Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

worst lineup in a long time.

won't be long before Post Malone, Rihanna and DJ Khaled are headlining the way it's going.

Give it a chance. The more I look at it, the more I warm to it and as with every year inevitably there will be at least a dozen discoveries made between now and May.

For me, I'm over the fucking moon about this lineup. Missing many acts I was hoping for but SO SO SO many acts I hadn't even considered that have made this an absolute belter. If you're into the art of pop music and where it can go from there then this is the best lineup you'll find. 

Also, I guarantee no other lineup this year will look anything close to this. They've curated a very special list of names.

• Upvote 2

also bummed about DJ Coco being repositioned. Indicative of a rebranding maybe?

I don’t know his replacements at all but I guess they won’t play the sort of hilarious/clumsy mash up indie I usually lose my mind to as the sun comes up in Sunday morning. 

But maybe I’m part of the old guard gabi is trying to shift the fest away from, future proofing it a bit

still going, but might be the last time. Or the beginning of a new era. Who knows. As long as it’s sunny. 

Solange, Danny Brown, FKA Twigs, Janelle Monae, STEREOLAB(!!), Guided By Voices, Rosalia, Sophie, Roisin Murphy, Fucked Up, NAS, Built to Spill, Pusha T,  Stephen Malkmus, Dirty Projectors, Sons of Kemet, Tim Hecker...  Really struggling to see how this ISN'T exciting?!  Not many other festivals that mix it up like this.

It's EPIC!

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, riseupandkill said:

also bummed about DJ Coco being repositioned. Indicative of a rebranding maybe?

I don’t know his replacements at all but I guess they won’t play the sort of hilarious/clumsy mash up indie I usually lose my mind to as the sun comes up in Sunday morning. 

But maybe I’m part of the old guard gabi is trying to shift the fest away from, future proofing it a bit

still going, but might be the last time. Or the beginning of a new era. Who knows. As long as it’s sunny

I agree with both.

Will probably not buy a ticket before the line-up is out again next year.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Yeah, I'd appreciate some suggestions too from those in the know.

3 minutes ago, akrygiel said:

Working my way through the undercard. Anyone have suggestions on names that aren't jumping out at me?

Big Thief, Soccer Mommy, Dream Wife, Yaeji, Julien Baker, Dirty Projectors, Lucy Dacus, Snail Mail, Aldous Harding, Loyle Carner, Boy Pablo, Miya Folick, The Beths

• Like 3

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Yeah, I'd appreciate some suggestions too from those in the know.

From the ones I know (I'll be doing plenty of digging myself)...

Sons of Kemet, Beak>, Dam-Funk, Tim Hecker, Demdike Stare, Helena Hauff, Iglooghost, Julien Baker, Shonen Knife, Snail Mail...

Stiff Little Fingers, ha, missed them on first look

Really sad about Brockhampton and St.Vincent not being there, also would swap Cardi B with Lauryn Hill and Future with Chance The Rapper.

By the way, when do you think the full festival ticket will be sold out? I want to but I only know if I can go there in mid February, don´t know if they are going to be available for so long. 

Edited by festivalguy97