Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

4 minutes ago, kalters said:

You all are really acting like it would be impossible to get a beautiful line-up with a 50/50 split between male and female acts. Why? There have been so many good acts at Primavera in the last couple of years, some of which might even be some of my favourite concerts ever (Solange, Björk). If you look at the potential new pool of headliners, there's more men than women, which is not a fair representation of what the music world looks like right now. Primavera was and has always been a forward thinking festival and a perfect split between male and female acts will be a next successful step within that line of thinking.

so you have meanaged to sum it all up  waht's wrong with that and present it as a good thing.......criteria for artist should never be based on their sex race sexuality or political agenda

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

hahah there's about a dozen acts on there, mostly of whom would be on the undercard. Don't be so negative.

The facts it there aren't that many headliner sized indie bands who are touring this year. Those that are, either dont fit PS' style (The 1975) or played very recently (The National, Bon Iver).

Just give me a late night Death Grips set and i'll be happy.

It´s poor for me not because of the quality of the artists but because there are very few rumours, this lineup is so unexpected, last year we knew from the rumours that Nick Cave, National and Bjork would headline, this year we only can put J Balvin as headliner, the whole lineup is a very big question mark, I´m so excited for Wednesday, I think they will surprise us. 

You should of course pay some attention or you might end up like Reading 2015
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/the-reading-leeds-2015-line-up-if-it-only-included-bands-with-female-members-looks-pretty-sparse-10068557.htm

... on the opposite you have festivals with attention to this matter (though on a smaller scale...) like e.g.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/sep/08/end-of-the-road-festival-women-acts   and
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/ya-festival-in-norway-is-championing-women-in-music-with-50-of-its-acts-including-central-female-10364576.html

However this should really be old news in 2019, and not a brand new gimmick. Though that being said it is still important to pay attention. Not to put it on top as the main booking criteria or anything, but still - awareness is good!

3 minutes ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

so you have meanaged to sum it all up  waht's wrong with that and present it as a good thing.......criteria for artist should never be based on their sex race sexuality or political agenda

In an ideal world, yes, but we all know there's a lot of inequality in the festival world. In this case, I believe spreading awareness for taking sex into account is a thing the festival world will benefit from in the long run.

7 minutes ago, puckno said:

and was one of the worst R&L lineups in recent years imo. Wireless is pretty terrible as well given the choice they have in the Pop/RnB genre.DUJk__DW4AAI0fy.jpg

I see on this forum that it´s a waste of time to try to change people´s minds about inequality and sexism, so you people who don´t agree with the 50:50 you always have a choice of not attending PS2019, nobody is obligated to pay money and see acts that you don´t like or don´t agree with, if you don´t support the idea it´s you problem, but it´s the reality and the NEW NORMAL of these days, so have to live with that. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

I see on this forum that it´s a waste of time to try to change people´s minds about inequality and sexism, so you people who don´t agree with the 50:50 you always have a choice of not attending PS2019, nobody is obligated to pay money and see acts that you don´t like or don´t agree with, if you don´t support the idea it´s you problem, but it´s the reality and the NEW NORMAL of these days, so have to live with that. 

wow man are you also vegan ? you have that ray of sunsine

• Downvote 3

don't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to your level and beat you with experience.

We all agree:

We want the best music

We want to live in a world where the gender of artists isn't important its how good their music is that matters

We want to feel everyone is represented

I don't care how we get there as long as we do soon enough.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Well yeah, it's a good idea and everything, but if another festival happens to have a far better line-up and a let's say 65:35 gender split rather than 50:50, then most likely I would indeed be going to that other festival instead. 

5 minutes ago, brayshizzle said:

The New Normal is the present for we live to long in the past. 

"The Kid A for Millennials 5/5" - NME 

? Can't wait for 10 years time when we're making lists of our favourite 1975 albums instead of talking about the actual thread! On a serious note I do think they'd be a good fit for this, are they free on the dates?

10 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

? Can't wait for 10 years time when we're making lists of our favourite 1975 albums instead of talking about the actual thread! On a serious note I do think they'd be a good fit for this, are they free on the dates?

Its just going to be a list of abbreviations.