Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

9 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

The more interesting part of the message is the artists who'll play bits.

Sad to see Cybotron and Maribou state will play bits, I don't like PS bits- too far away from everything else, takes too long to get there and back

Also Lizzo...

37 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

The more interesting part of the message is the artists who'll play bits.

Sad to see Cybotron and Maribou state will play bits, I don't like PS bits- too far away from everything else, takes too long to get there and back

+ Channel Tres.

I'm with you on this. It's a good space but you miss so many other things by going there.

Main stage seems to be by/on the beach this year? Loads of alcohol all day plus the sea - what could possibly go wrong...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ConorC said:

How far away actually is Bits? There are loads of acts playing there I'd like to see.

Can someone who has been to Glasto/Mad Cool/Sziget/Benicassim give me a relative distance comparison if possible?

The distance to bits isn't a big issue - it's only a few minutes walk when it's quiet.

But, when the crowds are moving late at night, it takes f*cking ages to get through.

Last year, we just abandoned plans to see Mike D and Jon Hopkins because we were at other things at Rayban (I think) and the time it would have taken to make it across the bridge meant that we would have missed a good chunk of the sets.

If they improve access between the two areas, it should be fine. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/29/2019 at 2:39 PM, e1gn3a5 said:

DJ Coco posted on Primavera Sound's own forum that Gabi has said access to Bits has improved a lot this year and the bridge will not be the only access point which sounds good.

Zeppelin shuttle please.

29 minutes ago, slowdive said:

Seems like it will be sold out:

7b1f2f513f0ccdbd176ad1d7a61d0137.jpg

Yeah despite all the doom and gloom predictions, people have lost sight of the fact that Primavera can only book who is available and for me they have done a much better job than anyone else with the undercard, even though it is a weaker year than normal. 

I would've thought Gabi and co would have learnt their lessons after having Frank Ocean and Migos bail on them the last two years.

It sucks Cardi cancelled but I'd be lying if I said this was unexpected or surprising. Quite a few people questioned who Cardi's replacement was gonna be when the lineup was announced or whether Skepta was still temporarily booked as the inevitable last minute addition

Edited by Mau5