Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

Just now, RaphPH said:

If Strokes do end up touring? Are they likely for this again considering they played a few years ago...

He did say "big Indie bands"

I don't reckon so. Did it a few years back and have done nothing since (except maybe that EP the other year). Reckon they're more likely for Mad Cool, but I dunno if they've got any headliners left to announce. Maybe Doctor Music instead.

12 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Very poor list, comparing to last year it´s very bad

hahah there's about a dozen acts on there, mostly of whom would be on the undercard. Don't be so negative.

The facts it there aren't that many headliner sized indie bands who are touring this year. Those that are, either dont fit PS' style (The 1975) or played very recently (The National, Bon Iver).

Just give me a late night Death Grips set and i'll be happy.

Edited by Guy Incognito

Just now, Guy Incognito said:

hahah there's about a dozen acts on there, mostly of whom would be on the undercard. Don't be so negative.

The facts it there aren't that many headliner sized indie bands who are touring this year. Those that are either dont fit PS' style (The 1975) or played very recently (The National, Bon Iver).

Just give me a late night Death Grips set and i'll be happy.

Their last one shook me. So fucking good. 

I need NIN for this. Badly. 

If "the new normal" is really the 50/50 gender split, I honestly don't get it. 

I mean sure, it's in line with the current PC times and all and don't get me wrong, I'm the first to defend gender equality, but from my point of view music is THE thing that transcends gender, race, sexual orientation and the like. 

They are of course free to choose the theme of the festival however they like, but what's next, 50/50 gender and equally divided by race for 2020 and then 30/30/30 male/female/non-binary and straight/gay/bi for 2021? It just defeats the uniting purpose of a music festival. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, clasher said:

If "the new normal" is really the 50/50 gender split, I honestly don't get it. 

I mean sure, it's in line with the current PC times and all and don't get me wrong, I'm the first to defend gender equality, but from my point of view music is THE thing that transcends gender, race, sexual orientation and the like. 

They are of course free to choose the theme of the festival however they like, but what's next, 50/50 gender and equally divided by race for 2020 and then 30/30/30 male/female/non-binary and straight/gay/bi for 2021? It just defeats the uniting purpose of a music festival. 

Music is the thing that unites us and transcends gender race and the like as long as it's white blokes doing the uniting I guess. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Mash011 said:

Music is the thing that unites us and transcends gender race and the like as long as it's white blokes doing the uniting I guess. 

Where do you get that from? There's plenty of white blokes much better than black "bloquettes" and vice versa, but I have never ignored an artist based on his/hers race and I'm pretty sure neither have most people. 

Or, you know, being a straight white bloke I just forgot to check my privileges? Utter nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, clasher said:

Where do you get that from? There's plenty of white blokes much better than black "bloquettes" and vice versa, but I have never ignored an artist based on his/hers race and I'm pretty sure neither have most people. 

Or, you know, being a straight white bloke I just forgot to check my privileges? Utter nonsense. 

No one's calling you a racist just because they're pointing out inequality in festival lineups, get a grip. 

• Upvote 2

You all are really acting like it would be impossible to get a beautiful line-up with a 50/50 split between male and female acts. Why? There have been so many good acts at Primavera in the last couple of years, some of which might even be some of my favourite concerts ever (Solange, Björk). If you look at the potential new pool of headliners, there's more men than women, which is not a fair representation of what the music world looks like right now. Primavera was and has always been a forward thinking festival and a perfect split between male and female acts will be a next successful step within that line of thinking.

Edited by kalters
  • Upvote 1