Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

11 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

So the guys at another forum say that Rosalia is on the first lines of the lineup making her the biggest spanish name to be on the lineup and that almost all of the headliners are women.

Don´t know if I believe that but I´ve seen in Twitter that there are people that already seen the lineup.

which forum? exiliados?

Just now, Guy Incognito said:

Miss Elliot? Supposedly playing Field Day. Janelle Monáe, Erykah Badu and Portishead would alk be great 

Erykah Badu is also active now, she has concerts in February.

Once again Lauryn Hill is also on tour and could be an option but due to her missing and coming late to the concerts I don´t know if Gabi wants to book her. 

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Those ones plus Janelle Monáe and Lauryn Hill are all I can think of. Most of them seem slightly small but I can't think who else it could be.

Well if you think about these being like the top 10-12 names in bigger font then it makes quite a bit of sense. So Rosalia seems pretty huge in Spain and has star potential for elsewhere in the world; Solange, Robyn and Christine and the Queens are headlining festivals around Europe nowadays; Missy Elliott and Janelle Monae rumoured to be about; guess Cardi B has been a name thrown about enough. Maybe others like Sharon Van Etten.

Maybe fitting that I can barely think of blokes that are touring for slots like that. Interpol, The Cure and probably Thom Yorke I guess.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Well if you think about these being like the top 10-12 names in bigger font then it makes quite a bit of sense. So Rosalia seems pretty huge in Spain and has star potential for elsewhere in the world; Solange, Robyn and Christine and the Queens are headlining festivals around Europe nowadays; Missy Elliott and Janelle Monae rumoured to be about; guess Cardi B has been a name thrown about enough. Maybe others like Sharon Van Etten.

Maybe fitting that I can barely think of blokes that are touring for slots like that. Interpol, The Cure and probably Thom Yorke I guess.

Yeah I was tryna think of who's gonna be in the prime slots earlier and the best I could come up with was The Cure, Thom Yorke and Tame Impala (if they have a new album), plus J Balvin and Cardi B who were rumoured, plus a few of those acts I mentioned seem a little small as headliners. If they just mean the top 3 or 4 acts on each day then it's whatever, but if like 4 of the top 5 names altogether are from Cardi B, Janelle Monáe, Lauryn Hill, Christine and the Queens, Robyn, etc. it'd seem a little small. Reckon it'll be more like 2017 tho where there's a big bunch of acts in the same sized font with a lot of em being female.

4 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

Seems like the hype train is leaving the station a hour earlier!

Scandalous!

So maybe they'll do an hour of discussing various things before beginning the lineup announcement at 5?

After the last few years of games, I'm still unsure whether we'll be getting the full lineup or just a few names. Lots of media outlets saying the whole lineup is coming out but (as usual) Gabi and the Prima team are giving very few details. It feels good to be excited again! Maybe I'll be able to enjoy Christmas this year without checking this forum every ten minutes for updates.

Just now, Gnarler said:

Scandalous!

So maybe they'll do an hour of discussing various things before beginning the lineup announcement at 5?

After the last few years of games, I'm still unsure whether we'll be getting the full lineup or just a few names. Lots of media outlets saying the whole lineup is coming out but (as usual) Gabi and the Prima team are giving very few details. It feels good to be excited again! Maybe I'll be able to enjoy Christmas this year without checking this forum every ten minutes for updates.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's just gonna be an hour with teasing and "no information". 

They usually drop the full lineup, so I'm expecting this today.