Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

Just now, cortomaltese said:

Guys i think im getting old. There are some superb bands for sure ( low, stereolab etc), but it is the first time from 2012 that i cant find a single name that im super excited for. The ones on the bill that i could be excited, have played again recently at primavera, so it is not the same.

I don't know if it's about getting old, it's just not a very exciting lineup, by Primavera standards of course. It's not terrible but it's nowhere near what we came to expect

• Upvote 1

Here's the post that one of the bookers just posted on the FB group Primavera Sound Italia

"

So, this is Primavera Sound 2019.

An expanding line-up with the passion for music as a common denominator. So proud of having such a big amount of unique performances, special projects, live premieres and not-commercial-at-all artists even being such a huge festival.

Having in mind the huge amount of information, more than 200 artists, here are a few personal highlights (excluding headliners and more obvious names).

-GUIDED BY VOICES

-JAWBREAKER and JUNE OF 44

-STEREOLAB playing for the first time in 10 years

-NAS

-CHARLIE XCX, prove of how good pop should be done in 2018

-Legendary ambient musician JON HASSELL playing for the first time in 5 years. No other shows confirmed so far

-World LIVE premieres by OBJEKT, DANNY L. HARLE and VERONICA VASICKA.

-One of the first live appearances of Juan Atkins under his electro alias CYBOTRON

-Modern hip-hop referents PUSHA T and DANNY BROWN alongside some of the most promising names in the game: 070 SHAKE, TIERRA WHACK, SLOWTHAI, FLOHIO, CUPCAKKE, JPEGMAFIA, RICO NASTY, etc.

-Giving urban music and reggaeton the right context with NENEH CHERRY, HURRICANE G, IVY QUEEN and DJ PLAYERO

-Rare LIVE sets by ANTHONY NAPLES and ANASTASIA KRISTENSEN

-John Peel-approved folk cult musician BRIDGET ST. JOHN

-One of my favourite jazz bands, THE NECKS. New jazz sensation SONS OF KEMET XL will also play the festival

-Modular synthesizer pioneer SUZANNE CIANI will play using a quadrophonic sound system. CATERINA BARBIERI will play on the same day

-Ambient totem TIM HECKER playing alongside the KONOYO ORCHESTRA. APPARAT will also perform a new ambient live set in the festival

-Japanese percussionist MIDORI TAKADA

-THE MYSTERY OF THE BULGARIAN VOICES featuring LISA GERRARD (Dead Can Dance)

-One of my favourite DJs, MUMDANCE, will also play with his electronic black metal project, BLISS SIGNAL

-Other metal representations will be CARCASS, MYRKUR and the EBM act NITZER EBB

-Punk hit-makers STIFF LITTLE FINGERS

-Brasilian trans icon LINN DA QUEBRADA

-YVES TUMOR performing one of the records of the year with a FULL BAND

-Basque country Swans LISABÖ

-And an electronic line-up that includes, among others:

Batu / Clara! / Coucou Chloe / Dam-Funk / Demdike Stare / Denis Sulta / DJ Marcelle (Another Nice Mess) / Djrum / Dr. Rubinstein / Epsilove live / Eris Drew b2b Octo Octa / Fantastic Man b2b Tornado Wallace / Forest Drive West / Helena Hauff / Hieroglyphic Being live / Iglooghost / Izabel / JASSS / Jayda G / Job Jobse / Joy Orbison / Krystal Klear / Laurel Halo DJ / Lolina / Mad Miran / Mafalda / Marie Davidson live / Mina / Modeselektor live / Mozghan / Nina Kraviz / Nosedrip / Object Blue live / Overmono (live and DJs) / Peach / Peggy Gou / Roisín Murphy / Roza Terenzi / SOPHIE / Steffi / Upsammy / Voiski live / Ylia"

At first sight it looks a bit weak as no real big name is appearing as a headliner, no the cure, no vampire weekend, no new order.....

but the second look reveals a heavy undercard with big quality.

I understand a few people‘s disappointment, as they expected bigger names in the first rows of the poster.

the new normal is obviously relating to hip hop/pop replacing rock and of course the big amount of female artists.

30 minutes ago, Albinoss said:

I really like this line up. Just was expecting Daughters and they're not in. But Stereolab, Beak, June of 44, the Messthetics, Jawbreaker! A friend of mine is going to buy the abono right after seeing the cartel.

It will be so much fun! 

Cheers i only know and have seen beak from those. Will check the others out. 

3 minutes ago, riseupandkill said:

I got issues/questions 

- wanna see deerhunter and cate le bon, but they’re on before my flight gets in (mon/tues)  dammit

- is there anything in parc del forum on weds?

- is the auditori on this year?

read the full notification on the site: 

https://primaverasound.com/noticiaSingle?origen=ps&id=1658

There are forum shows on Wednesday (big red machine and a few more), and also Auditori (dirty projectors)

Edited by JedTheHumanoid

1 minute ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

read the full notification on the site: 

https://primaverasound.com/noticiaSingle?origen=ps&id=1658

There are forum shows on Wednesday (big red machine and a few more), and also Auditori (dirty projectors)

Wicked. Site was still showing last year’s info when I looked.