Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

4 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

It might all be just teasers for the radio and not the festival...

Yeah, maybe. But I'm thinking they announce the lineup before or when they go live, so they have something to talk about on the radio. They've teased this "The New Normal" in every social media channel everyday now. 

Speaking about Primavera audience, I went there in 2017 and it was a weird mix, some concerts had a very good audience, some had a very bad audience, at Bon Iver concert people were talking and I couldn´t hear a shit. 

I also went to Primavera Porto this year and I was surprised because I liked Porto´s audience more, it´s very cozy. I went to Nos Alive once, to Super Bock Super Rock and Lollapalooza Berlin and the best audience was at Nos Primavera Sound, very polite, mosh pits everywere but also very educated people, if you get hurt in a moshpit they´ll help you, can´t say the same about Barcelona. 

5 hours ago, Chopman said:

Has anyone thought about kids see ghosts headlining? They headlined tyler the creator's festival camp flog gnaw a few weeks ago, so they're about the same size as tyler and asap rocky. They haven't announced any further tour dates yet but there was no mention of that being a one off performance. I'm guessing they will play coachella next year and then a few european festivals, maybe primavera and glastonbury

Been thinking about it for months, even before their first concert at Camp Flog was announced. Hip Hop is the biggest genre in the world right now, can see them easily headlining Primavera, them or Kendrick, there were rumours about Travis ou Cardi B, don´t know about that, but Migos were at lineup last year so who knows, my bet is that this year will be stacked with hip hop with artists like: Pusha T, Denzel, Brockhampton, Saba, Earl...

Edited by festivalguy97

2 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Speaking about Primavera audience, I went there in 2017 and it was a weird mix, some concerts had a very good audience, some had a very bad audience, at Bon Iver concert people were talking and I couldn´t hear a shit. 

I also went to Primavera Porto this year and I was surprised because I liked Porto´s audience more, it´s very cozy. I went to Nos Alive once, to Super Bock Super Rock and Lollapalooza Berlin and the best audience was at Nos Primavera Sound, very polite, mosh pits everywere but also very educated people, if you get hurt in a moshpit they´ll help you, can´t say the same about Barcelona. 

I tend to say that Porto's Primavera Sound is the best festival in Portugal. It's super chill and its location is absurdly fitting for a festival. I am obviously biased though, as I live in Porto and it is a pleasure to have such a great festival so close to me.

1 minute ago, young_contra said:

I tend to say that Porto's Primavera Sound is the best festival in Portugal. It's super chill and its location is absurdly fitting for a festival. I am obviously biased though, as I live in Porto and it is a pleasure to have such a great festival so close to me.

I agree with you, it´s the best festival here in Portugal, sometimes I feel like we deserve a huge lineup like Barcelona´s Primavera (I know it´s not possible in the next years) but I think that would ruin it, it´s a different version from Barcelona, you don´t get to see so many artists but you really can enjoy the festival and poeple are very cool, also the english drunk guys at Barcelona are the worst, didn´t see so much of them in Porto. 

1 hour ago, festivalguy97 said:

The worst talkers by far are at the two main stages. That's where you find a lot of people who are mostly there as a social event and to be seen. Even then, it's generally fine there until it gets dark.

Porto does have a great audience but so very respectful that (for me at least) sometimes it feels slightly flat.

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The worst talkers by far are at the two main stages. That's where you find a lot of people who are mostly there as a social event and to be seen. Even then, it's generally fine there until it gets dark.

Porto does have a great audience but so very respectful that (for me at least) sometimes it feels slightly flat.

I'd say that for the audience to feel flat it kind of depends on who's playing but I get where you're coming from

19 hours ago, young_contra said:

I recently saw them in Porto and while there were the occasional uncalled for attitudes, the lead singer kept on calling us the best audience they have ever played for. How's the spanish crowd in Primavera Sound, usually? Every time I have someone spanish near me in a festival I'm bound to regret how loud they are ?

Yeah, That environment brings out the worst in certain people it seems. Normally, Primavera crowd are relaxed, which means it's never angry or violent but it does mean people talk A LOT, especially at the main stages. Definitely worth getting up close for a band you really want to see so you're surrounded by fans.

21 hours ago, xxialac said:

Someone has suggested that the New Normal could be booking 50/50 male/female acts.

Makes a lot of sense and would earn them loads of free (good) publicity.

Also the 2 spots yesterday were one woman, one man.

at the info page of primavera sound radio says 'We fight for a feminist radio, consciously aware and committed'.

i think you are right about the 'new normal' thing, we should expect a 50-50 male/female line up.

Of course this says nothing about the quality, and i agree, it shouldn't be a selling point.

In a few hours we will know more.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, cortomaltese said:

at the info page of primavera sound radio says 'We fight for a feminist radio, consciously aware and committed'.

i think you are right about the 'new normal' thing, we should expect a 50-50 male/female line up.

Of course this says nothing about the quality, and i agree, it shouldn't be a selling point.

In a few hours we will know more.

My thoughts exactly. It shouldn"t be a selling point and it can easily be a sacrifice in quality. As far as I'm concerned, I could have a 60/40 female and male lineup (or the opposite) as long as the quality is there. People go to festivals for what they are offering to the consumer, not the artist (to this degree)

2 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

With all this 50/50, half of the headliners could be female, the only female headliners I could imagine are Cardi B, SZA and Florence, and only Florence feels like a headliner, but I think Mad Cool will take them. 

Hopefully St. Vincent

She does Lollapalooza south America in March, which means she might still be touring on festivals season

6 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Here is the programming for the day of Radio Primavera channels 1 and 2, can´t see a thing about line up, maybe they´ll do it at night, or maybe they´ll do it in between the shows.

Capturar.PNG

They tweeted "less than 24h to go" at 2:40PM yesterday so it would have to be before that.