All Points East Festival 2019

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

Thoughts on Foals doing this or maybe Community if they release another album maybe Autumn 2019 or earlier

Feel like they might fit quite well here, can't see them doing Community because they're probably a bit too big, and not sure they'd draw the GCSE kids in as many numbers.

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Although now Lawn is going to protest this meaning and calll it the football one anyway.

Right you are, Dental. I mean all sport is for w*nkers, but fucking horse races is just tories and other assorted shit for brains types cheering on animal abuse. What kind of dipshit backwards brexit-voting society lets this continue in the 21st century? Obviously this one. God I can't wait for the fucking apocalypse.

1 hour ago, Odessa said:

How many people can afford to go to all 5 of these APE days anyway? If they wanna stick BMTH on one weekend, and, like, The Strokes and David Byrne headlining nights on the other one, that'll do very nicely.

There are 6 days yo. I would assume if those were all booked they'd all land on the second weekend but I dunno.

54 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Sigur Ros is the one I'm hoping for. Though no idea if they'll be about, nor if they quite big enough to get a headline gig actually. 

If their Citadel show is a precursor then no, they probably aren't anymore. I guess that recent happenings could well affect future plans anyway

Coming close to a year since the first announcement. Kinda surprised we haven't really heard much about this (apart from The Strokes, maybe BMTH I guess) given that it's the sorta festival that trendy industry types would be gabbing about as soon as they knew owt. Hopefully not long off hearing something or other.

11 hours ago, dentalplan said:

There are 6 days yo. I would assume if those were all booked they'd all land on the second weekend but I dunno.

Oh yeah haha, I automatically discounted the Catfish day in my head I think even though I was talking about shit days there being ok.

And yeah I guess they'd have to be APE Presents gigs those two. Definitely The Strokes anyway. 

Can't remember when the first acts were announced for this last year (I don't think it was far off) but I reckon we're getting an announcement soon. Not sure how long the website has been like this but it's just the dates of the next years festival with nothing else, everything redirects you to it which makes me feel like something is around the corner, could be chatting complete shit though.

https://www.allpointseastfestival.com/

Edit: just checked and it was October 23rd last year

Edited by James96

2 hours ago, James96 said:

Can't remember when the first acts were announced for this last year (I don't think it was far off) but I reckon we're getting an announcement soon. Not sure how long the website has been like this but it's just the dates of the next years festival with nothing else, everything redirects you to it which makes me feel like something is around the corner, could be chatting complete shit though.

https://www.allpointseastfestival.com/

Edit: just checked and it was October 23rd last year

Yep it's changed since my last post, as I was on there trying to find out about last year's announcement. This week then, surely!

Edited by dentalplan

I wonder how many potential acts for this there are who would actually sell their day out. Think it was just Nick Cave last year? But I could be wrong. 

The Strokes I'd be paying full price for in a heartbeat (or eyeing up a Euro festival if they were announced for any of them), as I would expect them to sell it out. Struggling to think of many other acts where it wouldn't be worth holding out for cheap spares though after the prices tickets plunged to this year.

54 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I wonder how many potential acts for this there are who would actually sell their day out. Think it was just Nick Cave last year? But I could be wrong. 

The Strokes I'd be paying full price for in a heartbeat (or eyeing up a Euro festival if they were announced for any of them), as I would expect them to sell it out. Struggling to think of many other acts where it wouldn't be worth holding out for cheap spares though after the prices tickets plunged to this year.

The line between being too big for this festival and not being a big enough name to sell it out is probably pretty fine, because of the sort of acts it (currently) books and the audience it caters for. I think strong undercards are probably gonna be more effective wrt sales than your average headline gig in a park.

To actually answer your question, I'm sure Arcade Fire would if they were still touring, and so would Florence + the Machine if they're not too big. The Strokes (as you say), Foals and The Smashing Pumpkins probably would over enough time and I think Nine Inch Nails might if it's their only major UK show of the year. Strong/appropriate support would help them along considerably.

edit: tho I've got a horrible feeling about the likes of Mumford & Sons and Bring Me the Horizon being booked so outside of the types of acts we'd hope would be booked I guess there's all sorts.

Edited by dentalplan

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The line between being too big for this festival and not being a big enough name to sell it out is probably pretty fine, because of the sort of acts it (currently) books and the audience it caters for. I think strong undercards are probably gonna be more effective wrt sales than your average headline gig in a park.

To actually answer your question, I'm sure Arcade Fire would if they were still touring, and so would Florence + the Machine if they're not too big. The Strokes (as you say), Foals and The Smashing Pumpkins probably would over enough time and I think Nine Inch Nails might if it's their only major UK show of the year. Strong/appropriate support would help them along considerably.

edit: tho I've got a horrible feeling about the likes of Mumford & Sons and Bring Me the Horizon being booked so outside of the types of acts we'd hope would be booked I guess there's all sorts.

Mumfords could still do Hyde Park, i’d have thought? 

Though I suppose they don’t really fit the way that’s going so probably just makes sense to do their own GOTR thing, probably at the Olympic Park. 

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

Mumfords could still do Hyde Park, i’d have thought? 

Though I suppose they don’t really fit the way that’s going so probably just makes sense to do their own GOTR thing, probably at the Olympic Park. 

Yeah that's true. I was just saying the other day they could probably do stadiums - and they're obviously doing Glastonbury - so I dunno why I said them.

6 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

If Mumford wanna do their Gentlemen of the Road thing they may have to play slightly smaller festivals in order to be allowed that kinda control/influence. I've got em pegged for IOW but a GOTR show as an APE Presents gig wouldn't shock me tbh.

GOTR is rarely festivals though. The Latitude thing just seemed like a compromise for doing a smaller festival than they normally would. 

Doing it in London would be a bit strange when they can go down the road and put it on themselves.