Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Blimey. They've laid grass down for Mordor this year. 

That's great news. 

Having nearly drowned in mud at Glastonbury, I'm all for avoiding fields, but ten hours walking on concrete, with too few places to sit down can be tough.

The "grass" at Mad Cool last year made for a much more relaxed atmosphere.

32 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

What's the deal with those bleachers at the main stage site. Accessible to anybody, or just VIP? And can you still hear well from there?

For everyone in 2017 anyway, hope it’s the same this year, all sounded good.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

What's the deal with those bleachers at the main stage site. Accessible to anybody, or just VIP? And can you still hear well from there?

There are some bleachers one side which are public access, then there are other bleachers on the other side which are for VIPS (these have bars and food inside). The one in the photo is the public one.

sounds is perfectly fine from the bleachers :) 

Ran past the site yesterday and it's shaping up nicely. Primavera stage has its frame and the main stages are just starting.

• Upvote 1

Random question but does anyone remember the drinks price list at the bars on the festival site last year?  I've missed both 2017 & 2018 but remember a large Heineken being about 6euro.  Just good to get an idea of how much euro is needed.

13 minutes ago, Lars said:

But be prepared to stand in line for 10-15 minutes to get a beer during busy hours. The bar logistics is a nightmare. 

Really?  That was the one thing that was always so easy at Primavera.  I'm guessing it's still cash bars, please no token system this year.  I've always found that going to the stage when no band is playing & then using that bar is the trick.

45 minutes ago, Lars said:

But be prepared to stand in line for 10-15 minutes to get a beer during busy hours. The bar logistics is a nightmare. 

There's always a quiet bar somewhere on site (one next to the Adidas/Pitchfork stage was always easy to get served I found).

• Like 1

Sadly, last year the slow bar queues were one of the main complaints. Hopefully they have responded this year.

My recommendation (and lots of other people in this forum will say the same) is to just go to a bar next to a stage with no music. If you plan correctly you can end up getting served in seconds but when at the Primavera, Ray-Ban or Pitchfork stages, it can be tedious at night.

• Upvote 1

On 5/17/2019 at 2:27 PM, BiffyClyro95 said:

Has anybody got any tips on ensuring I eat the most authentic Spanish food as much as possible? I'll be in the city a fair so any good tapas places or street food recommendations would be good but I'm also wondering what the festival food is like. Any suggestions on decent food I can bring in to the festival would be good as well.

Ps. Cheap as possible too plz

On 5/17/2019 at 2:39 PM, xxialac said:

A similar question but on bars/drinking places?

Where has the best atmosphere? I only know Can Paixano which is great...

I was waiting for someone from Spain/ Barcelona to reply to this, but I can give some suggestions. Take note:

As already stated, Can Paixano (the Xampanyeria) is a very good and distinctive place, located in Barceloneta. Cava wine and various kind of  tapas and burgers. Very crowdy (and turistic). I don't remember the prices ? Alternative, not too far: El Xampanyet, very small but typical place where to eat good tapas standing at the counter.
In the mercat de la Boqueiria you should definitely try Bar Pinotxo, first bar at the entrance. Really great atmosphere and food. Also try el Quim de la boqueria. Tapas, black rice, all great!
If you want to eat a good paella: El rey de la gamba in la Berceloneta, or the bodega vasconia in the Barrio Gotico (they make a very good sangria also).
The best ones are spanish hang-outs: Can Mano (barceloneta), very good prices and the food is great! Quimet & quimet, small, super typical, you must eat standing. Very very good montaditos and wines.
Pretty cheap but good: Guixot is a catalan restaurant where you can eat a lot at a low cost. It's near the rambla de Raval (the place with the gat de Botero scupture, you can't miss it, good bars all around the place. Try the Ambar). Another cool bar is Kino near the MACBA, great coffee, burgers and tapas.

Enjoy

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Albinoss said:

I was waiting for someone from Spain/ Barcelona to reply to this, but I can give some suggestions. Take note:

As already stated, Can Paixano (the Xampanyeria) is a very good and distinctive place, located in Barceloneta. Cava wine and various kind of  tapas and burgers. Very crowdy (and turistic). I don't remember the prices ? Alternative, not too far: El Xampanyet, very small but typical place where to eat good tapas standing at the counter.
In the mercat de la Boqueiria you should definitely try Bar Pinotxo, first bar at the entrance. Really great atmosphere and food. Also try el Quim de la boqueria. Tapas, black rice, all great!
If you want to eat a good paella: El rey de la gamba in la Berceloneta, or the bodega vasconia in the Barrio Gotico (they make a very good sangria also).
The best ones are spanish hang-outs: Can Mano (barceloneta), very good prices and the food is great! Quimet & quimet, small, super typical, you must eat standing. Very very good montaditos and wines.
Pretty cheap but good: Guixot is a catalan restaurant where you can eat a lot at a low cost. It's near the rambla de Raval (the place with the gat de Botero scupture, you can't miss it, good bars all around the place. Try the Ambar). Another cool bar is Kino near the MACBA, great coffee, burgers and tapas.

Enjoy

You legend! Thank you.

• Like 1