Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

Apparat's new single is out today. First material in years and it's excellent. Also just noticed on their description page it says they'll be playing in the Auditori.

The auditori will be stacked this year - should be something like the below. 

WEDS
Bridget St John
Dirty Projectors
The Necks
Apparat

FRI
Cybotron
María José Llergo
Midori Takada
Sons of Kemet

SAT
Daymé Arocena
Jon Hassell
Mystery of Bulgarian Voices w/ Lisa Gerrard
Tim Hecker w/ Konoyo

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Apparat's new single is out today. First material in years and it's excellent. Also just noticed on their description page it says they'll be playing in the Auditori.

WEDS
Bridget St John
Dirty Projectors
The Necks
Apparat

FRI
Cybotron
María José Llergo
Midori Takada
Sons of Kemet

SAT
Daymé Arocena
Jon Hassell
Tim Hecker w/ Konoyo

Cybotron in the audituri? Doesnt sound right, they should be in a standing show.

Also Midori Takada might fit in style, but I doubt she will atract enough poeple to fill it, she will be in a smaller stage in my mind

5 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Cybotron in the audituri? Doesnt sound right, they should be in a standing show.

Also Midori Takada might fit in style, but I doubt she will atract enough poeple to fill it, she will be in a smaller stage in my mind

On some of the others I'm admittedly less confident but Cybotron are playing the Barbican so it fits.  And I just don't see Midori Takada playing outside - all her recent concerts were indoors. 

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

WEDS
Bridget St John
Dirty Projectors
The Necks
Apparat

FRI
Cybotron
María José Llergo
Midori Takada
Sons of Kemet

SAT
Daymé Arocena
Jon Hassell
Tim Hecker w/ Konoyo

Is entry to the auditori limited to the capacity? Have you ever stayed out?

1 minute ago, ConorC said:

Can I find a lowdown on each of the stages anywhere?

Was completely unaware that some are all-seater!

They're all standing except Auditori (seated) and Rayban (seated and standing).  Adidas is a very small stage and you can sit there too. The dance stages are across a bridge in a different part of the site.
VIPs can also sit with a view of the main two stages as well (Mango and Seat, presumably named as such just to confuse this discussion).

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, daveje said:

Midori Takada gives a show with a lot of dynamics in sound, she fits a smaller, more intimate venue than the Auditori, and I'm struggling to work out where she should go.

And Sons of Kemet belongs in Ray-Ban, not in the Auditori.

You're prob right on SoK. They'd be great in both.

On Midori, I think there is no perfect stage for her given the point made but the Auditori is the least worst option. 

In a world where good things happen to me Better Oblivion Community Center would get announced for this (they're releasing European dates next week).

And Conor Oberst could do a solo set while we're at it. And Phoebe Bridgers could also do a solo set if she wants. And since everyone will be there Boygenius might as well play a set. And obviously at my hypothetical festival Bright Eyes get back together and play Fevers & Mirrors in full as well. I don't think all of that is even slightly unreasonable, pull a finger out Gabi.

3 minutes ago, MatheauWillis said:

In a world where good things happen to me Better Oblivion Community Center would get announced for this (they're releasing European dates next week).

And Conor Oberst could do a solo set while we're at it. And Phoebe Bridgers could also do a solo set if she wants. And since everyone will be there Boygenius might as well play a set. And obviously at my hypothetical festival Bright Eyes get back together and play Fevers & Mirrors in full as well. I don't think all of that is even slightly unreasonable, pull a finger out Gabi.

How do you know about the European dates next week? (Would love to see Phoebe at PS)

1 hour ago, MatheauWillis said:

I'd sure love to live in this world of yours... I'll sattle with one of these things happening.

And speaking of wishes, Stephen Malkmus releases a solo electronic album in march. Since we have him with the Jicks, hopefully we'll get an additional electronic solo show as unexpected or hidden stage

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, livenstu said:

Better Oblivion Community Center have posted dates in May for Europe, running up to early May in the UK with no Spain annoucement as yet.  Here's hoping for that Hidden Stage slot!

I'd have thought their European tour ending on 12 May is not a great sign. Too long to hang around?