Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

8 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

that's surprising, wasnt expecting them.  

Can see them doing two sets at PS like Suede did a couple of years ago. A greatest hits and something like the 'So it goes' thing they last year

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/jul/02/new-order-liam-gillick-so-it-goes-review-manchester-international-festival-joy-division

6 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

btw they (Blitz) announced Nick Cave for Primavera 2018 around November 2017

interesting, good work! Must admit I find that a little underwhelming but I can definitely see it happening, especially if they are playing the same day as another big act, similar to the Bjork/Nick Cave day. 

Maybe Tame Impala and New Order? That'd make sense. I'm still holding out hope for Kraftwerk. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DDave said:

Can see them doing two sets at PS like Suede did a couple of years ago. A greatest hits and something like the 'So it goes' thing they last year

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/jul/02/new-order-liam-gillick-so-it-goes-review-manchester-international-festival-joy-division

damn that sounds/looks great! They were a little disappointing at Glastonbury a few years ago but admittedly I wasn't in the right frame of mind. More than willing to give them another go. 

tbh i also think booking kraftwerk doesn't make that much sense. they've been literally everywhere in europe in the past years, in many occasions even playing the whole catalogue(so having a show based on one album doesn't sound that unique), doing even lesser known festivals, they don't have any new music and i doubt they will even get to produce another album at this point. i think gabi would have got to book them already in the previous years if he really wanted to.

5 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

tbh i also think booking kraftwerk doesn't make that much sense. they've been literally everywhere in europe in the past years, in many occasions even playing the whole catalogue(so having a show based on one album doesn't sound that unique), doing even lesser known festivals, they don't have any new music and i doubt they will even get to produce another album at this point. i think gabi would have got to book them already in the previous years if he really wanted to.

don't crush the dream man! 

In fairness I think you're right. Unfortunately most the acts I'm hoping will headline (Neil Young, Kraftwerk, Kendrick, Portishead) seem somewhat unlikely. 

https://www.bandsintown.com/en/e/1012494764-john-grant-at-victoria-park?came_from=251&utm_medium=web&utm_source=artist_page&utm_campaign=event

A few more acts who are seemingly gonna be announced for All Points East. Can definitely see John Grant, Julien Baker, Snail Mail and Sophie being on the Primavera Sound line up

3 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

https://www.bandsintown.com/en/e/1012494764-john-grant-at-victoria-park?came_from=251&utm_medium=web&utm_source=artist_page&utm_campaign=event

A few more acts who are seemingly gonna be announced for All Points East. Can definitely see John Grant, Julien Baker, Snail Mail and Sophie being on the Primavera Sound line up

Where's Sophie?

Can (sadly) see Mac deMarco at Primavera too

1 minute ago, diogozsz said:

Where's Sophie?

Can (sadly) see Mac deMarco at Primavera too

sorry Sophie isnt on there but was followed by APE on Instagram, they also started following all the acts theyve announced so far, Bon Iver ( who is heavily rumored to be headlining). Then also they followed Architects, Nothing But Thieves and While She Sleeps which would make sense for the as of yet unannounced Bring Me The Horizon day.

Mac demarco back already? He played very high up the bill in 2017.

18 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

sorry Sophie isnt on there but was followed by APE on Instagram, they also started following all the acts theyve announced so far, Bon Iver ( who is heavily rumored to be headlining). Then also they followed Architects, Nothing But Thieves and While She Sleeps which would make sense for the as of yet unannounced Bring Me The Horizon day.

Mac demarco back already? He played very high up the bill in 2017.

Also played 2013, 2015. I don't think he will come back so soon.

Image may contain: one or more people, hat and text

Bon Iver looking to be put in a similar bucket to The Cure, Vampire Weekend and The National.

As always, there's a chance, but I think it's more likely that Big Red Machine (Justin Vernon + The National) will be festival hopping from July in Europe. Hopefully, they play a show here in Barcelona the week before like every band playing Mad Cool did last year at Cruilla and separate concerts.

Bon Iver won't play after headlining in 2017. There is a chance of BRM but I feel like it's a slim chance seeing as both Bon Iver and The National are seemingly doing their own tours. Although that being said, if BRM were to do a show anywhere then Primavera feels like the right place. 

Rather selfishly, I'm quite pleased with these Mad Cool announcements as am not really desperate to see any of the acts they've announced (I saw The National twice last year) so am more than happy if they have them all, rather than Primavera. I do know lots of you guys on here would love The Cure or Vampire Weekend so fingers crossed hopefully one or both are playing, I'd definitely go along and see them if there was nothing else on that took my fancy but we all know that very unlikely.

By all accounts Vampire Weekend were amazing at End Of The Road. Neither them or The Cure would look out of place at the top of the line up, unlike Migos..... 

2 hours ago, rhg_99 said:

Bon Iver won't play after headlining in 2017. There is a chance of BRM but I feel like it's a slim chance seeing as both Bon Iver and The National are seemingly doing their own tours. Although that being said, if BRM were to do a show anywhere then Primavera feels like the right place. 

Rather selfishly, I'm quite pleased with these Mad Cool announcements as am not really desperate to see any of the acts they've announced (I saw The National twice last year) so am more than happy if they have them all, rather than Primavera. I do know lots of you guys on here would love The Cure or Vampire Weekend so fingers crossed hopefully one or both are playing, I'd definitely go along and see them if there was nothing else on that took my fancy but we all know that very unlikely.

By all accounts Vampire Weekend were amazing at End Of The Road. Neither them or The Cure would look out of place at the top of the line up, unlike Migos..... 

Vampire Weekend were a lot of fun at EOTR but I still don't think they are headliner-material.

London's All Points East on the Sunday, June 2nd:

Bon Iver, Mac DeMarco, First Aid Kit, John Grant, Tallest Man On Earth, Julien Baker, Snail Mail, KOKOKO!

As said, can't see either Bon Iver or Mac DeMarco playing again so soon. John Grant, Julien Baker and Snail Mail make tons of sense IMO.