Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

Like the sound of Better Oblivion Community Centre. Would reaaally like to see Hop Along on the hidden stage too. They start their European tour on 31st May and are playing Primavera NOS so would make a lot of sense - also no Spanish dates in there... Happy to see me and the knock are two faves from them

On 1/30/2019 at 1:16 PM, xxialac said:

There’s been very little news so far. One thing that has come out - Built to Spill are playing Keep It Like A Secret in full for their set.

The Built To Spill ´news´ is a bit funny though, as their spring tour for months has been billed as the ´Keep It Like A Secret´ tour. E.g. for their mid may Oslo show this has been a known fact since late September. It is as if Primavera suddenly realised what they have booked...

24 minutes ago, puckno said:

The Built To Spill ´news´ is a bit funny though, as their spring tour for months has been billed as the ´Keep It Like A Secret´ tour. E.g. for their mid may Oslo show this has been a known fact since late September. It is as if Primavera suddenly realised what they have booked...

Agree. Also would have given them the chance to put it on the poster for years there was a tradition of having an album played in full.

THU
Bridget St John
Dirty Projectors
Jon Hassell
Apparat

FRI
Cybotron
María José Llergo
Midori Takada
Sons of Kemet

SAT
Daymé Arocena
Suzanne Ciani
Mystery of Bulgarian Voices w/ Lisa Gerrard
Tim Hecker w/ Konoyo

Hassell moved to Thursday. Auditori guesses above to reflect this.

17 hours ago, xxialac said:

THU
Bridget St John
Dirty Projectors
Jon Hassell
Apparat

FRI
Cybotron
María José Llergo
Midori Takada
Sons of Kemet

SAT
Daymé Arocena
Suzanne Ciani
Mystery of Bulgarian Voices w/ Lisa Gerrard
Tim Hecker w/ Konoyo

Hassell moved to Thursday. Auditori guesses above to reflect this.

Dirty Projectors?

Are they not more of a Primavera or Pitchfork band?

Confused about the idea that MIdori Takada isn't big enough for that stage. She seems to me to be totally in keeping with previous triumphant Auditori acts like Lubomyr Melnyk. Do people think the New Normal is going to reduce the audience for those acts?

3 minutes ago, Declan said:

Dirty Projectors?

Are they not more of a Primavera or Pitchfork band?

Confused about the idea that MIdori Takada isn't big enough for that stage. She seems to me to be totally in keeping with previous triumphant Auditori acts like Lubomyr Melnyk. Do people think the New Normal is going to reduce the audience for those acts?

Yes, I think Midori will do just fine there. Dirty Projectors have been confirmed for an auditori show in the initial notes as well as an outdoor show

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pipan said:

I have been wondering about this since the poster was announced. Is this already set? Where can I find which Sunday bands play in El Raval and which at Apollo? Thanks.

Not out yet, which is surprising, but in the notes they did mention that Filthy Friends would play El Raval and this week DJ Coco said Beths at Apollo.

Not sure if this has came up already; whats the deal with the gigs at 'Primavera a la Ciutat'? (In particular the Wednesday). I have been to the festival for the last few years but never had the time to attend the events before/after the main days. Ideally I would like to see Big Red Machine and Hatchie.

Is there limited access to whatever venue these gigs are held in? Or can you just turn up whenever and expect to get in? Also where is it? If anyone could advise it would be appreciated. 

16 hours ago, MatheauWillis said:

Not sure if this has came up already; whats the deal with the gigs at 'Primavera a la Ciutat'? (In particular the Wednesday). I have been to the festival for the last few years but never had the time to attend the events before/after the main days. Ideally I would like to see Big Red Machine and Hatchie.

Is there limited access to whatever venue these gigs are held in? Or can you just turn up whenever and expect to get in? Also where is it? If anyone could advise it would be appreciated. 

The concerts usually is on the Primavera scene (yupp, inside the festival area) on Wednesday, and it has never been a problem to get in for me. Last year they also had concerts inside Auditori (Stereolab played there) with more limited space. There is also concerts at Apollo at the night, which is also more limited.

If we trust this quote: "The inaugural day on Wednesday in the Parc del Fòrum will be completely free with concerts by Big Red Machine, the post-millennial genius Cuco, dream pop by Hatchie and the local Melenas and Mow." I think both BRM and Hatchie will play at the Primavera scene, so you should have no problem to get in. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

The concerts usually is on the Primavera scene (yupp, inside the festival area) on Wednesday, and it has never been a problem to get in for me. Last year they also had concerts inside Auditori (Stereolab played there) with more limited space. There is also concerts at Apollo at the night, which is also more limited.

If we trust this quote: "The inaugural day on Wednesday in the Parc del Fòrum will be completely free with concerts by Big Red Machine, the post-millennial genius Cuco, dream pop by Hatchie and the local Melenas and Mow." I think both BRM and Hatchie will play at the Primavera scene, so you should have no problem to get in. 

Ah, excellent! Thanks for letting me know.

Superb new album from Solange.

Someone mentioned Primavera's booking policy of booking acts who have either released a highly rated album since the last festival, or ones who have one coming in time for this year's festival.

With each passing week and each new release I feel like the lineup goes from strength-to-strength. I've seen both James Blake and Solange before but now I'm excited to see what their new shows will be like when they're incorporating the new stuff.

Lizzo/Pond/Tame Impala albums should be on the way soon too.

As someone who will see a band they like on each touring cycle it's an excellent booking policy from my point of view. Everything fees very fresh.

Edited by ConorC
  • Upvote 1

Hi all ?
I’m currently writing my dissertation about Social Media Marketing tools at Music Festivals and part of it is collecting data. I’ve created a survey and I’d appreciate it if you could take approx. 10 minutes and fill it out.

If you wanna take part you have to be between 20 and 30 years old and have attended a music festival!

Thank you 

https://qmu.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/does-influencer-marketing-work-for-music-festivals?fbclid=IwAR29nsiHqaTmX0gLwjt5OgDmoaO-w2faTlQ_8pxWcaqckwt_lqaa2mb3g5E