All Points East Festival 2019

19 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

That's a sound booking if not huugely exciting because of how much they get around. Hope they have a good mix of bands supporting them rather than just booking a day of DJs. Stick Hot Chip or Metronomy or summat on the second stage and you're golden.

This is a good point. Like it's gonna be a normal day for the most part and then the East Stage will probably have something that's removed from DJ's to finish off the night so if there's value in the undercard it will probs be alright. Not really got anything against the Chems - they've been kicking out good tunes their whole career - but never been that interested that I'd wanna see them live.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

This is a good point. Like it's gonna be a normal day for the most part and then the East Stage will probably have something that's removed from DJ's to finish off the night so if there's value in the undercard it will probs be alright. Not really got anything against the Chems - they've been kicking out good tunes their whole career - but never been that interested that I'd wanna see them live.

Yeah I mean I bought a ticket for a day headlined by the stinking xx (and went home half way through their set) last year so a headline booking that's just alright for this is very far from a deal breaker.

Headliner Predictions:

Chems

Bon Iver

Nine Inch Nails

Bring Me The Horizon

The Strokes

Foals

Disclaimer: I have absolutely no inside intel or even much common sense (bar Chems & BMTH) in coming up with these acts. Just for fun yo.

Is Sufjan Stevens a possibility at all? 

Edited by Johnkhutch

2 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Is that Chemical Brothers thing real? Doesn't sound like an APE headliner at all. Isn't APE supposed to a a similar direction as Primavera? Would be a major disappointment if true. But even if it's true, they surely won't be a headliner. More something for the WOD/Beck slot.

Bring Me The Horizon sounds even more ridiculous. There are 2341 festivals in the UK. APE would be the very last fest where I would put them.

Doesn't seem too out there to me, even if it is a little underwhelming. I also don't think Chems playing Primavera would be that surprising.

BMTH is weird but it'll most likely be one of the APE Presents days which are effectively just a band's own outdoor show. Catfish were a weird fit last year, too, but it doesn't really matter because by going to the other days you don't already have a ticket for that day.

31 minutes ago, fingers_mark said:

For £60/£65 a ticket, not sure Chemical Brothers would work as a headliner to fill a field - but stick Orbital and Underworld on as second stage headliner / main sub - then it would appeal to the average 30 yr old + raver, like LCD did this year.

They've headlined at least one bigger festival in London before and have been doing the same size gigs as last years headliners, so I don't think it'll be too much of a problem for them to at least match the sales figures. 

17 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Also definitely not as big as some of the acts that didn't headline last year. 

Don't open that one up again :P 

13 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Still think this bunch would be a bit underwhelming after the quality streak of Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds + The National + Björk + The XX + LCD Soundsystem (+ Yeah Yeah Yeahs/War On Drugs/Patti Smith/Beck/Lorde/...)

I mean, you have to try your best to NOT have seen the Chems doing a dj set somewhere.

There’s a world of difference between a Chem Bros DJ set and live set though. Having said that, they’ve played a lot recently so it’s not particularly exciting.

27 minutes ago, Dom Wall said:

Chems

Foals/Bombay Bicycle Club

BMTH

Bon Iver

Strokes

Florence and the Machine

Would absolutely love this, surely too strong/too many big names though.