Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

On 5/17/2019 at 2:48 PM, puckno said:

I think someone mentioned a long time ago there will finally be craft beers available this year. Any news on that?

In my dreams. 

Due to unsolvable production problems we have encountered in attempting to stage this live event on the island, sadly we have been faced with no option other than to cancel the Cave Sound Preservation Society party to be held in Ibiza (Cova Santa) on 4th June with Jarvis Cocker, Stereolab, Richard Norris DJ and Núria Graham.

In the case of tickets bought online, they will be refunded by the platform where they were bought within a maximum of 30 days into the credit card account used to pay for the tickets.

In the case of tickets bought from a physical sales point of the Ticketmaster network, the ticket holder must go to the sales point in question, hand in the ticket in perfect condition within a maximum of 30 days and the refund will be made using the same payment method.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. 

https://primaverasound.com/noticiaSingle?id=1686

12 hours ago, livenstu said:

Better still they just get rid of all VIP areas at the front of stages, you want to get down the front for a band, put the work in

If they had a shred of moral conviction they would get rid of the VIP option altogether. For a festival that has sold itself this year on Inclusiveness and treating everybody equally, they have no problem with exclusiveness once you have the means to pay. The New Normal is still the old normal.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

12 hours ago, livenstu said:

Better still they just get rid of all VIP areas at the front of stages, you want to get down the front for a band, put the work in

Last year before the Arctic Monkeys Gig, it was horror. As VIP holders we wanted to enter the VIP area in front of the main stage, but due to the queue who was blocking the people coming from the food area and ray ban stage,  the security guys just gave up and let enter simply everyone, without checking the wristband. As a result, this area was far too overcrowded with vip holders and non vip holders and the gig was simply not enjoyable anymore, catastrophic.

• Like 1

We’re back for our third year and this will be our first time VIP.  

Does anyone know if the VIP site areas will be open for the Wednesday show of Big Red Machine?

We were very unsure about VIP but having read numerous comments thought we’d give it a try- I still have no real clue as to how late I can leave it and still get into a VIP area, particularly for stuff like Interpol/ Tame Impala as it will have ramifications on when to leave a previous set somewhere else ( first World problems I know!).

it was interesting reading about Arctic Monkeys we weren’t too far back (public area) and it was packed.

Will VIP gain faster access to Heineken Hidden?

Also for the Ciutat gigs do they fill early in which case you rocking up at 3pm and saying I’m VIP makes no difference if it is already full?

Finally is it possible even now that there could be additional surprises like when Mogwai turned up?

Has anyone had good experiences with the free bus back to place Catalunya ? I can see us staying later this year but not keen on lots of queueing to get the bus.

I remember being really miserable after the line up was first announced but super excited now and I’m still discovering new stuff on the card!

Were staying central so thanks for all the beer/food recommendations too!

23 minutes ago, portobelloroad said:

Does anyone know if the VIP site areas will be open for the Wednesday show of Big Red Machine?

We were very unsure about VIP but having read numerous comments thought we’d give it a try- I still have no real clue as to how late I can leave it and still get into a VIP area, particularly for stuff like Interpol/ Tame Impala as it will have ramifications on when to leave a previous set somewhere else ( first World problems I know!).

A few answers:
* Usually no VIP access etc on Wednesday as this is a free day where tickets don't apply in general. 
* As for your question regarding VIP areas access on the two stages with a separate area in front (the Pull&Bear and SEAT stage):
** For the most popular acts my experience is a following; for the very most popular headliners it still makes sense to show up like 20-60 minutes before to get a good spot inside the area (though depending on how much in front you want to be).  If you show up like 10 minutes before a big headliner you might not even get to the entrance...
** For the not so big headliners you can walk up right before the show and get a good spot, but be aware that if VIP area has very little people e.g. early evening shows it will be opened for general public and then very fast fill up so it sometimes still makes sense to be there like 10-15 minutes before.
** Be aware that access to the SEAT VIP area is through the VIP tribune area on the left hand side, this add some time to get to the SEAT stage

Edited by puckno

24 minutes ago, portobelloroad said:

I remember being really miserable after the line up was first announced but super excited now and I’m still discovering new stuff on the card!

Yeah me too. It is essentially a shit line-up.. but.. having been forced to make the effort I have unearthed quite a lot of bands I didn't know.. so all good.

I've considered VIP but I really hate the private front of stage areas.. it's just twattish- no offence to you... and some of the viewing areas are quite far from the stages.

In general, no need to start another pro or against vip ticket discussion, stir up on emotions etc. Portobelloroad asked for advice and people responded with advice, thats all. Portobelloroad should enjoy his/her access.

• Upvote 1

Unlike previous years, pretty disappointed on numbers of good acts that worthy of VIP front viewing.. probably Janelle, Tame and the much anticipated huge production of Solange live performance. 

Ray-Ban is loaded this year. Auditori and Lotus also have a huge selection of good music, but the distance is killing me. :(.

4 hours ago, portobelloroad said:

Has anyone had good experiences with the free bus back to place Catalunya ? I can see us staying later this year but not keen on lots of queueing to get the bus.

I always get an Airbnb in Raval so when I leave the Forum I always take the Nitbus or the Primavera Bus. They aren't free, this year the shuttle will be 2€/ticket. Last year the queue was very fast (10 minutes max). A good experience in general, no problems whatsoever

4 hours ago, portobelloroad said:

Were staying central so thanks for all the beer/food recommendations too!

If I remember some more, I'll add to the list

1 hour ago, Albinoss said:

I always get an Airbnb in Raval so when I leave the Forum I always take the Nitbus or the Primavera Bus. They aren't free, this year the shuttle will be 2€/ticket. Last year the queue was very fast (10 minutes max). A good experience in general, no problems whatsoever

If I remember some more, I'll add to the list

Cool thanks I was thinking we’d have to get taxi.

Bars, Please do - I have a soft spot for the bar on the way down the street from the metro, it’s not the best but serves dark beer and has memories of great anticipation!

22 minutes ago, portobelloroad said:

I have a soft spot for the bar on the way down the street from the metro

Which one is it? Or which metro station / carrer?

Edit: maybe you mean the one near the forum? "La Rambla"?

Edited by Albinoss