Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

OCB is a new stage this year but the area she is playing is quite small. I would imagine that it will be a stripped down set, I expect the time line would be more flexible on that stage.  If I was a big fan I'd watch the Primavera stage set and if me mates weren't organised enough to be there on time tell them to come back later. 

17 hours ago, xxialac said:

The BITS area opened in 2017 so you have missed two years of it.

Seems amazing to me you could have gone 2 years and not noticed such a massive area, the listings in the schedule, announcements about it etc. Must be annoying!

Yes.. I consider myself extremely stupid TBF

4 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

They renamed it BITS in 2017 but 2016 was the first year of the "over the bridge electronica area" under the name Beach Club. It's been growing in size ever since of course.

It is undeniably bizarre that we hadn't understood this. 

8 hours ago, e1gn3a5 said:

Wonder if anyone could give an opinion on this. I really want to see Alice Phoebe Lou but almost certain I won't be able to get my group together and into the site by 17.20 when she's on the Primavera stage. She's on again at 19.00 on the OCB stage.

Would I assume correctly that the set on the Primavera stage will be a "festival" set, maybe with full band and the OCB set will just be her with a guitar? Is the OCB stage tiny? I do notice the OCB stage set is actually a little longer than the main set strangely. 

Don't be dependent on your crew and just show up on time by yourself!

• Like 1

Has anybody got any tips on ensuring I eat the most authentic Spanish food as much as possible? I'll be in the city a fair so any good tapas places or street food recommendations would be good but I'm also wondering what the festival food is like. Any suggestions on decent food I can bring in to the festival would be good as well.

Ps. Cheap as possible too plz

10 minutes ago, BiffyClyro95 said:

Has anybody got any tips on ensuring I eat the most authentic Spanish food as much as possible? I'll be in the city a fair so any good tapas places or street food recommendations would be good but I'm also wondering what the festival food is like. Any suggestions on decent food I can bring in to the festival would be good as well.

Ps. Cheap as possible too plz

A similar question but on bars/drinking places?

Where has the best atmosphere? I only know Can Paixano which is great...

Monday

Kelly Kapowsky, Deerhunter 

Tuesday

Cate le Bon or Lonker See

Wednesday

Conttra at Day Pro, Mow, Melenas, Hatchie

Coucou Chloe, Fucked Up 

Thursday

Dream Wife, Stephen Malkmus, half of Big Thief, some of Shonen Knife, Courtney Barnett, Guided by Voices, half of Demdike Stare, Myrkur

Friday

Mayberian Sanskulotts, Pond, Kurt Vile, half of Derby Motoreta's Burrito, Jawbreaker, Aldous Harding, Él Mató a un Policia, few songs of Tame Impala, Swervedriver, Robyn, Bliss Signal

Saturday

Mr Perfumme at Day Pro, Carino, Retirada!, Haru Nemuri, Built to Spill, Shellac, Pusha T or Drab Majesty, Sistemas Inestables, June of 44, Sterolab

My schedule (as for now):

Wed 29:  Mow > Melenas > Hatchie > Meuko! Meuko! >  Big Red Machine > Fucked Up

Thu 30:  Mayberyan Sankulotts > 5K HD > Birthh >  A. Smyth > Elena Setièn  > Alice Phoebe Lou / Odina > Soccer Mommy > Stephen Malkmus > Shonen Knife > Lonker See / Courtney Barnett > Interpol > Erykah Badu > Myrkur / The Comet Is Coming > Fka Twigs > Nitzer Ebb

Fri 31:  Sistemas Inestables > Belau > Phoro > Lucy Dacus > Snail Mail > Sons of Kemet XL > Beak> > Piroshka > Jawbreaker > Suede > 5K HD > Low > Kate Tempest > Bliss Signal

Sat 01:  Mr. Perfumme > Han > Alondra Bentley > Tirzah > Harunemuri > Built To Spill > Shellac > Drab Majesty > Jarvis Cocker > Sistemas Inestables > June of 44 > Stereolab / The Messthetics / Bush Tetras (the worst clash) > Roisìn Murphy > Modeselektor live

Sun 02:  Filthy Friends > Christina Rosenvinge > Agost > The Beths (half set) > Efrim Manuel Menuck > Miya Folick > Flaca OR Coco dj set

9 minutes ago, Albinoss said:

My schedule (as for now):

Wed 29:  Mow > Melenas > Hatchie > Meuko! Meuko! >  Big Red Machine > Fucked Up

Thu 30:  Mayberyan Sankulotts > 5K HD > Birthh >  A. Smyth > Elena Setièn  > Alice Phoebe Lou / Odina > Soccer Mommy > Stephen Malkmus > Shonen Knife > Lonker See / Courtney Barnett > Interpol > Erykah Badu > Myrkur / The Comet Is Coming > Fka Twigs > Nitzer Ebb

Fri 31:  Sistemas Inestables > Belau > Phoro > Lucy Dacus > Snail Mail > Sons of Kemet XL > Beak> > Piroshka > Jawbreaker > Suede > 5K HD > Low > Kate Tempest > Bliss Signal

Sat 01:  Mr. Perfumme > Han > Alondra Bentley > Tirzah > Harunemuri > Built To Spill > Shellac > Drab Majesty > Jarvis Cocker > Sistemas Inestables > June of 44 > Stereolab / The Messthetics / Bush Tetras (the worst clash) > Roisìn Murphy > Modeselektor live

Sun 02:  Filthy Friends > Christina Rosenvinge > Agost > The Beths (half set) > Efrim Manuel Menuck > Miya Folick > Flaca OR Coco dj set

Looks great but exhausting just contemplating getting through that lot!

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Looks great but exhausting just contemplating getting through that lot!

I have a similar program every year, this will be my 7th.
Not really exhausting though. I always take an airbnb in Raval, so the CCCB concerts are around the corner and I can see them easily (and I can take the nit bus to Plaza Catalunya when I leave the festival late in the night). From there, I can go back to the room to refresh or go straight to the forum.
Also, the obvious: the stages where you can sit (Ray Ban on the stairs, Primavera on the grass) are useful if you need a moment to rest.

Another thing, I usually avoid the mordor zone, this time I'll see just Courtney Barnett, Interpol and Erykah Badu on Thursday. So I will walk less

Edited by Albinoss

46 minutes ago, Albinoss said:

I have a similar program every year, this will be my 7th.
Not really exhausting though. I always take an airbnb in Raval, so the CCCB concerts are around the corner and I can see them easily (and I can take the nit bus to Plaza Catalunya when I leave the festival late in the night). From there, I can go back to the room to refresh or go straight to the forum.
Also, the obvious: the stages where you can sit (Ray Ban on the stairs, Primavera on the grass) are useful if you need a moment to rest.

Another thing, I usually avoid the mordor zone, this time I'll see just Courtney Barnett, Interpol and Erykah Badu on Thursday. So I will walk less

I've done ten and I usually flake out towards the end and don't go to the afternoon ones. Yeah, I'm starting to avoid mordor as much as possible; I just don't like the atmosphere there and it adds to the walking as you say.

14 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I've done ten and I usually flake out towards the end and don't go to the afternoon ones. Yeah, I'm starting to avoid mordor as much as possible; I just don't like the atmosphere there and it adds to the walking as you say.

I too tend to run out of energy toward the end (not a young dude here). Some more stops and a lime red bull / coffee usually help me to attend everything as scheduled. But sometimes I skip some second choices in between the unmissable shows, if I'm too tired or if I loose myself into chatting with friends.

The afternoon shows don't subtract energy to the rest of the day, there are often surprisingly good acts at Day pro, and there's a very relaxed atmosphere 

Edited by Albinoss
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1