Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

Just to clear things up in case anyone else missed my point completely (and then I'm done offtopic-ing here), the points I was tryng to get across:

1) gender (or race, etc) should NOT be a criteria - if nothing else because it's fundamentally sexist/racist 

2) equality of opportunity is not the same as equality of outcome - the former we should all be actively pursuing (and should be the normal), the latter is simply unfair

3) while the topic of gender inequality is definitely not to be ignored, having a 50/50 lineup does absolutely nothing to solve it

4) last but not least, good music is good music and does not in the slightest depend on whether the artist or the listener have a penis or not

Have a terrific festival(s) folk, regardless of which one and regardless of the ratios. ??

P.s.: it is gonna be fun when the new normal is something else completely 

Edited by clasher
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Wake and listen just updated their prediction, adding Kendrick as strong rumor (probably wrong) and Kelly Uchis and Earl Sweatshirt as rumors.

They're probably off with Kendrick following today's news, but the other two seems spot on

For me Kendrick is also out, I´l replace him with Kid See Ghosts. Kali Uchis made a stellar album would love to see her, and Earl could be at Primavera easily,

19 minutes ago, clasher said:

Just to clear things up in case anyone else missed my point completely (and then I'm done offtopic-ing here), the points I was tryng to get across:

1) gender (or race, etc) should NOT be a criteria - if nothing else because it's fundamentally sexist/racist 

2) equality of opportunity is not the same as equality of outcome - the former we should all be actively pursuing (and should be the normal), the latter is simply unfair

3) while the topic of gender inequality is definitely not to be ignored, having a 50/50 lineup does absolutely nothing to solve it

4) last but not least, good music is good music and does not in the slightest depend on whether the artist or the listener have a penis or not

Have a terrific festival(s) folk, regardless of which one and regardless of the ratios. ??

P.s.: it is gonna be fun when the new normal is something else completely 

With you on 100% of your well-made points mate.

1 hour ago, clasher said:

it literally does do something to solve it but go off. guess you'd rather do nothing.

also what's up with that weird fucker posting terrible manosphere memes in here. is he ok.

Edited by Mash011

The amount of people on this forum who can't wrap their heads around the fact that opportunities in the music/festival world are skewed unfairly towards males and the only way to fix this is for organisations like festivals to make a conscious shift in their policies until females are represented fairly enough in the industry that a 50/50 split is natural is dumbfounding.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You lot chat so much shit. Here's 40 names I'm expecting to see on the poster in no particular order. if 30 of them are right you all owe me a beer

Robyn, Tame Impala, The Cure, J Balvin, Interpol, Beak, Bicep, Grimes, Beirut, Cardi B, Sharon Van Etten, Jimothy Lacoste, Mitski, Bodega, Swervedriver, Jpegmafia, Mourns, Marianne Faithful, Kali Uchis, Neneh Cherry, Earl Sweatshirt, Sleaford Mods, Molly Burch, Anderson Paak, Steven Malkmus, Mono, Kevin Morby, Noname, Black Midi, J Mascis, John Grant, Bo Ningen, Senyawa, Freddie Gibbs, Toro Y Moi, Modest Mouse, Irreversible Entanglements, SOPHIE, Boy Pablo, Rosalia

• Like 1