Runnerups

Primavera Sound 2019

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

Chai's new singles are ridiculously fun. That is all.

Their debut Pink is a great album, can't wait for this band live!

• Upvote 1

Better Oblivion Community Center have posted dates in May for Europe, running up to early May in the UK with no Spain annoucement as yet.  Here's hoping for that Hidden Stage slot!

4 hours ago, livenstu said:

Better Oblivion Community Center have posted dates in May for Europe, running up to early May in the UK with no Spain annoucement as yet.  Here's hoping for that Hidden Stage slot!

I'd have thought their European tour ending on 12 May is not a great sign. Too long to hang around?

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

I'd have thought their European tour ending on 12 May is not a great sign. Too long to hang around?

Well, there are plenty of countries missing so it could be extended.  I bet Primavera are trying to bag them either way, a perfect fit.

There’s been very little news so far. One thing that has come out - Built to Spill are playing Keep It Like A Secret in full for their set.

Like the sound of Better Oblivion Community Centre. Would reaaally like to see Hop Along on the hidden stage too. They start their European tour on 31st May and are playing Primavera NOS so would make a lot of sense - also no Spanish dates in there... Happy to see me and the knock are two faves from them

On 1/30/2019 at 1:16 PM, xxialac said:

There’s been very little news so far. One thing that has come out - Built to Spill are playing Keep It Like A Secret in full for their set.

The Built To Spill ´news´ is a bit funny though, as their spring tour for months has been billed as the ´Keep It Like A Secret´ tour. E.g. for their mid may Oslo show this has been a known fact since late September. It is as if Primavera suddenly realised what they have booked...

24 minutes ago, puckno said:

The Built To Spill ´news´ is a bit funny though, as their spring tour for months has been billed as the ´Keep It Like A Secret´ tour. E.g. for their mid may Oslo show this has been a known fact since late September. It is as if Primavera suddenly realised what they have booked...

Agree. Also would have given them the chance to put it on the poster for years there was a tradition of having an album played in full.

THU
Bridget St John
Dirty Projectors
Jon Hassell
Apparat

FRI
Cybotron
María José Llergo
Midori Takada
Sons of Kemet

SAT
Daymé Arocena
Suzanne Ciani
Mystery of Bulgarian Voices w/ Lisa Gerrard
Tim Hecker w/ Konoyo

Hassell moved to Thursday. Auditori guesses above to reflect this.

17 hours ago, xxialac said:

THU
Bridget St John
Dirty Projectors
Jon Hassell
Apparat

FRI
Cybotron
María José Llergo
Midori Takada
Sons of Kemet

SAT
Daymé Arocena
Suzanne Ciani
Mystery of Bulgarian Voices w/ Lisa Gerrard
Tim Hecker w/ Konoyo

Hassell moved to Thursday. Auditori guesses above to reflect this.

Dirty Projectors?

Are they not more of a Primavera or Pitchfork band?

Confused about the idea that MIdori Takada isn't big enough for that stage. She seems to me to be totally in keeping with previous triumphant Auditori acts like Lubomyr Melnyk. Do people think the New Normal is going to reduce the audience for those acts?

3 minutes ago, Declan said:

Dirty Projectors?

Are they not more of a Primavera or Pitchfork band?

Confused about the idea that MIdori Takada isn't big enough for that stage. She seems to me to be totally in keeping with previous triumphant Auditori acts like Lubomyr Melnyk. Do people think the New Normal is going to reduce the audience for those acts?

Yes, I think Midori will do just fine there. Dirty Projectors have been confirmed for an auditori show in the initial notes as well as an outdoor show

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JC-NYC said:

Hey Everyone, are much deliberation going to take a year off Primavera. What’s the best place to sell a VIP ticket on the cheap? Cheers!

Ticketswap seems to be where most of them end up.

• Upvote 1

Anna Calvi, who is getting rave reviews for her shows, is playing APE the weekend before Primavera and no Spanish dates on her tour. Can only hope...

The Beths are playing the closing party on Sunday night. A disappointment for me as I'll miss them and leaves the afternoon looking a bit thin.

I have been wondering about this since the poster was announced. Is this already set? Where can I find which Sunday bands play in El Raval and which at Apollo? Thanks.

1 hour ago, pipan said:

I have been wondering about this since the poster was announced. Is this already set? Where can I find which Sunday bands play in El Raval and which at Apollo? Thanks.

Not out yet, which is surprising, but in the notes they did mention that Filthy Friends would play El Raval and this week DJ Coco said Beths at Apollo.

Cruilla Festival lineup (also being held at the Forum).

If I were Kylie Minogue, I would want to have Years & Years / Garbage in such close proximity to my name...

lineup 

Not sure if he has been mentioned elsewhere but really recommend Hieroglyphic Being to any dance or jazz fans, especially the album The Red Notes

• Upvote 2