Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

Good to see Fucked Up on the Wednesday are playing a club show at the Apolo rather than the forum.  The Tizah show on the Saturday could be worth the early start (and queue) & Sunday has a good selection of stuff at both CCCB & the clubs.  Can never get enough of the Apolo as a music venue.

Edited by livenstu

1 hour ago, livenstu said:

Good to see Fucked Up on the Wednesday are playing a club show at the Apolo rather than the forum.  The Tizah show on the Saturday could be worth the early start (and queue) & Sunday has a good selection of stuff at both CCCB & the clubs.  Can never get enough of the Apolo as a music venue.

I doubt you'd get into the Tirzah show, given tiny capacity :(

1 hour ago, livenstu said:

Glad to hear that Fucked Up are playing the Apollo. 

Anyone got a link to which other bands are also playing there on the Weds?

1 hour ago, JIMBO666 said:

Glad to hear that Fucked Up are playing the Apollo. 

Anyone got a link to which other bands are also playing there on the Weds?

Cross referencing -

https://lineup.primaverasound.es/primaveraCiutatClubs

with

https://lineup.primaverasound.es/primaveraCiutatApertura

Apparat dj set Apolo
Bea Pelea ?
Big Red Machine Forum
Clara! Apolo
Coucou Chloe ?
Cuco Forum
Fucked Up Apolo
Hatchie Forum
Linn Da Quebrada Apolo
Lolina ?
Melenas Forum
Mina ?
Mow

Forum

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Hehe, respect. I guess if you get there an hour before you'd be fine. But how on earth are you going to drag yourself out of bed after Friday's amazing lineup?!

Yeah, good point, Friday is one hell of a day!

Speaking of which, loving the new Aldous Harding album.  She is a must see for me.

• Upvote 1

I hope they don't mess with the Hidden Stage format. Was the best it's been by far last year (though they need to be less officious about letting people into the area).

Are we expecting Unexpected again this year? Was great in 2017 and then really underwhelming last year.

21 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

They didn't say anything about unexpected this year. 

But on the other hand, they created a lot of build up for it last year and then nothing, so who knows

If I had to guess perhaps last year it was meant to be Los Planetas, Skepta and someone else.

Skepta ended up standing in for Migos and someone else cancelled.

Doesn't look like we'll get it this year but sure there will be at least one nice surprise in the next week.

14 hours ago, livenstu said:

Yeah, good point, Friday is one hell of a day!

Speaking of which, loving the new Aldous Harding album.  She is a must see for me.

She was a must see for me from the get go. Is the new one as good as the previous 2? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

If I had to guess perhaps last year it was meant to be Los Planetas, Skepta and someone else.

Skepta ended up standing in for Migos and someone else cancelled.

Doesn't look like we'll get it this year but sure there will be at least one nice surprise in the next week.

Ride playing the Hidden was good stuff, announced at the festival week.

Just now, MatheauWillis said:

I really fancy the Hatchie show on the Friday afternoon but turning up hungover and not getting in would probably be the worst thing that's ever happened to me. Obviously it's just guess work, but how early are we saying to get in? 1 hour before? 

Yes that's my guess too. 100 people is a very small capacity.

It's too early to be realistic for me.

Hi guys, sorry if this has been asked before but for the Sala Apolo shows what's the deal with getting tickets? Do you queue at the venue earlier in the day or can you buy them online? We're arriving from Ireland a few days early and want to try our best to get to the Fucked Up gig on the Wednesday night ? thanks!

11 minutes ago, kd0092 said:

Hi guys, sorry if this has been asked before but for the Sala Apolo shows what's the deal with getting tickets? Do you queue at the venue earlier in the day or can you buy them online? We're arriving from Ireland a few days early and want to try our best to get to the Fucked Up gig on the Wednesday night ? thanks!

You can just turn up with your full ticket. Your full festival ticket includes entry (but not the day passes).

Ditto the Sunday.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, livenstu said:

I feel a 2011 timetable shuffle / delay coming

It doesn’t have to be remotely complicated. Keep everything as is other than shift the two main stage acts to start about 3 hours earlier to create a gap. Think that’s what they did in 2011.

8 hours ago, xxialac said:

It doesn’t have to be remotely complicated. Keep everything as is other than shift the two main stage acts to start about 3 hours earlier to create a gap. Think that’s what they did in 2011.

In 2011, the main stage programme was interrupted for 3 hours because of a football match? Really?

Just asking, it sounds totally unbelievable to me. :) (and yes, I am not a football fan :))