Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

So this years Heineken stage line up is picked by... us?? 

Via a Facebook link, you add your wishes in the comments  - the cynic in me says that it's already decided, people are bound to cross over the already booked artists - if not then Tom Waits, Cocteau Twins & Boards of Canada, please & thank you!

• Upvote 1

On 3/16/2019 at 8:34 PM, livenstu said:

So this years Heineken stage line up is picked by... us?? 

Via a Facebook link, you add your wishes in the comments  - the cynic in me says that it's already decided, people are bound to cross over the already booked artists - if not then Tom Waits, Cocteau Twins & Boards of Canada, please & thank you!

Haha, yeah no way they can just add up the votes and book the most popular ones.

Bit gimmicky really, c'mon Primavera you don't have to keep resorting to this.

25 minutes ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

demand for this year edition is more then bad ....there are 220tickets  on ticketswap at the moment and number is just rising,  I belive in last few weeks they will have lots of actions on social networks  where they will be giving them for free...

Maybe that's why they're doing the "choose your own" Hidden Stage gimmick?

Or maybe demand is just different - people who are scared of Carly Rae Jepson selling tickets they'd already bought - and even though ticketswap appears cheaper than the main site, I suspect most people won't take the chance or even be looking there while it's not sold out.

Didn't that Gabi dude say that all sorts of festivals across Europe are having trouble this season? I could understand the lack of a Radiohead/Arctic Monkeys-type headliner leading to less sales, but I doubt that a more indie-based lineup would have sold better than what Primavera is offering this year.