starts.

You seen anything about the number of stages open? Been looking, can't see whether the dissolution of APE Presents means more stages or fewer.

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Oh right. Still only started a couple of mins before LCD Soundsystem. Nick Cave started before 9pm so a week closer to solstice and if he starts as early (probably will to do a 22min break) then I think it might be still a wee bit light by the time it starts.

You seen anything about the number of stages open? Been looking, can't see whether the dissolution of APE Presents means more stages or fewer.

Hmm no I don't think I have. Odd considering last year they were constantly touting the number of stages they have. I guess the website and that is still bare bones while stuff is being announced. 

22 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

You’d think that now they’re both under the same festival banner they’d get the same infrastructure and capacity, but obviously that’s an assumption. 

Yeah I’m sure it’ll have the same infrastructure across both weekends, but they don’t seem to be saying what that’ll be. I sorta just have a hard time imagining three stages across both weekends because of the last minute dash to fill the stages up last time.

I vividly remember it being very dark for LCD's set which worked amazingly with the disco ball, as well as for The xx and lightly raining when they played Shelter (the irony)!

19 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Did Bjork still have darkness for all/most of her set? Be disappointed if Bonny ended up playing in daylight.

For Bjork, it was gradually getting darker but there was lightning throughout, so it was a really cool atmosphere.

45 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

The Chemical Brothers, Disclosure, Portishead, Bring Me the Horizon, Smashing Pumpkins, Bon Iver I reckon.

Would Disclosure do this when I presume they'll be headlining Wildlife in Brighton too? Seems like they'd be too close together for them to wanna do both (although there has been no confirmation Wildlife is actually returning next year yet)

19 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Would Disclosure do this when I presume they'll be headlining Wildlife in Brighton too? Seems like they'd be too close together for them to wanna do both (although there has been no confirmation Wildlife is actually returning next year yet)

Isn’t Wildlife dead in the water now? Wasn’t on this year so unsure if they’re ever bringing it back.