All Points East Festival 2019

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It seems like an APE Presents lineup so trying to figure out how a third stage factors in is difficult. Really couldn’t see the type of people buying heading to First Aid Kit, John Grant, Snail Mail, etc. then ditching Bon Iver for Sophie (lol ffs) or another dance act.

West stage doesn't clash with headliners does it pal. Also APE Presents as far as we know is dead, both weekends are the festival now.

4 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

West stage doesn't clash with headliners does it pal. Also APE Presents as far as we know is dead, both weekends are the festival now.

It’s hard to suit a one day event - centred around a headliner - to diverse genres though buddy.

It did clash on the day I went I guess.

3 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Also re Sophie, going off the Bjork day and assuming there is a tent on the Bon Iver day I think they're likely to have electronic artists in it - and Sophie is a better fit than most for a day like that.

Why going off Bjork day?

Edited by dentalplan

Just now, dentalplan said:

It’s hard to suit a one day event - centred around a headliner - to diverse genres though buddy.

It did on the day I went I guess.

Why going off Bjork day?

Cos the Bjork day had Flying Lotus in the tent while the rest of the lineup was dominated by indie acts.

O yeah Richie Hawtin did go on later on the LCD day. But that's an outlier, like.

Was just re-jigging my Glasto prediction and realised I haven't seen anyone suggest Kraftwerk in this thread. Surely got a decent shot at being here? The Strokes are apparently doing Latitude so I guess they're out.

Reckon 5 from:

BMTH / Bon Iver / Vampire Weekend / New Order / Smashing Pumpkins / Kraftwerk / David Byrne

6 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Was just re-jigging my Glasto prediction and realised I haven't seen anyone suggest Kraftwerk in this thread. Surely got a decent shot at being here? The Strokes are apparently doing Latitude so I guess they're out.

Reckon 5 from:

BMTH / Bon Iver / Vampire Weekend / New Order / Smashing Pumpkins / Kraftwerk / David Byrne

I think @the wonderwhy was saying he'd heard something about that? Dunno if I can see APE going for them myself but could be a thing.

3 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

I think @the wonderwhy was saying he'd heard something about that? Dunno if I can see APE going for them myself but could be a thing.

Dunno, I searched all the pages back to like page 8 and there had been no mention of them.

I was wondering whether they were quite big enough for it but I reckon they're a similar size to Björk (for both of them I wondered for a while whether they'd headline Other or WH at Glasto before settling on the former).

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Dunno, I searched all the pages back to like page 8 and there had been no mention of them.

I was wondering whether they were quite big enough for it but I reckon they're a similar size to Björk (for both of them I wondered for a while whether they'd headline Other or WH at Glasto before settling on the former).

Yeah you'd have seen it if you hadn't left our group chat you miserable bastard

1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

wonder why you didn't find my post 

I only searched back to page 8 cos I assumed they'd have been mentioned in the last 12 pages. I actually didn't misread that post you quoted and thought you'd quoted my post with "Shut up Gucci Piggy" and was confused.

So have you heard something or was that just a guess?

3 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Reckon 5 from:

Forgot to include Disclosure in this, and Foals, too.