Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

5 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Massive Attack have announced a tour doing Mezzanine in full with no Spanish dates, I wonder if they could be a contender for Primavera? Definitely won't be at Mad Cool anyway but here or BBK would make sense.

Liz Fraser on board too!  This would be awesome

7 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Massive Attack have announced a tour doing Mezzanine in full with no Spanish dates, I wonder if they could be a contender for Primavera? Definitely won't be at Mad Cool anyway but here or BBK would make sense.

I thought that but wondered if they'd maybe be ruled out because they haven't got new material or something?

In other news, Kiss have announced their farewell tour for next year, reckon they could headline or maybe play the legend's slot? #unexpected

3 hours ago, Lars Vader said:

Kiss would be great fun. They play in Vienna on 29.05 in Munich on 31.05 and in Essen on 02.06. So it might be possible but not very likely to put a Primavera show inbetween these days.

Maybe a gene simmons acoustic set in the auditorium might be more likely then

On 11/2/2018 at 4:50 PM, Lars Vader said:

Rammstein are playing in Barcelona on 01.06.2018 at CORNELLÁ DE LLOBREGAT: RCDE Stadium Conellá

Maybe they do something unexpected at Primavera afterwards?

The concert is organized by a competitor promoter (Doctor Music), during the festival, and Rammstein really isn't the festival's type anyway.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Those both have way more crossover appeal and critical acclaim than either Rammstein or KISS. Most fans of those two bands wouldn’t care about anything else on the lineup.

Since when does Slayer have more crossover appeal with indie or mainstream stuff? Rammstein came from a niche industrial scene AND has several big mainstream tracks. Their lyrics, themes and stage show is way more thought provoking than Slayer (nothing wrong with that)

3 minutes ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

number of hipsters on this forum is just too damn high...of course either kiss or rammstein could end up on Primavera...last year they had Carpenter Brut  and their performance was maybe one of the best on whole festival

Carpenter Brut's crossover appeal is higher, and PS won't allocate Rammstein or Kiss money on such a band. Just like Gabi said last year, he's fine with Tool on the bill but not as a headliner. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

number of hipsters on this forum is just too damn high...of course either kiss or rammstein could end up on Primavera...last year they had Carpenter Brut  and their performance was maybe one of the best on whole festival

If you really can't stand so-called "hipsters", then Primavera isn't your kind of festival. Just look at the lineup for the last five years. It would be super strange to see Kiss or Rammstein in one of those lineups.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

Maybe if they're gonna release some new music. If they don't have anything new, I don't think so.

do you reckon? I'd be very surprised if Gabi passed up the opportunity to book them, they've never played Primavera Sound have they? I know that mostly the headliners have new music at the time of playing but Sigur Ros didn't in 2016