Primavera Sound 2019

Runnerups

On 9/19/2018 at 2:02 PM, StupidDream said:

Close, it was PS 2012. But I also reckon it would be a bit soonish... Or that new album is actually happening soon and some people had a listen and liked it...?

A new album is planned for 2019.

Could this be the reason Best Kept Secret has moved back to Primavera weekend?

28 minutes ago, Orens said:

A new album is planned for 2019.

Could this be the reason Best Kept Secret has moved back to Primavera weekend?

Smith was a bit vague about whether he would be able to quickly produce a new album that he would be satisfied with. But he surely was inspired. Or have I missed some news?

Had the same thought about Best Kept Secret, makes a lot of sense. Maybe share Vampire Weekend as well. 

Primavera usually announces the complete line-up at once, so may take a while before we know The Cure will be at PS, while BKS May announce them soon? 

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I reckon they might have moved dates for The Strokes but yeah, could well be The Cure. Must be a strong headliner if that's why they've moved weekends.

For The Strokes at APE, I suppose you mean? Can't see them being back at Primavera so soon but two events in one weekend where they haven't played makes sense.

Just now, dentalplan said:

For The Strokes at APE, I suppose you mean? Can't see them being back at Primavera so soon but two events in one weekend where they haven't played makes sense.

I figured they could do all three given it's over 4 days. I suppose Primavera might not want to book them again without new material but I imagine they'd sell a lot of tickets.

20 festivals, mostly European for the Cure.

I'd take a guess at 

PS (Spain) BKS (Netherlands), Northside (Denmark) Glastonbury (England) Hurricane + Southside (Germany) Rock Werchter (Belgium) Opener (Poland) Nos Alive (Portugal) InMusic (Croatia) Les Vieilles Charrues + Eurockeenes (France) , Positivus (Latvia) Paleo (Switzerland) Open Air St. Gallen (Austria) Way Out West (Sweden) Oya (Norway) Electric Picnic (Ireland) 

Edited by DiscothequeDave

3 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

I'd take a guess at 

PS (Spain) BKS (Netherlands), Northside (Denmark) All Points East  (London) Hurricane + Southside (Germany) Rock Werchther (Belgium) Nos Alive (Portugal) InMusic (Croatia) Les Vieilles Charrues + Eurockeenes (France) , Positivus (Latvia) Paleo (Switzerland) Open Air St. Gallen (Austria) Way Out West (Sweden) Oya (Norway) Electric Picnic (Ireland) 

They're announced for Ejekt and Firenze. Strongly rumoured for Glastonbury.

Pretty sure Mad Cool will get them but that doesn't mean PS won't, obviously.

31 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I figured they could do all three given it's over 4 days. I suppose Primavera might not want to book them again without new material but I imagine they'd sell a lot of tickets.

I didn't realise it sold well last time, thought the opposite actually. Would seem quite lazy and disappointing for regulars regardless. I think Gabi will just do his usual and tell punters asking for them that they were shit before and that he doesn't want them to return.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They're announced for Ejekt and Firenze. Strongly rumoured for Glastonbury.

Pretty sure Mad Cool will get them but that doesn't mean PS won't, obviously.

I didn't realise it sold well last time, thought the opposite actually. Would seem quite lazy and disappointing for regulars regardless. I think Gabi will just do his usual and tell punters asking for them that they were shit before and that he doesn't want them to return.

Wouldn't surprise me to see BBK Live get them.

Was really surprised to see them doing that many dates due to Bob's fear of flying - something I've just read was made up so he didn't have to tour much, the lying bastard :-)

3 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Wouldn't surprise me to see BBK Live get them.

Was really surprised to see them doing that many dates due to Bob's fear of flying - something I've just read was made up so he didn't have to tour much, the lying bastard ?

Them doing both BBK Live and Primavera last time is what made me think PS won't be afraid to share them. They definitely seem more like Mad Cool's cup of tea but yeah, either one.

And that's an awful lie to have to commit to. Going on camping holidays and all that. Serves him right. :P

• Upvote 1

On 9/21/2018 at 7:48 PM, DiscothequeDave said:

I'd take a guess at 

PS (Spain) BKS (Netherlands), Northside (Denmark) Glastonbury (England) Hurricane + Southside (Germany) Rock Werchter (Belgium) Opener (Poland) Nos Alive (Portugal) InMusic (Croatia) Les Vieilles Charrues + Eurockeenes (France) , Positivus (Latvia) Paleo (Switzerland) Open Air St. Gallen (Austria) Way Out West (Sweden) Oya (Norway) Electric Picnic (Ireland) 

Open Air St. Gallen is Switzerland, not Austria

Built To Spill have announced a couple of shows for the UK (May 1 Leeds, 3 London), Germany, Denmark and Austria (May 21).. pretty sure they'll head southwards after

9 hours ago, brosch said:

Built To Spill have announced a couple of shows for the UK (May 1 Leeds, 3 London), Germany, Denmark and Austria (May 21).. pretty sure they'll head southwards after

I see they're doing Keep It Like A Secret in full. Definitely seems like something Primavera would be in for.

On 9/26/2018 at 1:42 PM, brosch said:

May 11 Oslo, May 29 Lyon. Built To Spill is gonna happen I think

On 9/27/2018 at 9:21 AM, Martin_89 said:

Robyn to headline next year, or is she big enough for it? New album and female (was a big focus this year).

If not headliner, I would love her to play the 03:00 spot at Ray-Ban. 

Would say she's probably not big enough. Think Lana is a more likely shout for a female headliner. 

I reckon strokes and the cure would be more likely at mad cool or APE if they're doing that again

Chance the rapper has that new album coming out with Kanye so I'd guess he could be in the running. Neneh Cherry and grimes also have new albums out so think they could have big slots

A bunch of other names probably worth considering:

Jeff Tweedy solo set

Brockhampton

Bauhaus (new album out)

J Mascis solo (doing a solo tour in the winter)

Marianne Faithful (new album featuring nick cave, warren ellis seems like something for the auditorium)

L7 (new album, haven't played since reunion)

Kurt Vile (new album)

Julien Baker/Molly Burch/Phoebe Bridgers (releasing collaborative material)

20 hours ago, StupidDream said:

Molly Burch? Don't you mean Lucy Dacus? Had to google Molly, but will give hear a listen if she's a bit alike. 

Yeah I did mean lucy dacus haha, think i was listening to Molly Burch at the time! she could make an appearance as well to be fair, has a new album out this week and could imagine her early doors on the ray ban