All Points East Festival 2019

Just now, chilirocker said:

LCD Soundsystem did Lovebox in 2016 followed by All Points East in 2017 both in Victoria Park, so it could potentially happen. 

Well that's a very good point.

edit: I was ruling Tame Impala out on this as well so maybe they could stop by.

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Shit yeah. I was thinking they wouldn’t do because of London shows in running years - not necessarily VP -  but then LCD doing consecutive years then changed things, and then you correcting that changed things back. I’ve no clue tbh.

I reckon Tame Impala are on the cards, think they'd go down well and fit the size of artist that APE would be going for. I wonder if Massive Attack would play this also, they did headline BST but this seems like a more appropriately sized show for them.

1 hour ago, James96 said:

I reckon Tame Impala are on the cards, think they'd go down well and fit the size of artist that APE would be going for. I wonder if Massive Attack would play this also, they did headline BST but this seems like a more appropriately sized show for them.

Prior to Catfish being announced, weren't Massive Attack and Portishead two of the main rumours for this year? Would be nice to have a more electronic focused day tbh 

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Prior to Catfish being announced, weren't Massive Attack and Portishead two of the main rumours for this year? Would be nice to have a more electronic focused day tbh 

Yeah they were, would love Portishead but I can't see it happening with Geoff Barrow busy with Beak>

Who we got on the cards as headliners, then, do we reckon?

The Strokes, Tame Impala, Foals, Vampire Weekend, Disclosure, Smashing Pumpkins, David Byrne if he's active next Summer, maybe Lana Del Rey, BMTH if Neil's info is specifically for APE.

Mumfords and Florence probably too big and more likely for IOW or summin.

Thom Yorke and MBV prolly too small.

What else we got? Random people like Massive Attack and Portishead who just tour whenever, I guess.

Can only add NIN. Maybe Black Keys if they come back ever, and on a similar note I still think Bombay Bicycle Club could headline the festival off of a reunion. AEG are soooo rich though, we could be really surprised at who they summon.

I'm thinking VW, Disclosure and pottos head for the fest, and Strokes, Pumpkins and Byrne for APE Presents. Was thinking earlier about switching Byrne and Foals but fook it.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Can only add NIN. Maybe Black Keys if they come back ever, and on a similar note I still think Bombay Bicycle Club could headline the festival off of a reunion. AEG are soooo rich though, we could be really surprised at who they summon.

I'm thinking VW, Disclosure and pottos head for the fest, and Strokes, Pumpkins and Byrne for APE Presents. Was thinking earlier about switching Byrne and Foals but fook it.

I was thinking exactly that minus Pottos Head. Would probably stick Foals in in place of them - I don't see em doing IOW like you're predicting, especially as I already have Mumfords and Flo down for that and they need at least one turgid old fucker headlining. Although I'm still thinking they could be the Truck act that RAI was on about. Other than them I was thinking Tame Impala but obviously they did Victoria Park last year like you said. Maybe with a new album they'd book em anyway.

Did @eFestivals ever reply to your post asking about his BMTH info? Cause obviously if he has heard about them doing APE I'd have to swap them in for someone - probably old Cliff Byrne.

33 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Did @eFestivals ever reply to your post asking about his BMTH info? Cause obviously if he has heard about them doing APE I'd have to swap them in for someone - probably old Cliff Byrne.

Nah. If they were hypothetically playing APE Presents then it won't be announced until they sell out their second Ally Pally. But I think we'll know by then one way or the other.

11 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I can’t see Portishead playing it next year, think Geof Barrow will just keep going with Beak.

As an aside he comes across as a right miserable bastard on twitter

Nah he's a top one.

11 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

New Order?

I kinda think they'll be next on Broadwick Live's radar. Doing all the Y Not's and Kendals and such. I think they might be a generation above All Points East.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Nah. If they were hypothetically playing APE Presents then it won't be announced until they sell out their second Ally Pally. But I think we'll know by then one way or the other.

Nah he's a top one.

I kinda think they'll be next on Broadwick Live's radar. Doing all the Y Not's and Kendals and such. I think they might be a generation above All Points East.

Possibly. But Nick Cave/Patti Smith are the same generation. 

Considering there's only been one festival so far, for all we know the next one could be even bigger. Apart from Catfish, all of the headliners have either headlined the Other stage or subbed the Pyramid. Maybe next time we'll be getting Pyramid headliners...

Anyway, I'm hoping to see Grimes, MBV, and Spiritualized there. Can see them headlining a stage tbh 

Edited by Gilgamesh69

4 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Possibly. But Nick Cave/Patti Smith are the same generation. 

That's true, but I think Nick Cave, at least, is a bit more trendy nowadays. And there's just something about it where I can't really imagine New Order having been at the top of any of the bills this year. Whereas the likes of KC and Victorious have drawn crowds where it's Hooky and/or Hacienda Classical playing New Order songs. Just my instinct really, it has been wrong many times recently.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That's true, but I think Nick Cave, at least, is a bit more trendy nowadays. And there's just something about it where I can't really imagine New Order having been at the top of any of the bills this year. Whereas the likes of KC and Victorious have drawn crowds where it's Hooky and/or Hacienda Classical playing New Order songs. Just my instinct really, it has been wrong many times recently.

I agree with "trendy" point I was actually thinking the same. 

I'm struggling to think of any headliners that would actually excite me. Bjork and LCD last year will be hard to beat. Maybe we could Aphex to come back to Victoria Park?!

VW would be a great booking and pretty likely imo. 

19 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I agree with "trendy" point I was actually thinking the same. 

I'm struggling to think of any headliners that would actually excite me. Bjork and LCD last year will be hard to beat. Maybe we could Aphex to come back to Victoria Park?!

VW would be a great booking and pretty likely imo. 

I was considering including Aphex in my list of possibles seeing as he's meant to be active next Summer but I dunno if he'd be big enough.