Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I thought they were teasing something then the Idles leak came out so they just brought forward the announcement?

yes, but they didn't have any gimmick announcing acts, or at least they hadn't started doing it if they did.

did they announce acts in drips and drabs with some gimmick the year before?

Edited by ghostdancer1

4 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

yes, but they didn't have any gimmick announcing acts, or at least they hadn't started doing it if they did.

did they announce acts in drips and drabs with some gimmick the year before?

Nah I recall 2017 came out in one go, but the gimmick was that they had a fake countdown that kept jumping until it was just out. Like ‘50 days’ one day, ‘20 days’ the next or something like that.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Nah I recall 2017 came out in one go, but the gimmick was that they had a fake countdown that kept jumping until it was just out. Like ‘50 days’ one day, ‘20 days’ the next or something like that.

Yeah it came much earlier than anyone expected from what I remember. As you say, the countdown kept jumping but I think that only started a couple of days before the announcement. I don't think we had a time in advance, I remember being in the library when it was announced (I feel like @Gucci Piggy here) so I wasn't expecting it that morning. 

21 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

do they? the lineup dropped all at once last year?

sure, there was the video with people's reactions, but we didn't learn anything from that.

we only got the lineup when the wild west video/poster came out in January.

You’re honestly not categorising the people reaction video as a gimmick?!

every year pretty much there’s a gimmick. The rocket was a gimmick too.

3 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Just saw the news that a tweet from an unknown user on Twittter mentionined Interpol, Cardi B, J Balvin and Kendrick as headliners, Gabi liked it and then that guy removed his tweet, don´t know if it´s fake or not 

Two hip hop headliners and J Balvin? I wouldn't believe that.

Also... Interpol headlining? hmm...

Edited by diogozsz

30 minutes ago, xxialac said:

You’re honestly not categorising the people reaction video as a gimmick?!

every year pretty much there’s a gimmick. The rocket was a gimmick too.

it wasn't a gimmick to announce the lineup, no.

the post you responded to said that maybe they'll start announcing the lineup via Primavera Radio. You then said they love a gimmick and that it won't be straight-forward and maybe they'll do an advent calendar with a name each day.

maybe they will, but pretty much every year they don't, they just drop the lineup all at once.

the people reaction video was a publicity gimmick, like loads of other promo things, and meant fuck all really.

this is another publicity gimmick, doesn't mean anything unless some names start dropping.

the reaction video was in Dec (or maybe Nov?) last year, and we didn't get the lineup until January.

17 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

From what I understood they are amongst the biggest names, I´m not sure if Cardi B and Interpol are headliners, they can be at the second line of the poster. But for me now is clear that J Balvin or Kendrick can headliners.

32 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Just saw the news that a tweet from an unknown user on Twittter mentionined Interpol, Cardi B, J Balvin and Kendrick as headliners, Gabi liked it and then that guy removed his tweet, don´t know if it´s fake or not 

The fact that I wouldn't have heard of 2 of the headliners either indicates it's not true or I'm way behind the times! 

28 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah it came much earlier than anyone expected from what I remember. As you say, the countdown kept jumping but I think that only started a couple of days before the announcement. I don't think we had a time in advance, I remember being in the library when it was announced (I feel like @Gucci Piggy here) so I wasn't expecting it that morning. 

November 29th, 2016 - a teaser to for the January 20th, 2017 showed up at 12pm local time iirc. The 2016 poster dropped at January 21st so it made sense. 

Then, the festival teased three more dates, each one is earlier than the previous, and at 10pm local time they started counting down to 10am the next day (exactly two years ago). 

Last January, they started livestreaming about 10 hours prior to the planned announcement, with the intention to unveil the acts in the videos throughout the night. But IDLES, the unsung hero of the PrimaLeaks, made them drop the poster at night and redeem us all. 

I honestly thought we were up to something similar last night, and there's no reason to think they won't do it this year.

1 hour ago, diogozsz said:

I wouln't be  at all suprised that they have gone full retard  and that we can expect a lot of hip hop and regeatton bullshit this year.....I would really like to be wrong but after yesterday Sonar announcenebt I dont thik so

Edited by n=Nowheretohide
  • Downvote 7

Robert Forster plus band: new album in March and touring Europe up to May 20th...

28th April 2019: Stockholm, Nalen Klubb.
29th April 2019: Copenhagen, Vega.
30th April 2019: Berlin, Festival Kreuzberg.
1st May 2019: Hamburg, Knust.
3rd May 2019: Münster, Gleiss 22.
5th May 2019: Bonn, Harmonie.
7th May 2019: Frankfurt, Zoom.
8th May 2019: Schorndorf, Manufactur.
9th May 2019: München, Feierwerk.
10th May 2019: Wien, Theatre Akzent.
11th May 2019: Linz, Posthof
14th May 2019: London, Union Chapel.
15th May 2019: Bristol, Fleece.
16th May 2019: Manchester, Band On The Wall.
17th May 2019: Glasgow, King Tut's Wah Wah Hut.
19th May 2019: Dublin, Button Factory.
20th May 2019: Cork, Cyprus Avenue.

1 hour ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

I wouln't be  at all suprised that they have gone full retard  and that we can expect a lot of hip hop and regeatton bullshit this year.....I would really like to be wrong but after yesterday Sonar announcenebt I dont thik so

Every year you have a bunch of hip hop artists and it works every year, can´t see anything wrong with bringing hip hop and only one regeatton artist (J Balvin), you still have another 100 artists to see, stop being close minded with musical genres 

42 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Every year you have a bunch of hip hop artists and it works every year, can´t see anything wrong with bringing hip hop and only one regeatton artist (J Balvin), you still have another 100 artists to see, stop being close minded with musical genres 

they are spreading like zombies  and from rumors of  4 names 3 were into that...   this man has been missing for 5 years and in 3 minutes have knoked down entire today hiphop scene today....

• Like 1