Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

So she may have already been mentioned but anyone missing Grimes at next year's Primavera seriously needs to check out Haru Nemuri

The EP Kick in the World is the perfect starting point & the album Harutosyura is fantastic.  Can't see that she is booked for anything else outside of Asia as it stands so this is a great get.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

Looking at Coachella´s lineup and considering their budget I think it´s very poor, Primavera´s lineup is still the best lineup in the world right now, altough the Glasto´s lineup is yet to come.

Yeah. It's a weak year in terms of big bands touring.

The headliners are lame, and there are a few names I wish we'd got (Thom Yorke, st vincent, kraftwerk), but all in all, it's a great lineup

Hi,

i was wondering if anyone has any experience of getting their Primavera ticket from Ticketswap? This will be my 4th visit however I have always got my tickets from the official websites. What do you do about the name on the ticket etc? Seems you can save a few pennies from using ticketswap that’s all so I was wondering if it’s worth it. Thanks

1 hour ago, Annasss said:

Hi,

i was wondering if anyone has any experience of getting their Primavera ticket from Ticketswap? This will be my 4th visit however I have always got my tickets from the official websites. What do you do about the name on the ticket etc? Seems you can save a few pennies from using ticketswap that’s all so I was wondering if it’s worth it. Thanks

Fine - used it for both Barca and Porto versions.

You won't get the name changed on the ticket but it's never been a problem in my previous experiences.

On 1/4/2019 at 12:43 AM, festivalguy97 said:

Looking at Coachella´s lineup and considering their budget I think it´s very poor, Primavera´s lineup is still the best lineup in the world right now, altough the Glasto´s lineup is yet to come.

I would agree that Primavera is still the best big festival, there is no other with this variety and quality to the undercard. This years development with less guitar-based and heavy music is disappointing though. There are smaller festivals like Roadburn, Dunk! Festival and Arctangent that musically might attract me even more than Primavera. However these fests are somewhat lacking in variety and going to a camping festival or small Dutch town is such a bleak comparison to Barcelona.

I will arrive on the Saturday before the festival to allow plenty of time for sightseeing and to catch Deerhunter of course. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Annasss said:

Hi,

you will need copy of passport of original owner and his letter where he/she agree to give you his/her ticket ( if its VIP tickets then its 99% that they will ask you for it if its not VIP then they might skip it but its safer to have it with youi

20 hours ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

you will need copy of passport of original owner and his letter where he/she agree to give you his/her ticket ( if its VIP tickets then its 99% that they will ask you for it if its not VIP then they might skip it but its safer to have it with youi

How do I go about getting this from the seller? I’ve bought my ticket from there, can’t see anything about getting in touch with the seller.

3 hours ago, ConorC said:

How do I go about getting this from the seller? I’ve bought my ticket from there, can’t see anything about getting in touch with the seller.

yeah if its ordinary ticket then you are 99% good, if its vip they will check for id I also brought last year on ticketswap and then I have found seller on fbk and asked for those papers....I think it can be already pretty much safe to say that 2019 edition is going to be disaster nobody is buying tickets on ticketsawp even though they are  much cheaper then on primavera site, good thing is there will be no big queues...last year there were only one ticket left on ticketswap for VIP tickets by february 15th and on official channels VIP tickets were sold by the end of January, or something like that I know they were sold when I tried to buy them and prices compared to this today were a lot higher...woulnt be suprised that they end up giving tickets for free on various radioshows

Edited by n=Nowheretohide

1 hour ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

yeah if its ordinary ticket then you are 99% good, if its vip they will check for id I also brought last year on ticketswap and then I have found seller on fbk and asked for those papers....I think it can be already pretty much safe to say that 2019 edition is going to be disaster nobody is buying tickets on ticketsawp even though they are  much cheaper then on primavera site, good thing is there will be no big queues...last year there were only one ticket left on ticketswap for VIP tickets by february 15th and on official channels VIP tickets were sold by the end of January, or something like that I know they were sold when I tried to buy them and prices compared to this today were a lot higher...woulnt be suprised that they end up giving tickets for free on various radioshows

I guarantee that the 2019 edition won't be a disaster. Not selling out is not a disaster, as most years it doesn't sell out. It will be heaving all the same.

The festival is massively established, there are a sufficient number of acclaimed names, there are plenty of commercial names, there is a very strong undercard, the competition is not any better and it's in sunny Barcelona. 

• Upvote 2