All Points East Festival 2019

7 minutes ago, Deadendfriends8 said:

I'm shitting myself a little bit now. I got in early through the Bon Iver presale and they were £36 each? But now it says this. I've bought the tickets at that £36. Anyone else in the same boat?

GA in that presale comes up as £80.15 for me.

Kids/Guardian ticket maybe?

Edited by gregory

8 minutes ago, Deadendfriends8 said:

I'm shitting myself a little bit now. I got in early through the Bon Iver presale and they were £36 each? But now it says this. I've bought the tickets at that £36. Anyone else in the same boat?

They are also £80 for me there.

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

They are also £80 for me there.

I've worked out the issue. The link from the Bon Iver website took me through to "accessible tickets". Basically disabled platform tickets. Which are £36 and I've gone and got them without realising... In my defence I saw general admission and was like this is it

PHOTO-2018-11-13-09-21-31.jpg

2 minutes ago, Deadendfriends8 said:

I've worked out the issue. The link from the Bon Iver website took me through to "accessible tickets". Basically disabled platform tickets. Which are £36 and I've gone and got them without realising... In my defence I saw general admission and was like this is it

PHOTO-2018-11-13-09-21-31.jpg

Shouldn't be a problem for them to reverse, anyway!

13 minutes ago, James96 said:

Ah it took me to VIP on my phone through the presale. Wonder if this one will sell out, 7 nights sold out at the Apollo was impressive earlier this year.

I don’t doubt that but seven nights at an Academy is a totally different ballgame to selling out a 60,000 capacity festival, on a Sunday night, with a fairly weak undercard, at £80 a pop. Doubt Nick Cave would’ve sold it out without Patti Smith and St Vincent there to help things along, and there most likely aren’t gonna be tens of thousands of people who would travel from far and wide to catch the supporting acts on this poster. But you never know ?‍♂️

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

1 hour ago, James96 said:

Ah it took me to VIP on my phone through the presale. Wonder if this one will sell out, 7 nights sold out at the Apollo was impressive earlier this year.

The National sold out four nights at the Apollo and didn't sell their night out. That said, FAK sell out academies and are only third on the bill so it might do pretty well.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I didn't queue for more than a couple of minutes at a bar last year and went for a poo before I left the house.

50 quid saved.

Same tbf, the bars were great. Dunno if they were at other fests last year cos I didn't go to any but those contactless things made life so much easier.

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The National sold out four nights at the Apollo and didn't sell their night out. That said, FAK sell out academies and are only third on the bill so it might do pretty well.

Personally I'm more willing to travel for an intimate venue than a day festival so that might be in play. Conversely super fans will attend multiple nights. 

All in all I haven't helped at all there :)

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I didn't queue for more than a couple of minutes at a bar last year and went for a poo before I left the house.

50 quid saved.

I walked straight into the VIP area without realising what is was. Then kept going back once I did. 

Food was nice but even more overpriced than the main festival

according to the mailout from APE, The Tallest Man on Earth will be on the East Stage (main one), and he is "regularly compared to Bob Dylan" apparently. I assume by his own management team

Also worth noting that Bon Iver's day starts an hour earlier and has a curfew 30 minutes earlier than Chemical Brothers the week before

3 hours ago, Stuielooie said:

Don't hate me but I cannot imagine a lot of Bon Iver songs going down well at a Festival. A lot of drunk people talking throughout fantastic instrumentals and quiet singing. (that being I only know a few old Bon Iver songs, which were always quite quiet)

A few years ago I thought this when he was announced to headline Latitude., even though a fan I thought it was wrong. I was proved very wrong, he gave a magical performance and was very much a headliner.

Anyone who is skeptical should look on YouTube at some of the sets of recent. Pioneer works and Pitchfork Festival Paris are good recommendations. Bon Iver are actually a pretty incredible live act I think. Some of the newer material sounds huge live - deathbreast, 666, 8 circle, God. All sound incredible. And there are quite a few festival appropriate tracks in their back catalogue, i.e. Blood Bank, Perth, Towers and the like. It's not just re:stacks and wolves

This is a really fantastic line up imo.

Never seen Bon Iver before (had tickets to his last tour but then he cancelled before re-arranging but chose not to re-book to save money).

Huge fan of Snail Mail, Mitski, Julien Baker, First Aid Kit and the Tallest Man on Earth. Missed John Grant at Green Man as he clashed with Teenage Fanclub but heard great things. 

Although - can't see Mitski on their website now. Have I missed something? 

4 hours ago, finn_with_1_n said:

according to the mailout from APE, The Tallest Man on Earth will be on the East Stage (main one), and he is "regularly compared to Bob Dylan" apparently. I assume by his own management team

Also worth noting that Bon Iver's day starts an hour earlier and has a curfew 30 minutes earlier than Chemical Brothers the week before

Sorry so what's the curfew then? 10pm? 10:30pm?

49 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

This is a really fantastic line up imo.

Never seen Bon Iver before (had tickets to his last tour but then he cancelled before re-arranging but chose not to re-book to save money).

Huge fan of Snail Mail, Mitski, Julien Baker, First Aid Kit and the Tallest Man on Earth. Missed John Grant at Green Man as he clashed with Teenage Fanclub but heard great things. 

Although - can't see Mitski on their website now. Have I missed something? 

Snail Mail has posted a different poster, which included Mitski. She was never officially announced.