Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

1 hour ago, Orens said:

London's All Points East on the Sunday, June 2nd:

Bon Iver, Mac DeMarco, First Aid Kit, John Grant, Tallest Man On Earth, Julien Baker, Snail Mail, KOKOKO!

As said, can't see either Bon Iver or Mac DeMarco playing again so soon. John Grant, Julien Baker and Snail Mail make tons of sense IMO.

Connan Mockasin and Mitski were also accidentally announced by Dice and Snail Mail. Hopefully both are at Primavera. 

Just now, sinivali said:

When do the ticket prices usually rise, before or straight after the announcement?

I think from memory it goes up to time with the announcement.

Can't remember what happens when the lineup drops unexpectedly. Someone will know.

I'd buy early - if your plans change you can always sell on...

39 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

bizarre that we still dont really have a clue who is headlining, apart from maybe New Order. What's everyone thinking, any ideas?

I am surprised nobody is mentioning ROBYN or CAT POWER. Not as headliners but as potential subs. Both artists have released great new albums and no european tour dates yet.

3 minutes ago, bananaa52 said:

i'm very curious. there are a lot of bands i imagine being in primavera this year, but none of them to the Headliner spots

Maybe,

smashing pumpkins

the good the bad and the queen

new order

vampire weekend or the cure - (from mad cool )

And from second row

primal scream

low

Spiritualized- i believe they will be there even though they were last year, just because they have a new album.

also what about Marianne Faithful? Im curious about her condition and if she ll give some shows.

22 minutes ago, bananaa52 said:

i'm very curious. there are a lot of bands i imagine being in primavera this year, but none of them to the Headliner spots

yeh mate likewise. 

12 minutes ago, cortomaltese said:

the good the bad and the queen

this would be very underwhelming. Also Primal Scream would definitely not be on the second row

Edited by rhg_99

yeh Tame Impala do seem very likely. There's normally 3-5 acts on the top line so TI, The Cure, New Order and Chance would make sense. Part of me wonders if Gabi is going to be less reluctant  to book US rappers/rnb artists after the fiascoes with Frank Ocean and Migos. 

If that was the set of headliners it'd be the worst for me in the three years I've gone.

Edited by rhg_99