Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

6 hours ago, xxialac said:

What do you mean?

After Liz Phair' set, all the performers schedules (in Website as well as Apps) in Pitchfork and Adidas stage is somehow different with the one in pdf format.

They also modify the timetable in Friday' Your Heineken Stage after Piroshka set.

7 hours ago, Bram said:

After Liz Phair' set, all the performers schedules (in Website as well as Apps) in Pitchfork and Adidas stage is somehow different with the one in pdf format.

They also modify the timetable in Friday' Your Heineken Stage after Piroshka set.

@Bram is right.

Adidas:
Chai was @ 21:50, now @ 22:15
Amyl & the Sniffers was @ 23:30, now @ 00:00
Lisabo was @ 01:20, now @ 01:45
Bliss Signal is now @ 03:25

Pitchfork:
Aldous Harding was @ 22.40, now @ 23:05
Yves Tumor was @ 00:30, now @ 00:55
Flohio is now @ 02:35
Igooghost is now @ 04:15

Your Heineken Stage:
El Matò a una Policìa was @ 23:30, now @ 21:50
107 Faunos was @ 21.50, now @ 00:00
Swervedriver was @01:20, now @ 01:50
Kokoshka is now @ 03:30 

Edited by Albinoss
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Albinoss said:

@Bram is right.
Amyl & the Sniffers was @ 23:30, now @ 00:00
Aldous Harding was @ 22.40, now @ 23:05

Was hoping to see Amyl between Aldous and Tame Impala (00:20), so a little bummed... Though I will make sure to catch Amyl at the Sunday Apolo gig.

On 5/24/2019 at 5:39 PM, Albinoss said:

(...) I always take the Nitbus or the Primavera Bus. They aren't free, this year the shuttle will be 2€/ticket.

EDIT: the mail from PS (Everything you need to know before coming to PS19) states as follows:

"To leave the Parc del Fòrum there will be a shuttle bus from the site to Plaza Catalunya. The schedule will be from 10pm to 1am on Wednesday 29th, from midnight to 6am on Thursday 30th May, and from 2am to 6am both on Friday 31st May and Saturday 1st June.
The service will be for free, thanks to SEAT. Once again, the tram service (line T4) will run non-stop from Thursday 30th May to Sunday 2nd June."

On the website ("How to return" section) it still says that the ticket will be 2€, I don't know if it does refer to the public transport

1 hour ago, Albinoss said:

On the website ("How to return" section) it still says that the ticket will be 2€, I don't know if it does refer to the public transportIjust

I think that part of the website has not been updated (refers to Thursday 31st May...) so I think you can assume the latest email is correct and the shuttle bus will be free and 2eur is last year's price.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, puckno said:

Anyone with suggestion for restaurants for us that stay close to festival site? Tapas etc. Doesn´t have to be in the very neighboorhood / walking distance, but somewhat closer than going into town... 

El 58, Mabel Granja & Can Dende are three of my favorite restaurants in Poblenou area. Reasonable distance to Festival site.

• Like 2

I think I've settled on this. 

Julian baker > the necks > half malkmus > big thief > Mac demarco > stiff little fingers > nas > Interpol > erykah badu 

Lucy dacus > snail mail > sons of kemet xl > beak> > fucked up > dirty projectors > last 45 mins Janelle monae > aldous harding > low > yves tumor > swervedriver > last half of jungle

Built to spill > shellac > drab majesty > nenah cherry > June of 44 > half of messthetics > half of stereolab > roisin Murphy. 

Has anyone seen details of the Primavera TV live streaming service this year? Can't make it unfortunately but would like to catch some sets over the weekend. 

Also, having seen Interpol this weekend you are in for a treat. They were amazing with barely audible sound levels at APE so hopefully a full volume set should be even better! 

2 hours ago, changingman said:

Has anyone seen details of the Primavera TV live streaming service this year? Can't make it unfortunately but would like to catch some sets over the weekend. 

from the last news item on the site:

There will be hours and hours of streaming. Thanks to Radio Primavera Sound, Primavera Sound will be seen and heard all around the world in two ways: an audio-visual broadcast in which it will be possible to see whole concerts, interviews with artists and other exclusive content; and in digital radio format that will explain from the Parc del Fòrum everything that is going on in real time with the protagonists. More details soon.

My friends and I are staying near the Plaça de Tetuan, according to Google maps we're about a 15 minute walk from the nearest tram stop and the same distance from where the shuttle bus drops off, just wondering if people had preferences between the tram or the shuttle? Is one quicker/more reliable?

Just went for a run around the festival site and Mordor looks nuts. That synthetic grass makes it look so much better. Hopefully it'll hold up with thousands of people running around. All stages built and ready to go so feeling so ready for this year.

Are many people heading to the Apolo shows tonight and tomorrow?

2 hours ago, Gnarler said:

Just went for a run around the festival site and Mordor looks nuts. That synthetic grass makes it look so much better. Hopefully it'll hold up with thousands of people running around. All stages built and ready to go so feeling so ready for this year.

Are many people heading to the Apolo shows tonight and tomorrow?

Itching to get to Barcelona now!  Not arriving until Wednesday so gutted to be missing Cate Le Bon tomorrow night, her new album is fantastic.

3 hours ago, loikju said:

My friends and I are staying near the Plaça de Tetuan, according to Google maps we're about a 15 minute walk from the nearest tram stop and the same distance from where the shuttle bus drops off, just wondering if people had preferences between the tram or the shuttle? Is one quicker/more reliable?

They are all reliable, but the Metro is the easiest to use to go around. To go back from the Forum to where you stay at night you should use the shuttle (that will be free of charge this year). If you are really near Tetuan you will find the Tetuan Metro station. To get to the Forum you can go to Passeig de Gracia station and take the L4 yellow (direction: La Pau) to go to the El Maresme/Forum station

mapa-metro-barcelona-2019-big.pdf

8 hours ago, xxialac said:

Weather forecast is looking pretty sexy.

Weather has been so strange here the past months with loads of rain most weekends but there was a definite change in climate yesterday. It's hot. Not as hot as previous years which is a good thing for me, but it's going to be a beautiful weekend.

Deerhunter last night was a great start to the week. Bradford was in good form making the crowd laugh like it was a standup routine for a while. Disappearing Ink, Coronado and a nice version of Nocturne as the last three songs before doing an encore with Agoraphobia and Monomania. Commencing the set with Cryptograms made me remember some of the old Deerhunter shows. 

• Upvote 1