Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

14 hours ago, DDave said:

Said Doves for this festival when they finally reunite, which of course has been announced today (more details on.... Monday) 

Doves never played at Primavera although they were available for years (10 years?). They didn't care for them at all (same for many other British bands).

I don't think this will change in 2019. Monday is just an coincidence.

I would love them to be there, though.

Not sure if this is relevant here but Idles played a sold out show in Barcelona last night. First show since their massive set at PS18. 

Absolutely incredible band and show but my god I've lived in Barcelona for two years now and the it's becoming clearer and clearer why bands don't tour here, most awful crowd I've seen yet and there have been some bad ones. You'd think for a band that preach a loving and inclusive message that their fans would treat people with respect.

Some people kept throwing drinks at the singer which he called out every time. There were other issues but this is the most relevant. Eventually they threw a shoe at him and he just lost it. Tried to fight then and there but was held back by bandmates. 

The singer called him out to meet him backstage after the show and was just miserable for the rest of the songs. Halfway through the last song the singer rips his shirt off and runs off stage, presumably to hunt this guy down.

Overall, poor play from both sides, really disappointing after how great a show they played at PS this year.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

Not sure if this is relevant here but Idles played a sold out show in Barcelona last night. First show since their massive set at PS18. 

Absolutely incredible band and show but my god I've lived in Barcelona for two years now and the it's becoming clearer and clearer why bands don't tour here, most awful crowd I've seen yet and there have been some bad ones. You'd think for a band that preach a loving and inclusive message that their fans would treat people with respect.

Some people kept throwing drinks at the singer which he called out every time. There were other issues but this is the most relevant. Eventually they threw a shoe at him and he just lost it. Tried to fight then and there but was held back by bandmates. 

The singer called him out to meet him backstage after the show and was just miserable for the rest of the songs. Halfway through the last song the singer rips his shirt off and runs off stage, presumably to hunt this guy down.

Overall, poor play from both sides, really disappointing after how great a show they played at PS this year.

Disappointing to read that. Why they threw drinks on him, was there some trigger in particular?

28 minutes ago, Orens said:

Disappointing to read that. Why they threw drinks on him, was there some trigger in particular?

I wasn't right at the front so can't say for sure but it was a really drunk crowd and from the first song there was a lot of aggression from a few people. Lots of middle fingers in the air and the singer telling people to shut up and fuck off. 

They're coming towards the end of a big big tour and it seems they're just fed up with people wanting to be the centre of attention and take on the front man. 

3 hours ago, Gnarler said:

I wasn't right at the front so can't say for sure but it was a really drunk crowd and from the first song there was a lot of aggression from a few people. Lots of middle fingers in the air and the singer telling people to shut up and fuck off. 

They're coming towards the end of a big big tour and it seems they're just fed up with people wanting to be the centre of attention and take on the front man. 

I recently saw them in Porto and while there were the occasional uncalled for attitudes, the lead singer kept on calling us the best audience they have ever played for. How's the spanish crowd in Primavera Sound, usually? Every time I have someone spanish near me in a festival I'm bound to regret how loud they are ?

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Someone has suggested that the New Normal could be booking 50/50 male/female acts.

Makes a lot of sense and would earn them loads of free (good) publicity.

Also the 2 spots yesterday were one woman, one man.

I'll be disappointed if that was it. That should never be a selling point imo

Has anyone thought about kids see ghosts headlining? They headlined tyler the creator's festival camp flog gnaw a few weeks ago, so they're about the same size as tyler and asap rocky. They haven't announced any further tour dates yet but there was no mention of that being a one off performance. I'm guessing they will play coachella next year and then a few european festivals, maybe primavera and glastonbury

15 hours ago, Gnarler said:

Read the same on the AF gang. Disappointing that people have to act in such a dickish way.

10 minutes ago, Chopman said:

Has anyone thought about kids see ghosts headlining? They headlined tyler the creator's festival camp flog gnaw a few weeks ago, so they're about the same size as tyler and asap rocky. They haven't announced any further tour dates yet but there was no mention of that being a one off performance. I'm guessing they will play coachella next year and then a few european festivals, maybe primavera and glastonbury

I wouldn't know how unlikely it is but in my eyes Kanye must be a hell of a scary booking to have, one that might pull out at any given moment

1 hour ago, Chopman said:

Kanye is supposedly headlining Coachella on his own.

2 hours ago, young_contra said:

I wouldn't know how unlikely it is but in my eyes Kanye must be a hell of a scary booking to have, one that might pull out at any given moment

TBF I've never really known Kanye to cancel shows he's been booked for. He even turned up for The Big Chill in Herefordshire for like <25,000 people (albeit he was late, and shit)