All Points East Festival 2019

Yes please let's have a Portishead gig. Would love to see them. 

I do agree that Vampire Weekend and Disclosure are likely shouts, and since they fill vaguely similar niches to LCD and The xx respectively it'd make sense to have someone a little more 'avant garde' in the Bjork slot. Not sure who to suggest other than Portishead and Massive Attack. 

Edited by Mash011

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

Didn't he bin his last tour because nobody wants to pay to watch him chat absolute bollocks anymore? 

Yup

https://www.nme.com/news/music/morrissey-cancelled-upcoming-uk-european-shows-2347528

Turns out being a fan of UKIP and Tommy Robinson isn't going to help ticket sales.

I doubt he'd be a welcome or reliable headliner 

3 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Yes please let's have a Portishead gig. Would love to see them. 

I do agree that Vampire Weekend and Disclosure are likely shouts, and since they fill vaguely similar niches to LCD and The xx respectively it'd make sense to have someone a little more 'avant garde' in the Bjork slot. Not sure who to suggest other than Portishead and Massive Attack. 

Are Portishead big enough to be headlining this anyway? I love them but last time I saw them I don’t think they even sold out The Great Hall in Cardiff which is academy sized. Admittedly I think it was at fairly short notice

7 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Are Portishead big enough to be headlining this anyway? I love them but last time I saw them I don’t think they even sold out The Great Hall in Cardiff which is academy sized. Admittedly I think it was at fairly short notice

I dunno tbf, maybe as a one off. I'm just going with that because I'd like to see them really. 

NIN is a good shout for it. Won't get The 1975 tho, they'll do their arena tour then R&L or Glastonbury in the summer, no room for APE. 

15 minutes ago, Tuna said:

What about Tool? They're not billed as exclusives on the Download website (or the eFestivals page).

I think it's unlikely they'd be signed up to 2 different events from 2 different promoters. Not impossible, but it would be unusual.

More likely, i think, is that they'll crop up at one or more of the other Live Nation UK events. 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I think it's unlikely they'd be signed up to 2 different events from 2 different promoters. Not impossible, but it would be unusual.

More likely, i think, is that they'll crop up at one or more of the other Live Nation UK events. 

What other events do Live Nation have? Can't see Tool fitting in anywhere other than Download. In fact, headlining Other at Glasto is probably the next place I could see them after Download but even that seems massively unlikely.

Also are you avoiding these questions about BMTH at APE on purpose? ?

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

What other events do Live Nation have? Can't see Tool fitting in anywhere other than Download. In fact, headlining Other at Glasto is probably the next place I could see them after Download but even that seems massively unlikely.

Like you i'm struggling to think what, but that doesn't mean there isn't anything.

what questions?

15 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

what questions?

Was your info about a BMTH London show specifically about APE? Because you initially said their own show in London which made a lot of sense if it was something like QOTSA did at Finsbury this year after doing the secret set at R&L last year. But you've put them down on the rumours page for APE, which seems like an incredibly weird fit.

16 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Are they big enough to do one of the Festival Republic (owned by Live Nation) Finsbury Park gigs maybe? I'd be surprised if they weren't DL exclusive but could be an option based on Neil's logic?

Was your info about a BMTH London show specifically about APE? Because you initially said their own show in London which made a lot of sense if it was something like QOTSA did at Finsbury this year after doing the secret set at R&L last year. But you've put them down on the rumours page for APE, which seems like an incredibly weird fit.

you're a smart lad, surely you can join up the dots in that....? :blink: 

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Are they more likely to do an APE presents show like Catfish last year? it does seem like a weird fit compared to last year

1 minute ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Are they more likely to do an APE presents show like Catfish last year? it does seem like a weird fit compared to last year

If they're at APE I imagine it'll be an APE Presents show like Catfish last year, but it still seems a very weird fit, especially compared to them doing their own show like QOTSA did last year, put on by the same people as R&L who they did a secret set for this year.

In fact, maybe an APE Presents show is what Neil was on about when joining up the dots, but I was including APE Presents shows in what I said about APE in my initial post.