Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

I've been lurking again, and thought I'd post as opposed to creeping around.

I don't think I'll be at Primavera this year after I think a 4 year consecutive run, but could always be persuaded! Moved very close to APE, so may go there, though after years of Field Day, I know how temperamental that space can be and don't think the line up as of yet is mind blowing.

Someone I would LOVE to see at Primavera are Chemical Brothers though... That live show in a Moderat kind of main stage slot as per a few years ago would be amazing. Little Dragon I think would also be a nice Rayban Saturday before Coco kind of act, or Hot Chip would be a curve-ball.

Hopefully Chance the Rapper will be the bigger Hip-hop act this year, though .Paak will also be great. Though, who expected Migo's last year (even though they didn't play)... Could be anyones bet. I think the translation between the Spanish audience, and the UK based taste varies in this field maybe, that was my reasoning behind Migos last year, as I genuinely think they were a really bad fit.

Another thing that would make me want to attend would be more metal/ punk, which again I thought lacked last year as opposed to previous years. Surely it's Deafheavens year to play, and I'd like to see Code Orange too. If BMTH are playing APE at some point like people think, there might be an interesting metal act that's put on that show that could appear too. Personally I'd like to see someone massive like Slayer again, but not sure that there is anyone that would fit.

1 hour ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Wake and listen have just updated ther post with deus as strong rumour

Interesting one. Seen them a few years ago, they're great live

I thought about them too but their tour map doesn't really fit with a stop at Primavera. They are playing in Athens on the Friday of the fest. So on Wednesday maybe? I dunno...

4 minutes ago, Bousval said:

I thought about them too but their tour map doesn't really fit with a stop at Primavera. They are playing in Athens on the Friday of the fest. So on Wednesday maybe? I dunno...

Well, they do have almost all week vacent before that, so maybe.. 

This site was quite reliable on previous yeara, so if it mentions it as strong rumor, it might happen

3 hours ago, rhg_99 said:

Smashing Pumpkins playing Download on June 16th. Probably more likely for Mad Cool but could turn up here. 

With them now supporting Tool in a few places I think Primavera is the third most likely Spanish fest after Mad Cool and Download Madrid (not that they couldn't play Primavera on top of one of these).

10 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

With them now supporting Tool in a few places I think Primavera is the third most likely Spanish fest after Mad Cool and Download Madrid (not that they couldn't play Primavera on top of one of these).

aye I agree, just struggling for ideas about who's playing to be honest! 

I like how you've been protecting yourself after shooting down predictions across various by claiming that bands could possibly be doing multiple festivals. Sensible man. 

Edited by rhg_99