Runnerups

Primavera Sound 2019

3 hours ago, ConorC said:

How do I go about getting this from the seller? I’ve bought my ticket from there, can’t see anything about getting in touch with the seller.

yeah if its ordinary ticket then you are 99% good, if its vip they will check for id I also brought last year on ticketswap and then I have found seller on fbk and asked for those papers....I think it can be already pretty much safe to say that 2019 edition is going to be disaster nobody is buying tickets on ticketsawp even though they are  much cheaper then on primavera site, good thing is there will be no big queues...last year there were only one ticket left on ticketswap for VIP tickets by february 15th and on official channels VIP tickets were sold by the end of January, or something like that I know they were sold when I tried to buy them and prices compared to this today were a lot higher...woulnt be suprised that they end up giving tickets for free on various radioshows

Edited by n=Nowheretohide

1 hour ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

yeah if its ordinary ticket then you are 99% good, if its vip they will check for id I also brought last year on ticketswap and then I have found seller on fbk and asked for those papers....I think it can be already pretty much safe to say that 2019 edition is going to be disaster nobody is buying tickets on ticketsawp even though they are  much cheaper then on primavera site, good thing is there will be no big queues...last year there were only one ticket left on ticketswap for VIP tickets by february 15th and on official channels VIP tickets were sold by the end of January, or something like that I know they were sold when I tried to buy them and prices compared to this today were a lot higher...woulnt be suprised that they end up giving tickets for free on various radioshows

I guarantee that the 2019 edition won't be a disaster. Not selling out is not a disaster, as most years it doesn't sell out. It will be heaving all the same.

The festival is massively established, there are a sufficient number of acclaimed names, there are plenty of commercial names, there is a very strong undercard, the competition is not any better and it's in sunny Barcelona. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Martin_89 said:

Have (finally) started to go through the full lineup now, from A - Z. First hidden gem: Cariño. Lovely spanish indie rock!  

you've already missed Amyl and the sniffers...

20 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

you've already missed Amyl and the sniffers...

and The Beths. Indie gold. 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 6:01 PM, Annasss said:

Hi,

i was wondering if anyone has any experience of getting their Primavera ticket from Ticketswap? This will be my 4th visit however I have always got my tickets from the official websites. What do you do about the name on the ticket etc? Seems you can save a few pennies from using ticketswap that’s all so I was wondering if it’s worth it. Thanks

I asked the same to Info at Primavera and they replied: Forget about the authorization letter, it won't be necessary.

Unfortunately selling a ticket on TicketSwap is not possible, when you ordered the ticket + Wristband shipping.

Janelle Monae is the second headliner at Glasto. Judging by their 2 headliners, it will look like Primavera, but I still think that Primavera 2ill stay with the best lineup in the world for 2019.

1 hour ago, festivalguy97 said:

Janelle Monae is the second headliner at Glasto. Judging by their 2 headliners, it will look like Primavera, but I still think that Primavera 2ill stay with the best lineup in the world for 2019.

Janelle headlines the 3rd largest stage at Glasto, not main stage. 

19 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Janelle headlines the 3rd largest stage at Glasto, not main stage. 

I wasn´t talking about Piramyde stage headliner and she´s still a headliner, a smaller stage but headliner

1 hour ago, festivalguy97 said:

I wasn´t talking about Piramyde stage headliner and she´s still a headliner, a smaller stage but headliner

And what?, The Park and John Peel have headliners too etc, they are different stages. You can't just try and compare a nothing situation like that, she is headlining a stage that's equivalent to about 2nd down on the 2nd biggest stage and 3rd/4th down on the Pyramid.

I'm not the biggest fan but I guarantee Primavera will not have the best line-up in the world for 2019.

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

And what?, The Park and John Peel have headliners too etc, they are different stages. You can't just try and compare a nothing situation like that, she is headlining a stage that's equivalent to about 2nd down on the 2nd biggest stage and 3rd/4th down on the Pyramid.

I'm not the biggest fan but I guarantee Primavera will not have the best line-up in the world for 2019.

You can't *guarantee* it because taste is subjective.

That said, most people who care about indie and rock especially would agree that both Primavera and Glastonbury have stellar lineups, with exceptional depth year after year. Why can't we just leave it at that?

10 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

pretty disingenuous comment really, it's like saying Ty Segal and Mujeres were the Primavera headliners last year because they happened to be last on their respective stages.

Not been keeping up to date over the last month or so, forgive if it's already been posted but this is SO great.

Also shout out to whoever mentioned Harunemuri, really fucking with her album and can imagine she'll be super live.  

23 hours ago, MatheauWillis said:

Not been keeping up to date over the last month or so, forgive if it's already been posted but this is SO great.

Also shout out to whoever mentioned Harunemuri, really fucking with her album and can imagine she'll be super live.  

So u mean, u liked it (harunemuri)?)

• Upvote 1

This has definitely been asked before but the search tool isn't bringing up anything:

Can I have some advice on where to stay in the centre if possible?

At Mad Cool we found that the metro only stopped in certain places during the night which meant we had to fork out an extra €30 on taxis each night to get back to our AirBnb. That's something we want to avoid this time if we can.

So is there a metro (or buses) which run through the night and are they limited in their route?

The T4 tram runs all night long during the festival, so if you manage to get an airbnb close to one of its stop you're good; if you also want to be close to the centre the best spot is somewhere close to the "Glories" stop

Anyway the festival is in the city, so there's no reason to stay in the centre, if you can find an airbnb in the Poblenou zone you'll be 15-20 minutes by foot away from Parc del Forum, and it's as safe as the centre

If you really want to stay in the centre then I suggest you find an airbnb in Barrio Gotico and then walk to the T4 terminus ( 15 minutes by foot ) or take the L4 metro which is way closer ( Urquinaona stop ) but does not run all night long except on saturday and it's more crowded than the tram

• Upvote 2

I saw that Primavera are offering their own hostel near the venue but it looks really pricey for what you're getting.

yeah, we have both a hotel room, and an apartment booked closer to the site for less money. could be good for people who will be travelling solo or haven't booked anywhere yet though.

would have liked to have Men I Trust and Let's Eat Grandma from the Porto lineup. I know LEG played the hidden stage last year, but wasn't into them then.

On 1/16/2019 at 3:49 PM, ghostdancer1 said:

would have liked to have Men I Trust and Let's Eat Grandma from the Porto lineup. I know LEG played the hidden stage last year, but wasn't into them then.

And 2017 at the Apolo

• Downvote 1

Bizarre competition on Radio Primavera: ring up and tell Gabi why the line-up is shit (their word) and if you can persuade him you're right, you and a friend win a festival pass, which begs the question - if you think it's shit, why would you want a ticket?

(am taking the offer at face value, don't think it's wind up!)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

Bizarre competition on Radio Primavera: ring up and tell Gabi why the line-up is shit (their word) and if you can persuade him you're right, you and a friend win a festival pass, which begs the question - if you think it's shit, why would you want a ticket?

(am taking the offer at face value, don't think it's wind up!)

Get dialling n=Nowheretohide! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Wu-Tang Clan, Public Enemy, De La Soul are doing joint shows in Europe in May. Damn.

Real shame we didn't get any of them (or maybe this announcement frees them up to add one of them?)