Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

On 1/5/2019 at 6:01 PM, Annasss said:

Hi,

i was wondering if anyone has any experience of getting their Primavera ticket from Ticketswap? This will be my 4th visit however I have always got my tickets from the official websites. What do you do about the name on the ticket etc? Seems you can save a few pennies from using ticketswap that’s all so I was wondering if it’s worth it. Thanks

I asked the same to Info at Primavera and they replied: Forget about the authorization letter, it won't be necessary.

Unfortunately selling a ticket on TicketSwap is not possible, when you ordered the ticket + Wristband shipping.

1 hour ago, festivalguy97 said:

Janelle Monae is the second headliner at Glasto. Judging by their 2 headliners, it will look like Primavera, but I still think that Primavera 2ill stay with the best lineup in the world for 2019.

Janelle headlines the 3rd largest stage at Glasto, not main stage. 

1 hour ago, festivalguy97 said:

I wasn´t talking about Piramyde stage headliner and she´s still a headliner, a smaller stage but headliner

And what?, The Park and John Peel have headliners too etc, they are different stages. You can't just try and compare a nothing situation like that, she is headlining a stage that's equivalent to about 2nd down on the 2nd biggest stage and 3rd/4th down on the Pyramid.

I'm not the biggest fan but I guarantee Primavera will not have the best line-up in the world for 2019.

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

And what?, The Park and John Peel have headliners too etc, they are different stages. You can't just try and compare a nothing situation like that, she is headlining a stage that's equivalent to about 2nd down on the 2nd biggest stage and 3rd/4th down on the Pyramid.

I'm not the biggest fan but I guarantee Primavera will not have the best line-up in the world for 2019.

You can't *guarantee* it because taste is subjective.

That said, most people who care about indie and rock especially would agree that both Primavera and Glastonbury have stellar lineups, with exceptional depth year after year. Why can't we just leave it at that?

23 hours ago, MatheauWillis said:

Not been keeping up to date over the last month or so, forgive if it's already been posted but this is SO great.

Also shout out to whoever mentioned Harunemuri, really fucking with her album and can imagine she'll be super live.  

So u mean, u liked it (harunemuri)?)

• Upvote 1

This has definitely been asked before but the search tool isn't bringing up anything:

Can I have some advice on where to stay in the centre if possible?

At Mad Cool we found that the metro only stopped in certain places during the night which meant we had to fork out an extra €30 on taxis each night to get back to our AirBnb. That's something we want to avoid this time if we can.

So is there a metro (or buses) which run through the night and are they limited in their route?

The T4 tram runs all night long during the festival, so if you manage to get an airbnb close to one of its stop you're good; if you also want to be close to the centre the best spot is somewhere close to the "Glories" stop

Anyway the festival is in the city, so there's no reason to stay in the centre, if you can find an airbnb in the Poblenou zone you'll be 15-20 minutes by foot away from Parc del Forum, and it's as safe as the centre

If you really want to stay in the centre then I suggest you find an airbnb in Barrio Gotico and then walk to the T4 terminus ( 15 minutes by foot ) or take the L4 metro which is way closer ( Urquinaona stop ) but does not run all night long except on saturday and it's more crowded than the tram

• Upvote 2

Bizarre competition on Radio Primavera: ring up and tell Gabi why the line-up is shit (their word) and if you can persuade him you're right, you and a friend win a festival pass, which begs the question - if you think it's shit, why would you want a ticket?

(am taking the offer at face value, don't think it's wind up!)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

Bizarre competition on Radio Primavera: ring up and tell Gabi why the line-up is shit (their word) and if you can persuade him you're right, you and a friend win a festival pass, which begs the question - if you think it's shit, why would you want a ticket?

(am taking the offer at face value, don't think it's wind up!)

Get dialling n=Nowheretohide! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Have seen Wu Tang and Public Enemy before. Public Enemy brilliant, Wu Tang massively underwhelming.

From a purely selfish perspective I hope they add De La Soul, if any.

I loved WTC in 2013 even though they were missing some of the clan.

Certainly all three have produced seminal albums (and it's the anniversary of those albums).

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

On the subject of old school rappers, has anyone seen Nas live? Any good?

I have, at Parklife.

He did Illmatic in full as a special tribute set. I thought he was excellent. Might have been blinded by the fact that (at the time) he was number 1 on my list of acts I wanted to see live, he was and possibly still is my favourite rapper. Everyone around me seemed to love it too though.

He rapped every lyric too, which is something I find quite rare for hip hop shows.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ConorC said:

I have, at Parklife.

He did Illmatic in full as a special tribute set. I thought he was excellent. Might have been blinded by the fact that (at the time) he was number 1 on my list of acts I wanted to see live, he was and possibly still is my favourite rapper. Everyone around me seemed to love it too though.

He rapped every lyric too, which is something I find quite rare for hip hop shows.

Great to hear, thanks!