Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

37 minutes ago, slowdive said:

Have they changed that? Usually you had to leave the main area/entrance and re-enter with all the other people standing in lines.

I’m confused. That’s never been my experience in 10 years! You leave the auditori, sure, but you don’t leave the festival site.

24 minutes ago, pipan said:

actually, to get to the auditori, you have to leave the festival site. it was like this last year and also two years ago.

My answer was based on this question “After seeing an Auditori show, do you have to stand in line to re-enter the fest with all people entering the fest for the first time? In other words, does it take a while to re-enter the fest?”

i misunderstood and thought that meant two consecutive auditori shows.

you are right 

Edited by xxialac

Anyone spotted any gaps?

Seems to be one at the Adidas stage at 3am on Friday.

And they have two bands playing the OCB Paper stage (Chai and Alice Phoebe Lou) on Sat and Thurs respectively - second gigs so good if you have a clash elsewhere. But odd not to have anyone there on the Friday...

42 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Anyone spotted any gaps?

And they have two bands playing the OCB Paper stage (Chai and Alice Phoebe Lou) on Sat and Thurs respectively - second gigs so good if you have a clash elsewhere. But odd not to have anyone there on the Friday...

If you're thinking about unexpected, than they also have last year's hidden stage location vacant, as Heineken moved to new location

3 hours ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

If you're thinking about unexpected, than they also have last year's hidden stage location vacant, as Heineken moved to new location

There are two blue blocks there though and l read someone on another forum saying that's where the "flatstock" poster stalls will be...

Edited by Hip Priest

41 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

There are two blue blocks there though and l read someone on another forum saying that's where the "flatstock" poster stalls will be...

Might be. I see they placed night pro stage where the merchandise stands usually go, so these lines might be that.

In any case, I for one don't expect much from unexpected this year, I don't think we'll get anything

2 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Might be. I see they placed night pro stage where the merchandise stands usually go, so these lines might be that.

In any case, I for one don't expect much from unexpected this year, I don't think we'll get anything

Yeah you’re probably right and the gap on the Friday on Adidas I saw is actually occupied by Bliss Signal.

my ambitious plan :

Wednesday : 
Hachie>>Big Red Machine>>CouCouChloe>>Apparat dj set
Thursday :
Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks>>Shonen Knife>>Apparat>>We Will Fail>>Interpol>>Sophie>>Empress Of>>FKA Twigs vs Nitzer Ebb>>Nina Kraviz
Friday :
Pond>>Beak>>Piroshka>>Jawbreaker>>Chai>>Suede>>begging of Low>>Tame Imapla>>Robyn>>Iglooghost>>Helena Hauf
Saturday :
Haru Nemuri>>Built to Spill>>Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes>>Tim Hecker>>Drab Majesty>>Jarvis Cocker>>Primal Scream>>Stereolab>>Rosin Murphy>>Modeselektor>>Avalon Emerson
Sunday :
Agost>>The Beths>>Efrim Manuel Menuck>>Amyl & the Sniffers

Thursday :
The Necks>>Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks>>Shonen Knife>>Apparat>>Stiff Little Fingers>>Interpol>>NAS>>Carcass>>Erykah Badu>>Comet is Coming>>Yaeji>>Nitzer Ebb
Friday :
Midori Takada>>Sons of Kemet>>Beak>>Fucked Up>>Liz Phair>>Chai>>Suede>>Amyl and the Sniffers>>Tame Impala>>Cybotron>>Iglooghost
Saturday :
Caterina Barbieri>>Haru Nemuri>>Built to Spill>>Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes>>Shellac>>Tim Hecker>>Suzanne Ciani>>Jarvis Cocker>>Neneh Cherry>>Primal Scream>>Stereolab>>Messthetics>>Richie Hawtin>>Modeselektor

22 hours ago, xxialac said:

Anyone spotted any gaps?

Bliss Signal are playing, there has been a mistake in a previous version of the schedule

image.png.d0d198b2b3f4cd305cb12a2377fcfabf.png

Where have you seen the OCB lineup? I'd like to go to CHAI if there's another chance.

27 minutes ago, Orens said:

Bliss Signal are playing, there has been a mistake in a previous version of the schedule

image.png.d0d198b2b3f4cd305cb12a2377fcfabf.png

Where have you seen the OCB lineup? I'd like to go to CHAI if there's another chance.

It’s now on the official site timetable. Looks like there’s scope for someone to be added on Friday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ejusw said:

What are the perks of VIP? Are there additional washrooms? Any seating areas? I ask cause my wife is pregnant and I'm wondering if there is any benefit to get VIP for her comfort. Thanks!

Yes, and it will definitely be a more comfy experience for her. Just look at the 2018 map for those areas, it probably will stay the same (outside of the Bits area). Good for you guys! 

Thursday:
Alice Phoebe Lou > Dream Wife > Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks (only the first 20-30 min) > Big Thief > Mac DeMarco > Christine and the Queens (the end) > Sigrid > Guided By Voices > 070 Shake > Dirty Projectors (the end) > Charli XCX > FKA twigs

Friday:
Lucy Dacus > Snail Mail > Pond > Kurt Vile > Piroshka > Jawbreaker > CHAI > Aldous Harding > Miley Cyrus > Tame Impala > Jungle > Mura Masa > Peggy Gou

Saturday:
Boy Pablo > Built To Spill > Channel Tres > CL Final > Solange > Tierra Whack > Sterolab > JPEGMAFIA > Modeselektor

Far from definite, but for now:

Wednesday:

flight > Hatchie > Cuco > Big Red Machine > late dinner > Fucked Up > Apparat DJ

Thursday:

Dream Wife > Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks > Danny Brown > (Apparat?) > Courtney Barnett > Interpol > (Dirty Projectors?) > The Comet is Coming > Severed Heads/Nitzer Ebb > Maribou State

Friday

Lucy Dacus > Snail Mail > Sons of Kemet XL > Beak> > most of Janelle Monae > Aldous Harding > Low > Kate Tempest > Robyn > Objekt > Half of Peggy Gou's set > Agoria

Saturday:

Tirzah > Boy Pablo/Haru Nemuri > Built to Spill > RRUUCCUULLA > Channel Tres > Lizzo/(Solange+Rosalia) > J Balvin > James Blake > Roisin Murphy > Modeselektor > DJ Rosario & Sama-Yax

Sunday

sleep > Agost > The Beths > Amyl & the Sniffers > Miya Folick > DJ Coco

Last year I've been to 42 sets, let's see if I can still match it in 2019.

• Upvote 1

Also depends which side you're on, and how far back the Primavera crowd goes, and how late it is.

Primavera and Ray Ban are paired, so they alternate time slots. There's normally 5 or 10 minutes between one stage finishing and the other one starting.

My other recommendation is that when you first arrive in the sunshine, you'll see the grounds and find it really easy to navigate. It is genuinely quite a simple festival space but trust me, when It gets dark and the crowds grow in the night it can get really disorienting. 

Try and avoid moving between the main two stages and the rest of the festival too much when it gets dark. A lot of people have said it in this thread but when you leave the main stages right when an act finishes it can take a long time to get out and it's extremely easy to lose track of people.

Not trying to scare anybody but definitely try and arrange a meeting point in the festival in case you lose each other. I know it's festival 101 but Primavera is in the dark more than 50% of the time.