All Points East Festival 2019

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Mate's mate who's in a band was told by their booking agent that The Strokes are headlining this next year. Never met the bloke so no idea what to make of it. Would imagine it'd be an APE Presents day if true.

Been struggling to think of a big indie headliner for Primavera so this would fit well. Would have thought R&L would be all over them if they're touring but I guess it's the opposite end of the summer.

12 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Mate's mate who's in a band was told by their booking agent that The Strokes are headlining this next year. Never met the bloke so no idea what to make of it. Would imagine it'd be an APE Presents day if true.

Did he find out if The Cribs are headlining the Rock Stage?

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Did he find out if The Cribs are headlining the Rock Stage?

Haha I was thinking about this when I posted it, knew you'd reply referring to it :P But yeah, this is what one of my mates told me when we were at Mad Cool talking about APE (one of my other mates went this year). Mate who went replied saying he couldn't really see The Strokes playing it and first matey was like "*shrug* that's what their booking agent said".

41 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Haha I was thinking about this when I posted it, knew you'd reply referring to it :P But yeah, this is what one of my mates told me when we were at Mad Cool talking about APE (one of my other mates went this year). Mate who went replied saying he couldn't really see The Strokes playing it and first matey was like "*shrug* that's what their booking agent said".

Yeah tbf even if you are lying, it's the perfect festival for them to headine, and probably the best choice of headliner that APE can get. If they are touring then I'd 100% expect them to do it. And I suppose they only need a bit of money waved at them to get them to tour.

29 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah tbf even if you are lying, it's the perfect festival for them to headine, and probably the best choice of headliner that APE can get. If they are touring then I'd 100% expect them to do it. And I suppose they only need a bit of money waved at them to get them to tour.

Tbh I thought it seemed a bit off at first and thought they'd be more likely for IOW or R&L, but I guess I have no idea how much money any of them have.

12 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Tbh I thought it seemed a bit off at first and thought they'd be more likely for IOW or R&L, but I guess I have no idea how much money any of them have.

Just before APE was announced I met someone who works for Green Man and she was telling me that the money being thrown at APE was insane and it caused them a few problems booking acts and stuff so I would assume that there is plenty of money to get the Strokes in. Can we start realistically dreaming about a Strokes/Interpol double header now?

Mate I doodled the poster weeks ago!

Nah it completely makes sense that they’re going into this with a lot of money. They managed to kick Live Nation out of their home and I think AEG/Goldenvoice bought out Firefly Festival the other day so they’re clearly quite determined, perhaps aggressively.

I wonder if the comparatively pleasant punter experience will advantage them next year against the FR/Mama London events, or whether people on the street wouldn’t be aware of the difference behind the scenes.

14 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Was it the same guy who booked them for Dingwalls? 

• Upvote 5

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Arent Gorillaz a shoe in for this? Given how much they promoted the Now Now at it this year?

Edit: shoulda read page 2

It's shoo in.

And maybe if they're still touring. They're gonna wanna have knocked it off by then though because they're running the whole thing into the ground with the continuous releases and stuff.

edit: just realised we're under five weeks away from a potential announcement, if it follows suit from last year. Exciting.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

@eFestivals have you genuinely heard All Points East for Bring Me the Horizon, or just that it's an outdoor London show?

Would be a little bit of a shock (as Catfish and the Bottlemen were) and would be disappointed at them taking up a day.

Huh where has this come from? Surely it's a QOTSA-style outdoor show put on by Live Nation rather than this?

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Huh where has this come from? Surely it's a QOTSA-style outdoor show put on by Live Nation rather than this?

eFests listings, they're (SR). I'd agree that it makes the most sense for them to do a show with LN/FR if they did a R+L secret set and have an upcoming Live Nation-promoted tour. But that's obviously not watertight and if Neil's heard it's this then maybe it is.

44 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

eFests listings, they're (SR). I'd agree that it makes the most sense for them to do a show with LN/FR if they did a R+L secret set and have an upcoming Live Nation-promoted tour. But that's obviously not watertight and if Neil's heard it's this then maybe it is.

Maybe there's a rule they have to have one horrendous headliner every year.

On 9/20/2018 at 11:53 PM, Gucci Piggy said:

Been a strange amount of people saying "shoe in" on here this past week or so.

Even made a post saying "shoo-in" in the last day or so hoping it'd bring about some change. But no, it seems it was done in vain.

Is it not a football thing? I don't know much about the footballs, but I'm pretty sure it's a game where you use your shoe to put a ball in a goal. No?

25 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Is it not a football thing? I don't know much about the footballs, but I'm pretty sure it's a game where you use your shoe to put a ball in a goal. No?

No the real meaning is much more fun.

e: if anyone cba looking it up it’s in horse racing; a horse being so far ahead that it could stop and loiter around before being shooed onwards and past the line.

Although now Lawn is going to protest this meaning and calll it the football one anyway.

Edited by dentalplan