Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

The Auditori is a separate concert hall in the triangular building that's on your right hand side as you approach the site. There's a first line of security, then an open area, then the actual entrance to the site. You access the Auditori from this open area between the two. Think of it as an extra stage in front of the entrance. Check the map.

In previous years, some Auditori concerts have required extra (free) tickets that you had to queue up for, but that's not happening this year. You just need to show your wristband to get in. There's still a limit on numbers though.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, daveje said:

The Auditori is a separate concert hall in the triangular building that's on your right hand side as you approach the site. There's a first line of security, then an open area, then the actual entrance to the site. You access the Auditori from this open area between the two. Think of it as an extra stage in front of the entrance. Check the map.

In previous years, some Auditori concerts have required extra (free) tickets that you had to queue up for, but that's not happening this year. You just need to show your wristband to get in. There's still a limit on numbers though.

Thank you!

On 5/10/2019 at 6:28 PM, n=Nowheretohide said:

Was hoping that Interpol would have more space, at least as Tame Impala or AM last year, this 60 minutes looks pretty short for only decent headliner for that day....

Where do you see that it says 60 minutes? From what I gather, they play for 70 minutes from 23:15 till 0:25.

My tentative schedule:

Monday: Deerhunter.

Tuesday: Homeshake, Meuko Meuko (though I may just skip this night entirely).

Wednesday: Coucou Chloe, Fucked Up (more time to enjoy the city in the evening, but rest will be important too so we'll see).

Thursday: Julien Baker, The Necks, Danny Brown, Clairo, Interpol/Carcass, SOPHIE, Charli XCX, FKA twigs.

Friday: Midori Takada, Snail Mail, Beak/Julia Holter, Carly Rae Jepsen, Janelle Monae, Tame Impala/Low, Cybotron, Bliss Signal, Helena Hauff.

Saturday: Catarina Barbieri, Bulgarian Voices, Kali Uchis, Rosalia, Solange, J. Balvin/Stereolab, Aisha Devi, Danny L Harle, Martyn

Sunday: The Beths, Efrim Manuel, Cupcakke

But the real goal for Thursday through Saturday is to see five full sets per day in optimal qualitative conditions, especially since I hate jumping and skipping around as if I'm changing channels on the television. This gun b good.

Edited by SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot

here we go:

Thursday:    Julian Baker, Soccer mommy/Dream wife, Big thief, Apparat, Courtney Barnnett, (Nas?) , interpol/GBV, Dirty projectors / the comet is coming, FKA twigs, Maribou state

Friday:    Lucy Dacus, Snail Mail, Sons of Kemet, Beak, Jannele Monae (most of it), Suede, Tame impala, Jungle (cybotron?), mura masa, Iglooghost, some of Peggy Gou

Saturday:     Carino ? , built to spill, Pusha T, Jarvis (Damn you PS, for the clash with Neneh Cherry), Stereolab, roisin Murphy (some of JPEGEMAFIA?) , Modeselektor

still a few holes to fill, still some hard decisions to make

Plan so far:
Wednesday: Hatche>>Big Red Machine
Thursday: Soccer Mommy>>Stephen Malkmus>>BigThief>>Shonen Knife>>Christine & The Queens>>NAS>>Guided By Voices>>Dirty Projectors
Friday: Lucy Dacus>>Snail Mail>>Birkins/Stringfellow>>Beak>>Fucked Up>>Liz Phair>>Chai>>Aldous Harding>> Amyl & The Sniffers>>Tame Impala>>Robyn
Saturday: Tirzah>>Haru Nemuri>>Built To Spill>>Shellac>>Rosalia>>Solange>>Primal Scream>>Stereolab
Sunday: Tin Robots>>Filthy Friends>>Christina Rosenvinge>>The Beths>>Amy & The Sniffers>>Miya Follick

On 5/11/2019 at 3:52 PM, xxialac said:

And they have two bands playing the OCB Paper stage (Chai and Alice Phoebe Lou) on Sat and Thurs respectively - second gigs so good if you have a clash elsewhere. But odd not to have anyone there on the Friday...

This sounds cool! I can't see any information online about it, what is the OCB Paper Stage and what time are the gigs at?

My preliminary plan:

Wednesday - whole Primavera stage programme

Thursday - Las Odio >> Alice Phoebe Lou >> Dream Wife >> Belau >> Shonen Knife >> Christine and the Queens >> Sigrid >> Interpol >> SOPHIE >> Yaeji >> Maribou State

Friday - Lucy Dacus >> Putochinomaricon >> Birkins >> BEAK> >> Piroshka >> Janelle Monae/Suede (that 35 minutes long clash is the most heartbreaking moment of this year's timetable for me) >> Tame Impala >> Jungle >> Mura Masa

Saturday - Carino >> Retirada! >> Haru Nemuri >> Built to Spill >> Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes >> Loyle Carner >> Drab Majesty >> JARV IS >> Primal Scream >> Stereolab >> Danny L Harle

Sunday - Filthy Friends >> The Beths

Still a work on progress..Still a lot of question marks

Wednesday - Big Red Machine

Thursday - Julien Baker>> Soccer Mommy >> Stephen Malkmus  >> Shonen Knife vs Danny Brown () >> Apparat Live >> NAS vs Courtney Barnett (?)>> Interpol >> Dirty Projectors >> FKA Twigs>> Maribou State

Friday - Lucy Dacus >> Snail Mail >> Birkins >> Kurt Vile vs Fucked Up (?)> >> 20-25 minutes of Liz Phair >> Janelle Monae >> Last 15 - 20 Minutes of Suede  >> Low >> Tame Impala >> Jungle >> Mura Masa >> Tim Burgess DJ Set.. Hoping for The Charlatans set as a surprise act for this year fest

Saturday - Haru Nemuri  vs Evripidis (?)>> Built to Spill >> Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes >> Loyle Carner >> Rosalia vs Pusha T (?)>> Solange vs Jarvis vs Neneh Cherry (F you Primavera)>> Primal Scream >> James Blake vs Stereolab (F you Primavera) >> Modeselektor >>Avalon Emerson

Sunday -  The Beths >> Amyll & The Sniffers >> Miya Folick

Thursday - Julien Baker >> Dream Wife >> Chandra >> Christine and the Queens >> Nas >> GBV >> Sophie >> FKA >> Jarvis/Nina Kravitz

Friday - Lucy Dacus >> Snail Mail >> Sons of Kemet >> Beak >> Carly Rae Jepsen >> Suede >> Tame Imapala >> Robyn >> Tim Burgess/Peggy Gou

Saturday - DJ Supermarkt >> Mystery of the Bulgarian Voices >> Shellac >> Pusha T >> Jarvis >> Primal Scream >> Stereolab >> Richie Hawtin

Edited by bobhoward

Tuesday - Kate Le Bon

Wednesday - F'd Up (plus the Tiawanese bands if I don't see them on Tuesday) 

Thursday - Bridget St John >> Julien Barker >> Necks / Dream Wife >> Malkmus >> Shonen Knife >> SLF >> GBV >> Comet Is Coming >> Nitzer Ebb / Severed Heads 

Friday - Midori T >> Sons of Kemet >> F'D up / Piroshka >> Liz Phair >> Suede >> Low >> Swervedriver 

Saturday - Tirzah >> Built to Spill >> Shellac >> The Footy >> Primal Scream >> Stereolab >> Slowthai

Sunday - Filthy Friends >> The Beths >> Efrim etc / Amyl etc

Here we go.

Wednesday
Bar crawl followed by Fucked Up @ Apolo

Thursday
Bridget St. John >> Alice Phoebe Lou >> The Necks >> Stephen Malkmus >> Danny Brown >> (start of) Stiff Little Fingers >> Nas >> Guided By Voices >> SOPHIE vs The Comet Is Coming >> FKA Twigs vs Nitzer Ebb >> Jarvis Cocker DJ

Friday
Midori Takada >> Snail Mail >> Sons of Kemet XL >> Beak> >> Carly Rae Jepsen >> Chai >> Aldous Harding >> Low >> Robyn >> Joy Orbison >> Iglooghost

Saturday
Tirzah >> Haru Nemuri >> Built to Spill >> Tim Hecker >> (bit of) Pusha T >> Solange >> Stereolab >> Roisin Murphy >> (end of) JPEGMAFIA >> sleeeeeeeep

Sunday
Filthy Friends >> The Beths >> Efrim Manuel Menuck >> DJ Coco

Cannot wait!!!

I'm a bit confused by Primavera Bits. It seems we talking the section off to the left accessed via a bridge.. but we always thought that was either V.I.P. or Pro punters only. Has that situation changed? I'm sure it used to give the impression of 'no entry' to normal punters... but it has 4 stages and it says that full ticket holders may attend- not that you have to have special tickets. Can anyone enlighten me please?

19 minutes ago, Boris said:

I'm a bit confused by Primavera Bits. It seems we talking the section off to the left accessed via a bridge.. but we always thought that was either V.I.P. or Pro punters only. Has that situation changed? I'm sure it used to give the impression of 'no entry' to normal punters... but it has 4 stages and it says that full ticket holders may attend- not that you have to have special tickets. Can anyone enlighten me please? 

no, it's not VIP/Pro only. it's open to all, no tickets required, and was the same last year too.

Cheers ghostdancer1 .. it used to be for 'the few' thought didn't it? We might have missed the change last year because one of our usual gang couldn't make it. I'd be dismayed to think we've missed this for years..

2 hours ago, Boris said:

Cheers ghostdancer1 .. it used to be for 'the few' thought didn't it? We might have missed the change last year because one of our usual gang couldn't make it. I'd be dismayed to think we've missed this for years..

Nope, the Bits area has always been open for everyone.

2 hours ago, Boris said:

The BITS area opened in 2017 so you have missed two years of it.

Seems amazing to me you could have gone 2 years and not noticed such a massive area, the listings in the schedule, announcements about it etc. Must be annoying!

13 hours ago, xxialac said:

The BITS area opened in 2017 so you have missed two years of it.

Seems amazing to me you could have gone 2 years and not noticed such a massive area, the listings in the schedule, announcements about it etc. Must be annoying!

They renamed it BITS in 2017 but 2016 was the first year of the "over the bridge electronica area" under the name Beach Club. It's been growing in size ever since of course.

5 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

They renamed it BITS in 2017 but 2016 was the first year of the "over the bridge electronica area" under the name Beach Club. It's been growing in size ever since of course.

You're completely right. I had misremembered 2017 as being the first year.

Wonder if anyone could give an opinion on this. I really want to see Alice Phoebe Lou but almost certain I won't be able to get my group together and into the site by 17.20 when she's on the Primavera stage. She's on again at 19.00 on the OCB stage.

Would I assume correctly that the set on the Primavera stage will be a "festival" set, maybe with full band and the OCB set will just be her with a guitar? Is the OCB stage tiny? I do notice the OCB stage set is actually a little longer than the main set strangely.