Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

1 hour ago, The Martini Police said:

Did he give away why, out of interest? The thought of Mumford & Sons at Primavera...haha.

I think he just didn't enjoy it and didn't think it fitted with the festival but I can't remember the actual quote. It was pretty early on in her career, maybe even before Lungs came out. 

4 hours ago, r55N said:

seeing a lot of guesses, wishlist's here etc. I thought the headline slots for next year were pretty obvious and will be: Mumford, Florence and the Cure. I'm not super hyped for any of these of course so anything more would be pleasant surprise. Honestly I haven't done a lot of research as most of you here and hope I'm wrong (hope you're wrong for Tame Impala as well, HAHA)...

We'll see soon I guess :)

Florence, maybe, but it's a stretch given how little Gabi seems to care for her. The Cure look more unlikely with every festival they announce. Also, there's no way in hell they'll book M&S. 

7 minutes ago, Andrej said:

Florence and Mumford are not Primavera acts nowdays....The Cure could be there, Bon Iver also, they could surprise with a classic act like Neil Young, who apparently is touring next summer.

agreed about Florence and Mumford. I'd be surprised if Bon Iver played again as they headlined in 2017. 

and yes please Neil Young is the dream, where did you hear he was touring from?

Edited by rhg_99

I'm finding it hard to think of anyone worse than Mumford & Sons playing Primavera.  What a waste of a headline slot.

Neil Young on the other hand!  Stevie Wonder also a wishlist one.  Kraftwerk would be awesome, would fit nicely with Giorgio Moroder who I'm guessing is in.

• Like 1

if I remember corecctly that was after AM  and was chilling in above in vip when they happened paying attention to all those ass twerking skills :)

actually after AM I went to Beach House and then meet with my friends with less taste and then I was forced to witness that poor performance ( poor is actually compliment ) how asap rocky sounded on stage,

Edited by n=Nowheretohide
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, Howsonisnow said:

With Mad Cool announcing The Cure and Vampire Weekend so early makes me think they won’t be at Primavera. I know they shared AM last year but didn’t Primavera announce them first?

i dunno, the two festivals have very different approaches to announcing acts. Mad Cool prefer the slow drip feed whereas PS tend to prefer waiting a bit longer and release the whole line up at once, similar to Glastonbury who almost definitely have The Cure headlining. I wouldn't be surprised if one or maybe even both were announced later. 

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure AM were announced at the same time for both festivals. 

24 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

i dunno, the two festivals have very different approaches to announcing acts. Mad Cool prefer the slow drip feed whereas PS tend to prefer waiting a bit longer and release the whole line up at once, similar to Glastonbury who almost definitely have The Cure headlining. I wouldn't be surprised if one or maybe even both were announced later. 

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure AM were announced at the same time for both festivals. 

Yeah I get that. I suppose I was just hoping that in a Glasto year with people obviously wanting to go to that too we’d get an inkling of who we were getting at Primavera a bit earlier ?.  Definitely a lot harder to predict this year though.

24 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

i think the line up was released 1 day earlier then scheduled because of a leak, so incidentally primavera got to announce AM first. 

Ahhh yes forgot about the leak!