All Points East Festival 2019

7 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

If they're at APE I imagine it'll be an APE Presents show like Catfish last year, but it still seems a very weird fit, especially compared to them doing their own show like QOTSA did last year, put on by the same people as R&L who they did a secret set for this year.

In fact, maybe an APE Presents show is what Neil was on about when joining up the dots, but I was including APE Presents shows in what I said about APE in my initial post.

i had info about APE, with no info about whether it was the festival or a headline show.

As ever i can't know if that info is correct, but I have reason to think there might be something to it so i added them as a rumour for APE.

41 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

you're a smart lad, surely you can join up the dots in that....? :blink: 

you clearly haven't heard how many times that smart lad failed uni

but yeah I don't think a BMTH gig is that much of a jump really, bit of an outlier like the Catfish one but it'll sell alright.

Yep it's what huntyyy and dental said. If the likes of The Strokes are acceptable for APE then Catfish isn't too far out, but even then it seems to me like they were just booked to fill out the final day seeing as for ages we only heard about 5 of the headliners, even from the initial rumours.

BMTH are miles from anyone who played last year, and they just did a secret set at a Live Nation fest which for all years but one (I think) has either resulted in playing R&L or another Live Nation event the following year (in QOTSA's case this year). If BMTH aren't headlining R&L it would be more in keeping with what's happened previously for them to be doing a Live Nation event in London rather than an AEG one where they don't even fit in.

17 minutes ago, James96 said:

loads of others too

The Vaccines, Haim, Two Door Cinema Club, Vampire Weekend, Run the Jewels, Solange, Kali Uchis, Jon Hopkins, Pharrell, Kurt Vile, Anna Calvi, Caribou, Tame Impala, The Horrors, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Idles, Years & Years, All We Are, Wolf Alice, The Maccabees, Florence + the Machine, Alabama Shakes, Sunflower Bean, MGMT, Fat White Family, The 1975, Kamasi Washington, Khruangbin, Shame, Arcade Fire, Big Thief, Teenage Fanclub, Alex Cameron, Japanese Breakfast, Primal Scream, TV on the Radio, The Black Keys, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Ariel Pink, David Byrne, Insecure Men, Death Cab for Cutie, Teleman, Bring Me the Horizon, Graham Coxon, Marika Hackman, Mattiel

Those are all the ones I think didn't play this year. Bolded the headline possibilities and there are too many, I guess. Does seem like the only ones they were following before were acts who played but I'm not convinced it has any ultimate bearing.

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The Vaccines, Haim, Two Door Cinema Club, Vampire Weekend, Run the Jewels, Solange, Kali Uchis, Jon Hopkins, Pharrell, Kurt Vile, Anna Calvi, Caribou, Tame Impala, The Horrors, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Idles, Years & Years, All We Are, Wolf Alice, The Maccabees, Florence + the Machine, Alabama Shakes, Sunflower Bean, MGMT, Fat White Family, The 1975, Kamasi Washington, Khruangbin, Shame, Arcade Fire, Big Thief, Teenage Fanclub, Alex Cameron, Japanese Breakfast, Primal Scream, TV on the Radio, The Black Keys, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Ariel Pink, David Byrne, Insecure Men, Death Cab for Cutie, Teleman, Bring Me the Horizon, Graham Coxon, Marika Hackman, Mattiel

Those are all the ones I think didn't play this year. Bolded the headline possibilities and there are too many, I guess. Does seem like the only ones they were following before were acts who played but I'm not convinced it has any ultimate bearing.

Yeah whilst I don't think it will really mean anything I did find it interesting that some of those artists are being followed. Especially ones like Tame Impala and Vampire Weekend where you couldn't argue that the reason they were being followed is because Goldenvoice/AEG are promoting a tour of theirs because they've been relatively inactive bar a couple of gigs.

1 minute ago, James96 said:

Yeah whilst I don't think it will really mean anything I did find it interesting that some of those artists are being followed. Especially ones like Tame Impala and Vampire Weekend where you couldn't argue that the reason they were being followed is because Goldenvoice/AEG are promoting a tour of theirs because they've been relatively inactive bar a couple of gigs.

BMTH one interested me the most, because they're unlike everyone else on that list and we've heard now that they were placed at APE by info despite being unlike every other headliner. Maccabees one tho, imagine if they got back together less than two years after the long drawn out farewell lmao.

29 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You can still grab tickets to see them at Brixton...

Can you actually? Presumably that’s seats? 

I think it’s too probably too early, but worth throwing out there as it’s not a world away from Catfish. 

Doing something like this is the next logoical step, though it would be better for them to wait until after the third album. 

23 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Can you actually? Presumably that’s seats? 

I think it’s too probably too early, but worth throwing out there as it’s not a world away from Catfish. 

Doing something like this is the next logoical step, though it would be better for them to wait until after the third album. 

Balcony so yeah its seats I suppose.

There's daylight between them and Catfish - look at the stuff they headline and look at Wolf Alice's festival record. I think they would need to wait for the third album to even be considered for it. If they were playing All Points East next year, it could only be as a sub. But I agree with Jass that they won't be around.

15 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Can we just get Sufjan Stevens to headline? With Beach House, Mitski and Alvvays on the undercard? Thanks.

Yeesss

Edited by dentalplan