Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

12 minutes ago, xxialac said:

But if you don’t care about the football all the next the other stages are running and they don’t pull any bands because of it.

And if they win, the city is going to be one big happy celebration.

I'm not complaining, I'm just surprised that there are so many visitors willing to watch football on a music festival, that they have to screen it on the main stage.

On Saturday, only possible main stage act I care about is Primal Scream.

The festival is mostly made up of Spanish people and most of these are from Barcelona, which is a one-club city with a legendary team that hasn’t been in the final in four years.

There’d be a riot if they didn’t show it and it doesn’t involve any music being cancelled.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

The festival is mostly made up of Spanish people and most of these are from Barcelona, which is a one-club city with a legendary team that hasn’t been in the final in four years.

There’d be a riot if they didn’t show it and it doesn’t involve any music being cancelled.

Don’t tell Espanyol fans Barcelona is a one club city ?

• Like 1

I'd assume half the main stage acts to go on earlier than planned. The other half to go on as previously scheduled after the match is over.  Maybe Solange, J Balvin and Rosalia from about midnight?

If Barcelona win, there will be a definite buzz around the place and huge celebrations in town all night.

Set time announcement year by year:

2014: Apr 29th - Tuesday

2015: May 6th - Wednesday

2016: May 12th - Thursday 

2017: May 5th - Friday

2018: May 9th - Wednesday

I think you're all right with the football playing a part in set times. After the next leg of Barcelona - Liverpool on Tuesday they'll make a decision. I think we'll get it either the day after so May 8th or the following Monday so May 13th.

Edited by Gnarler
Added days of the week
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I'd assume half the main stage acts to go on earlier than planned. The other half to go on as previously scheduled after the match is over.  Maybe Solange, J Balvin and Rosalia from about midnight?

If Barcelona win, there will be a definite buzz around the place and huge celebrations in town all night.

Some of us live in Amsterdam, if Ajax gets to the final then it's a win-win regardless ;)

On 4/30/2019 at 5:03 PM, Declan said:

+ Amy and The Sniffers and The Beths for the closing night (Apolo). Looks good!

+ Filthy Friends the super group featuring Peter Buck (R.E.M.) and Corin Tucker (Sleater-Kinney) at CCCB.

Also, there were almost 25 bands playing the Sunday last year. Only 14 are announced so far. New additions?

3 hours ago, Howsonisnow said:

Don’t tell Espanyol fans Barcelona is a one club city ?

One of the catering staff a few years ago was wearing a T-shirt - How to tell the locals for the tourists. The tourists were wearing Barca tops and the locals Espanyol!

I am bit conflicted by the result last night. I've been dreading the dilemma of Liverpool playing the Champions League Final whilst Stereolab are on stage. 

Just now, Bousval said:

+ Amy and The Sniffers and The Beths for the closing night (Apolo). Looks good!

+ Filthy Friends the super group featuring Peter Buck (R.E.M.) and Corin Tucker (Sleater-Kinney) at CCCB.

Also, there were almost 25 bands playing the Sunday last year. Only 14 are announced so far. New additions?

I think the others will come from  Primavera Pro.

The Wednesday and Sunday programs feel a bit slimmed down this year - but that's in keeping with the gradual reduction over the last few years. 

In 2011 there was a lot of conflicting opinions on whether the football should take precedence at a music festival & certain bands didn't want to go up against it (Mogwai springs to mind as I think they wanted to watch it!) - but when it came to the day the atmosphere was great & the music still went ahead on most stages whilst the main stage area was hosting the game.

1 hour ago, Declan said:

I think the others will come from  Primavera Pro.

The Wednesday and Sunday programs feel a bit slimmed down this year - but that's in keeping with the gradual reduction over the last few years. 

Yes I’m a bit sad about this. The fantastic afternoon gigs in the park were one of my favourite things about Primavera as well as a great way of avoiding clashes - now just a fond memory.

32 minutes ago, livenstu said:

In 2011 there was a lot of conflicting opinions on whether the football should take precedence at a music festival & certain bands didn't want to go up against it (Mogwai springs to mind as I think they wanted to watch it!) - but when it came to the day the atmosphere was great & the music still went ahead on most stages whilst the main stage area was hosting the game.

OK, that was in 2011, but in 2019... a football match (as a part of the main stage programme) might totally ruin the fragile gender equality. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pipan said:

OK, that was in 2011, but in 2019... a football match (as a part of the main stage programme) might totally ruin the fragile gender equality. :)

If women were banned from watching football then yeah, that might be the case.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Chilly Toad said:

Pro has just upgraded to 33 artists. Additions from Ireland, amongst others, lokking promising. Still no Australians, but Primavera is marked on the calendar of Music Australia...

And still, there is no Egosex on the list - this band was mentioned as part of the Wednesday programme in one of the recent news. I have never heard of them before, but I have already found out, that they are quite good. Any other Primavera Pro artist worth checking?

10 minutes ago, pipan said:

And still, there is no Egosex on the list - this band was mentioned as part of the Wednesday programme in one of the recent news. I have never heard of them before, but I have already found out, that they are quite good. Any other Primavera Pro artist worth checking?

Bands from Taiwan and Brazil are always good. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1