All Points East Festival 2019

Went to The National day and was really impressed by the whole thing. Will definitely be interested in going again next year if the lineup is as strong as it was this year.

Who do we reckon will play next year? Difficult to say how Glastonbury will affect it - may be shortened to just one weekend. Assuming it's be the same setup, I'd go for Disclosure, New Order and Lana Del Rey playing the first weekend, with The Smashing Pumpkins, Vampire Weekend and Portishead playing the second weekend.

Also reckon some of these may make an appearance lower down on the bill - Jorja Smith, Lauryn Hill, Christine & the Queens, Sufjan Stevens, Alabama Shakes, Lily Allen, Grimes, Charli xcx, Mura Masa, FKA Twigs, Jungle, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Fat White Family, Drenge, Jamie T, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Janelle Monáe, Frank Turner, Leon Bridges, Parquet Courts and Ben Howard.

The note on my phone that I've been tinkering with reads:

Friday
ES: Vampire Weekend > Bloc Party > Metronomy > Santigold
NS: Hot Chip > Bat For Lashes

Saturday
ES: Frank Ocean > London Grammar > Caribou > Oh Wonder
NS: Chvrches > MO
WA: Jon Hopkins

Sunday
ES: Portishead > James Blake > FKA twigs > Jack Garratt
NS: Grimes > The Horrors > AlunaGeorge
WA: Jungle

and I'm sure I had the APE Presents idea on there but can't find them. Think it had Black Keys with Alabama Shakes, Smashing Pumpkins with My Bloody Valentine and The Strokes with Interpol (edit : this last one is mostly a pipe dream though - I'm not convinced Strokes will be touring again).

Edited by dentalplan

I had drawn up a proper prediction actually, so here's that (and I stole a couple of ideas from Dental).

Weekend 1
Friday
ES: Lana Del Rey, Christine & the Queens, Leon Bridges
NS: FKA Twigs
WA: Bonobo

Saturday
ES: Disclosure, James Blake, Metronomy
NS: Jorja Smith, Charli xcx

Sunday
ES: New Order, Lauryn Hill, Caribou
NS: Grimes

Weekend 2
Friday
ES: Portishead, Sufjan Stevens, Unknown Mortal Orchestra
NS: Hot Chip

Saturday
ES: Smashing Pumpkins, Alabama Shakes, Fat White Family, Parquet Courts
NS: King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Drenge

Sunday
ES: Vampire Weekend, Jamie T, Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls
NS: Ben Howard

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

52 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I had drawn up a proper prediction actually, so here's that (and I stole a couple of ideas from Dental).

Weekend 1
Friday
ES: Lana Del Rey, Christine & the Queens, Leon Bridges
NS: FKA Twigs
WA: Bonobo

Saturday
ES: Disclosure, James Blake, Metronomy
NS: Jorja Smith, Charli xcx

Sunday
ES: New Order, Lauryn Hill, Caribou
NS: Grimes

Weekend 2
Friday
ES: Portishead, Sufjan Stevens, Unknown Mortal Orchestra
NS: Hot Chip

Saturday
ES: Smashing Pumpkins, Alabama Shakes, Fat White Family, Parquet Courts
NS: King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Drenge

Sunday
ES: Vampire Weekend, Jamie T, Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls
NS: Ben Howard

Hmm I like the APE Presents headliners but VW's day is awful and TSP day is a bit of an identity crisis.

The festival would be a drop off from this year, for sure. Can't see New Order headlining the festival as they're way too much a dad band, and thankfully I think Disclosure will be playing their own festival so All Points East probably won't go for them.

1 hour ago, John L said:

Arcade Fire a shoo-in for one of the presents shows I reckon. 

Currently nothing announced beyond September so it seems a bit unlikely the Everything Now era will still be dragging on by next May. Could possibly do it out of cycle, of course, but are they really a band to do that?

Could see Alt-J popping up if they put out something commercial between now and then. Maybe Hozier for one of the APE Presents nights if anyone cares about his impending comeback. Please no on both counts, mind you.

If Janelle Monae gets her arse in gear and starts promoting this record properly I could see her potentially doing it, if they wanted to take it in a slightly different direction so as to differentiate slightly from Glastonbury.

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Currently nothing announced beyond September so it seems a bit unlikely the Everything Now era will still be dragging on by next May. Could possibly do it out of cycle, of course, but are they really a band to do that?

Could see Alt-J popping up if they put out something commercial between now and then. Maybe Hozier for one of the APE Presents nights if anyone cares about his impending comeback. Please no on both counts, mind you.

If Janelle Monae gets her arse in gear and starts promoting this record properly I could see her potentially doing it, if they wanted to take it in a slightly different direction so as to differentiate slightly from Glastonbury.

Probably a good fit for Lovebox is J Monáe. But yeah she’s cool to play here instead.

Can’t see Hozier playing. Doesn’t really suit the 20’s/30’s indie fan clientele. More likely to show up at Hyde Park supporting some duffer.

Weekend 1
Friday
ES: Frank Ocean, James Blake, M83, Iamddb
NS: Hot Chip, Of Montreal, Amber Mark
WA: Four Tet

Saturday
ES: Vampire Weekend, Ben Howard, Caribou, Bat For Lashes
NS: Sufjan Stevens, Daughter, Teleman

Sunday
ES: Portishead, FKA twigs, Metronomy, Kamasi Washington
NS: Chvrches, Loyle Carner, serpentwithfeet

Weekend 2
Friday
ES: Nine Inch Nails, My Bloody Valentine, The Horrors, Iceage
NS: King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Sleaford Mods, Deafheaven

Saturday
ES: The Black Keys, Editors, Kurt Vile & the Violators, Whitney
NS: Alabama Shakes, Parquet Courts, Drenge

Sunday
ES: Smashing Pumpkins, Interpol, The Distillers, The Lemon Twigs
NS: Death Cab for Cutie, Idles, Mitski

Edited by kingcrawler

The Strokes supported by Interpol jeeeez. I'm more than happy to go down there for my NY fix two years running.

These are some nice looking lineups on the whole but I don't care for most of the headliners so wouldn't go. Maybe that's something for them to think about, cos there is a lot of impetus on the headliner atm. I'm not putting myself through Frank Ocean live ever again.

On 6/5/2018 at 10:20 PM, kingcrawler said:

Weekend 1
Friday
ES: Frank Ocean, James Blake, M83, Iamddb
NS: Hot Chip, Of Montreal, Amber Mark
WA: Four Tet

Saturday
ES: Vampire Weekend, Ben Howard, Caribou, Bat For Lashes
NS: Sufjan Stevens, Daughter, Teleman

Sunday
ES: Portishead, FKA twigs, Metronomy, Kamasi Washington
NS: Chvrches, Loyle Carner, serpentwithfeet

Weekend 2
Friday
ES: Nine Inch Nails, My Bloody Valentine, The Horrors, Iceage
NS: King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Sleaford Mods, Deafheaven

Saturday
ES: The Black Keys, Editors, Kurt Vile & the Violators, Whitney
NS: Alabama Shakes, Parquet Courts, Drenge

Sunday
ES: Smashing Pumpkins, Interpol, The Distillers, The Lemon Twigs
NS: Death Cab for Cutie, Idles, Mitski

Given that this year's line-up, Catfish aside, was nigh-on stupidly impressive, this is a f***ing outrageous collection. Weekend 2 for NIN and SP would be my first picks there but if finance allowed, I'd be off to all six.

You know what, I'm not going to even bother with predictions. This is pretty much the dream.. I tip my hat, sire.

On 6/12/2018 at 1:32 PM, DownboundTrain52 said:

Given that this year's line-up, Catfish aside, was nigh-on stupidly impressive, this is a f***ing outrageous collection. Weekend 2 for NIN and SP would be my first picks there but if finance allowed, I'd be off to all six.

You know what, I'm not going to even bother with predictions. This is pretty much the dream.. I tip my hat, sire.

Do we not think there will be a catfish type day / community day next year though as while its completely different to the rest of the festival it seemed to sell quite well.