Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

17 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

yeh Tame Impala do seem very likely. There's normally 3-5 acts on the top line so TI, The Cure, New Order and Chance would make sense. Part of me wonders if Gabi is going to be less reluctant  to book US rappers/rnb artists after the fiascoes with Frank Ocean and Migos. 

If that was the set of headliners it'd be the worst for me in the three years I've gone.

last year they shared only AM as headliner with mad cool and this year that will proabblbe Vampire Weekend/Smashing Pumpkins..I dont see Cure doing more then one performance in Spain

Very excited to be back in the forum. Building up to the announcement last year I was checking this forum more than any other website.

I get why Gabi would be put off US hip-hop by Migos and Frank Ocean, however, Tyler and A$AP did an incredible job last year, A$AP even came a day early to guest with Tyler. If anything, people like Vince Staples will be put off Primavera by the bad sound on the Ray-Ban last year. 

I could be wrong with all of this but I feel like they've been testing the water to bridge over to more hip-hop over the past couple of years with bigger names. Hopefully this year they'll get some smaller acts like EARTHGANG, GoldLink, JPEGMAFIA etc. Lots of great stuff I think Prima crowds are starting to listen to more and more.

Just now, Gnarler said:

Very excited to be back in the forum. Building up to the announcement last year I was checking this forum more than any other website.

I get why Gabi would be put off US hip-hop by Migos and Frank Ocean, however, Tyler and A$AP did an incredible job last year, A$AP even came a day early to guest with Tyler. If anything, people like Vince Staples will be put off Primavera by the bad sound on the Ray-Ban last year. 

I could be wrong with all of this but I feel like they've been testing the water to bridge over to more hip-hop over the past couple of years with bigger names. Hopefully this year they'll get some smaller acts like EARTHGANG, GoldLink, JPEGMAFIA etc. Lots of great stuff I think Prima crowds are starting to listen to more and more.

Welcome back!

Yeh those are good points about US rappers, I should have specified that he might be put off booking them as headliners. 

There has definitely been a drop inthe number of rappers playing lower down the bill, as far as I'm aware. Noname would be good, as would JPEGMAFIA. Freddie Gibbs would be nice after his cancellation in 2016. I imagine we will see Brockhampton there, maybe Pusha T aswell. Would love Quelle Chris. 

Just now, rhg_99 said:

Welcome back!

Yeh those are good points about US rappers, I should have specified that he might be put off booking them as headliners. 

There has definitely been a drop inthe number of rappers playing lower down the bill, as far as I'm aware. Noname would be good, as would JPEGMAFIA. Freddie Gibbs would be nice after his cancellation in 2016. I imagine we will see Brockhampton there, maybe Pusha T aswell. Would love Quelle Chris. 

Hopefully less of a wait this year!

Yeah, no worries. It's a fair point. I mean, personally, I didn't give a damn about Migos and was pretty happy they didn't play, but I had a lot of friends who were interested.

Noname is an excellent shout. I feel like Gabi would have tried hard to get Brockhampton so we shall see what happens. 

Just now, JedTheHumanoid said:

Anderson Paak and Childish gambino both should have an album out soon. Both are possible in my mind.

And on a different thing- aside from thier new logo resembling the autobahn album cover- did anyone saw any notification about kraftwerk actually doing Sonar? I think we're still allowed to dream

.Paak would be excellent, he's an awesome live act. Personally, I don't think Gabi will book Gambino, he has a terrible reputation when it comes to cancelling shows...

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

Robyn has a big European tour (before Primavera)

04/03/19 – Tonhalle – Munich

04/05/19 – Palladium – Cologne

04/06/19 – UFO Velodrome – Berlin

04/07/19 – Mehr! Theater – Hamburg

04/09/19 – L’Olympia – Paris

04/10/19 – Melkweg – Amsterdam

04/12/19 – Alexandra Palace – London

She's only announced a handful of dates so far, and nothing in Spain. I'm certainly hopeful she'll be there.

Also really happy to see FOALS are back out and about.

Edited by jadel74
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jadel74 said:

04/03/19 – Tonhalle – Munich

04/05/19 – Palladium – Cologne

04/06/19 – UFO Velodrome – Berlin

04/07/19 – Mehr! Theater – Hamburg

04/09/19 – L’Olympia – Paris

04/10/19 – Melkweg – Amsterdam

04/12/19 – Alexandra Palace – London

She's only announced a handful of dates so far, and nothing in Spain. I'm certainly hopeful she'll be there.

Also really happy to see FOALS are back out and about.

Why has my man been downvoted for posting tour dates and mentioning a band he evidently likes? Surely that's the whole point of this forum? 

Edited by rhg_99
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Anderson Paak and Childish gambino both should have an album out soon. Both are possible in my mind.

And on a different thing- aside from thier new logo resembling the autobahn album cover- did anyone saw any notification about kraftwerk actually doing Sonar? I think we're still allowed to dream

Anderson .Paaks new album, Oxnard, is out this Friday (16 nov)

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

Deerhunter have played about 4 or 5 times in recent years. They're like the house band.

Deerhunter: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2018
Atlas Sound: 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016
Bradford Cox: 2016

Since 2007 Bradford Cox have only missed out on the 2015 and 2017 edition, in none of those two years did he have a fairly recent release (Fading Frontier was released late October 2015). Thus, with a new record out this February, I will estate a 99.5% probability of Deerhunter in the lineup.

8 hours ago, rhg_99 said:

bizarre that we still dont really have a clue who is headlining, apart from maybe New Order. What's everyone thinking, any ideas?

If Foals are going to be back with a new record could definitely see them headlining. 

Have heard The Weeknd and Paolo Nutini will be about May/June time - could be options.

Tom Yorke doing an auditori set would also be really special..

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, White Bear said:

If Foals are going to be back with a new record could definitely see them headlining. 

Have heard The Weeknd and Paolo Nutini will be about May/June time - could be options.

Tom Yorke doing an auditori set would also be really special..

Foals? Headliner?!!! I think you (and others) have choose the wrong festival chat...

Edited by Fabrizzo
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, puckno said:

Smashing Pumpkins confirmed for Heartland Festival in Denmark 30 may- 1 june. Looks likely for Primavera then...

That'd be great. Their new material sounds a bit more promising and they'd be bound to break out some of Gish and Siamese Dream.