Runnerups

Primavera Sound 2019

Not sure if this has came up already; whats the deal with the gigs at 'Primavera a la Ciutat'? (In particular the Wednesday). I have been to the festival for the last few years but never had the time to attend the events before/after the main days. Ideally I would like to see Big Red Machine and Hatchie.

Is there limited access to whatever venue these gigs are held in? Or can you just turn up whenever and expect to get in? Also where is it? If anyone could advise it would be appreciated. 

16 hours ago, MatheauWillis said:

Not sure if this has came up already; whats the deal with the gigs at 'Primavera a la Ciutat'? (In particular the Wednesday). I have been to the festival for the last few years but never had the time to attend the events before/after the main days. Ideally I would like to see Big Red Machine and Hatchie.

Is there limited access to whatever venue these gigs are held in? Or can you just turn up whenever and expect to get in? Also where is it? If anyone could advise it would be appreciated. 

The concerts usually is on the Primavera scene (yupp, inside the festival area) on Wednesday, and it has never been a problem to get in for me. Last year they also had concerts inside Auditori (Stereolab played there) with more limited space. There is also concerts at Apollo at the night, which is also more limited.

If we trust this quote: "The inaugural day on Wednesday in the Parc del Fòrum will be completely free with concerts by Big Red Machine, the post-millennial genius Cuco, dream pop by Hatchie and the local Melenas and Mow." I think both BRM and Hatchie will play at the Primavera scene, so you should have no problem to get in. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

The concerts usually is on the Primavera scene (yupp, inside the festival area) on Wednesday, and it has never been a problem to get in for me. Last year they also had concerts inside Auditori (Stereolab played there) with more limited space. There is also concerts at Apollo at the night, which is also more limited.

If we trust this quote: "The inaugural day on Wednesday in the Parc del Fòrum will be completely free with concerts by Big Red Machine, the post-millennial genius Cuco, dream pop by Hatchie and the local Melenas and Mow." I think both BRM and Hatchie will play at the Primavera scene, so you should have no problem to get in. 

Ah, excellent! Thanks for letting me know.

Superb new album from Solange.

Someone mentioned Primavera's booking policy of booking acts who have either released a highly rated album since the last festival, or ones who have one coming in time for this year's festival.

With each passing week and each new release I feel like the lineup goes from strength-to-strength. I've seen both James Blake and Solange before but now I'm excited to see what their new shows will be like when they're incorporating the new stuff.

Lizzo/Pond/Tame Impala albums should be on the way soon too.

As someone who will see a band they like on each touring cycle it's an excellent booking policy from my point of view. Everything fees very fresh.

Edited by ConorC
  • Upvote 1

Hi all 😊
I’m currently writing my dissertation about Social Media Marketing tools at Music Festivals and part of it is collecting data. I’ve created a survey and I’d appreciate it if you could take approx. 10 minutes and fill it out.

If you wanna take part you have to be between 20 and 30 years old and have attended a music festival!

Thank you 

https://qmu.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/does-influencer-marketing-work-for-music-festivals?fbclid=IwAR29nsiHqaTmX0gLwjt5OgDmoaO-w2faTlQ_8pxWcaqckwt_lqaa2mb3g5E

Love the new Solange album, going to be very interesting to see how the live show has evolved - she is certainly putting everything into the presentation of this album so I think this could be a special show

On 3/1/2019 at 1:16 PM, clasher said:

Worst live act I've ever seen. 

when i saw him i was literally going crazy (in the negative meaning) fortunately he sung only for 1 hour because i couldn't stand his expressions anymore, he was literally exageratting doing depressive stuff with his face like he was at a funeral

Edited by Ale

2 minutes ago, Ale said:

when i saw him i was literally going crazy (in the negative meaning) fortunately he sung only for 1 hour because i couldn't stand his expressions anymore, he was literally exageratting doing depressive stuff with his face like he was at a funeral

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/jul/03/james-blake-speaks-out-about-struggle-with-depression

Maybe he was not completely acting 

On 3/4/2019 at 9:35 PM, alan_ts said:

i think that unfortunately it's not the only artist that i saw dealing with depression, i m a fan or more depressing music than james but i really enjoy them live, for example radiohead obv are a band with happy lyrics but yorke is capable of manage the stage and the audience, for me james isn't

• Upvote 1

On 3/8/2019 at 3:18 PM, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Also, I'm attending Primavera for the first time as well, and cannot wait! Just hope that the crowd isn't as chatty as some posts from the archives here are leading me to believe.

They’re chatty, but still not as bad as American crowds,

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Orens said:

Free bar???????????

Went up to the entrance of the shows and someone gave me three tokens on the first day. Was able to see Local Natives, Pond and Algiers with maybe 50 other people  at each show (with another 100 at the bar which was serving free drinks all night).

Had to pinch myself was real.

• Like 1

I was at Primavera last year and I go to Coachella every year. Primavera crowds were every bit as chatty, at times it seemed worse (Belle & Sebastian sticks out) but idk

Edited by Friend Chicken

On 3/8/2019 at 11:18 PM, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Also, I'm attending Primavera for the first time as well, and cannot wait! Just hope that the crowd isn't as chatty as some posts from the archives here are leading me to believe.

They are only chatty at the two main stages, but that is really every main stage at every festival in the world. So if really want to see something there, you should be there early to get a great spot.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

They are only chatty at the two main stages, but that is really every main stage at every festival in the world. So if really want to see something there, you should be there early to get a great spot.

Spot on! Also sometimes chatty near the front. There's a special place in hell reserved for these people.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Odd that we don't have the breakdown of Primavera a la Ciutat/Als Club yet. Still don't know who's playing the free gigs on Sunday...

It's coming round again. Within two months we should have timetables!